Titanic has hit the iceberg

Started by Julie noted, June 14, 2012, 02: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Julie noted

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ISdTcwC-54

Like him or loathe him, Farage is one of the very few in Europe that speaks the truth and can see the real reason for the bail-outs of Greece, Italy, Spain, Ireland etc.

They are ALL falling under the yoke of a few politicians, mainly based in Germany and France.

This could have gone under National or international posts but it still impacts on all of us in Hartlepool and needs to be watched by as many as possible, so here it is.

steveL

There's a certain irony here in that if it wasn't for Gordon Brown we would all be on board the same ship - and we all know what happened to him.  :o
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

steveL

A somewhat 'over the top' response KD. I made a simple statement which, whether you like it or not, is factually correct and I don't think it amounted to 'praising Gordon Brown to the heavens'

I'm quite happy with the state of my perspective; can you say the same about your tunnel vision?
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

steveL

As a founding member of the IMF, the UK has long standing committments to lend money to the organisation which is repaid in due course - with interest. This helps stabilise the world economy through the provision of national loans which, on occasion, we too have benefited from.

Have you been watching Michael Wood's History programme recently? Apparently, the only indiginous Britons are in Wales, Scotland and Ireland. The rest of us are made up of a mucky mixture of Romans, Vikings, Angles, Saxons and Jewish people.

I've been doing a bit of research into surnames recently and it turns out that we both have something in common, in that both of our surnames date back to the Norman Conquest.

Yes, I hate to be the one to break the news, KD, but apparently you're French - what could be worse than that? Well, possibly the realisation that your ancestors, technically speaking, were immigrants.

In the circumstances, perhaps you should re-think your attitude towards 'Johnny Foreigner' which seems to be the root source of most of your opinions.

Julie noted

Actually kipperdip, I thought someone had written that piece for steveL.
Most unlike him.  ???
I follow your point entirely. We do not want to be governed by Von Rumpoy, Merkel or any other of the clique from the EU.
That is what OUR government is for.

It reminds me somewhat of when 'we' were run by Cleveland County.
It's the same bleedin' principle. They were creaming off the best of everything and Hartlepool got the dregs.
By the way, I love going to France, Italy and Greece (haven't tried Germany yet) and the peoples are very hospitable.
I just don't want the cabal of rulers from other countries running our lives.

for fawkes sake

I remember seeing Mr Forsyth on the BBC Question Time programme. He came over as being slightly to the right of Mussolini.
"Remember, remember the fifth of November.
Gunpowder, Treason and Plot.
I see no reason why Gunpowder Treason
Should ever be forgot."

mk1

There was a very interesting piece on the Euro in today's Mail On Sunday.
Despite all you hear about the UK 'bankrolling' Europe and being 'forced' to pay for the lazy Europeans the figures  show the direct  opposite.

Britain's contribution is 9 billion.
However.........

keep going
Just a bit more

Germandy has pledged 332 Billion

France 250 Billion

The UK really is a minor player in all this.

popgoestheweasal.

6 Years ago there was a russian expert on Europe interviewed. and he predicted the europe project will collapse just like the USSR did saying the rich nations will pay for the poor nations until  they are all poor nations.

Julie noted

I'm with you all the way, KD.
The appeasers for this rogue concept remind me of Anthony Eden, waving his bit of paper, declaring 'peace in our time'.
He was suckered as well...and we know what happened next.  :'(

Funnily enough, it is the very same country giving all the messages of encouragement this time too.
Some people never learn.  :(

mk1

Neville Chamberlain in 1938.
Eden was the man who invaded Egypt............

By the way WW2 ended in 1945.

Julie noted

Wrong man......principle hasn't changed.

Bombs and bullets ended in 1945. The wish for a 4th Reich obviously hasn't.
If you want the UK to be under the Merkels of this world...dream on, we don't.

Sand, head, ostrich.    re-arrange.

PS.
As you are as obviously entrenched in your Euroheaven side as I am in my UK Govt. for UK laws, I do not wish to enter into further posts with you on the matter.

mk1

Quote from: Julie noted on June 18, 2012, 09: PM

Bombs and bullets ended in 1945. The wish for a 4th Reich obviously hasn't.

You remind me of those loons who keep playing the theme  music from the great escape at Germany v England football matches.
A Sun readers view of History!