Cleveland Police Commissioner Labour Candidate

Started by Nuisance, June 16, 2012, 07: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nuisance

Barry Coppinger stood down from CPA stating health and work reasons for the decision after discussing it with Mallon. That's what he said in the evening gazette no mention of standing as
Police Commissioner. Why did he have to discuss it with Mallon?

Don't forget operation lancet

Even though he is labour he supported Mallon, independent, at election time and not the labour candidate

Is this the calibre of person a PCC should be

So all those Brash Bashers be careful what you wish for !

for fawkes sake

Interesting post. It seems nothing is straight forward.
"Remember, remember the fifth of November.
Gunpowder, Treason and Plot.
I see no reason why Gunpowder Treason
Should ever be forgot."

The Great Dictator

dangerman

I think that I'm correct in that in a past election campaign Ray Mallon was in Hartlepool waving the Labour flag for little Wrighty, there was a small gathering outside his office in South Road Mr Mallon made a statement to the Mail saying the same drivel we are all expected to believe regarding politicians.

But lets not forget this same man who was seen by some to be the saviour to modern policing with Zero Tolerance blew it all by admitting to eight charges of criminal behaviour, anyone else would have been sent to prison.

Instead he was sent to Middlesbrough which I think is punishment enough for anyone!

Nuisance

He is also a political assistant at Redcar and Cleveland Council, they changed the job title for him because you can't be both a councillor and a political assistant for a local authority at the same time.

Can anybody who is a member of a political party in this case labour support an Indpendent mayor rather than your own parties candidate be trusted to hold such an important position of PCC

To go against your own party candidate is bad enough but when you support a bad bad cop and then you want to be a PCC now that's  something else isn't it

When he left CPA why didn't he discuss it with the MBRo LAB leader rather than the mayor  clearly a slip up when talking to the gazette it would seem

As the saying goes if you lie down with dogs expect to get up with flees

steveL

I can't imagine many people are going to actually vote in November which means it would be quite possible for a well supported Hartlepool candidate to win through.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

not4me

Drummond says it's 'business as usual' now that he's been re-elected to fill the gap until November. I suppose it's logical that he carries on but I think the 'business as usual' means defer everything and continue to pick up the pay cheque.

GXDN

Walking passed the police station yesterday I notice a large banner hung from the wall which said 'POLICE FORCE OF THE YEAR 2011.'
I think I'm going mad. Either that or I'm in Wonderland where every kind of nonsense is supposed to make sense.

Stig of the Seaton Dump

I wonder if they had to pay a lot of money for that award ?
I don't believe it.

The Great Dictator

GXDN

How are we supposed to vote for people we know nothing about?

mk1

Quote from: testicles on June 21, 2012, 05: PM
I wonder how much the banner cost ?

I understand it is a repaint of one from Radio Hartlepool that went missing a while back!

(In-joke for those who read all the old threads on this hand-to-mouth Company)

stokoe

Quote from: mk1 on June 22, 2012, 05: PM
Quote from: testicles on June 21, 2012, 05: PM
I wonder how much the banner cost ?

I understand it is a repaint of one from Radio Hartlepool that went missing a while back!

(In-joke for those who read all the old threads on this hand-to-mouth Company)

can you still access all the old posts mk1?would love to see all the old posters names.

not4me

Ironic the way this is panning out. One of the justisfications for this change was to prevent or get rid of the drift towards the Police being politicised. Nearly all the candidates in the North East so far appear to be nominated from the political parties.

notenoughsaid

To Not4Me   ....I could not agree more. Over the last few months I have banged the drum for long enough about this very same point. I have posted several times on this site regarding the political overtures  made by  the likes of  Mr.Pottinger who is on record as saying"It is vital that Labour secure this position"  I ask the question why is it so politically vital? What is in his mind?  It is inevitable that to some degree the Police Service/Force or what ever have to answer to their paymasters however that is totally different from being dominated by a political party.Rank and file officers are prohibited by law from being party members in any event but that fact seems to be forgotten.   This is another ill thoughout change by government that will end in tears.