Here we go?

Started by rabbit, June 14, 2012, 01: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

testing times

There's something that doesn't quite add up about this deal. The Council buys the site and then sells it on to a developer supposedly for a small but significant profit. Does this not lead rather obviously to the question: why does the developer not buy from the current owners direct and save the middle-man's money?
Unfortunately, everything is being kept confidential so, not for the first time, the deal will be done in our name and using our money without any of us having any idea what the terms or the real situation actually is. It's the kind of arrangement that makes people like me wonder what exactly is going on here; what kind of nod and a wink negotiations are going on and who the 'behind the scenes' players really are.

brassed off monkey

Quote from: testing times on June 15, 2012, 12: PM
There's something that doesn't quite add up about this deal. The Council buys the site and then sells it on to a developer supposedly for a small but significant profit. Does this not lead rather obviously to the question: why does the developer not buy from the current owners direct and save the middle-man's money?
Unfortunately, everything is being kept confidential so, not for the first time, the deal will be done in our name and using our money without any of us having any idea what the terms or the real situation actually is. It's the kind of arrangement that makes people like me wonder what exactly is going on here; what kind of nod and a wink negotiations are going on and who the 'behind the scenes' players really are.
[/quote

Openess/Transparency/Accountability

Words that don`t appear to be in the Labour Councils vocabulary, drummond has mentioned a figure of around £2 Million & expects a 6 figure profit, will the profit made on the deal service the costs of the loan required to purchase the place.

Or are HBC laying out £2 million from their back pockets at a time of stringent cuts & pay freezes within the council ?

for fawkes sake

A matter of spin I suspect. The money is being borrowed so there will be interest to pay. It would be useful to know if the 'profit' on this deal takes into account the interest that will need to be paid on top of the administration costs of this whole business.
"Remember, remember the fifth of November.
Gunpowder, Treason and Plot.
I see no reason why Gunpowder Treason
Should ever be forgot."

mk1

Quote from: dangerman on June 14, 2012, 01: PM
It's a pity the mayor cant take a look at Murray Street in particular the Tile shop it's been left derelict for years with ugly boards around it.

Never underestimate the power of the board
I went past tonight and all the  old plywood panels have gone...............

Vincent

Quote from: mk1 on June 16, 2012, 10: PM
Quote from: dangerman on June 14, 2012, 01: PM
It's a pity the mayor cant take a look at Murray Street in particular the Tile shop it's been left derelict for years with ugly boards around it.

Never underestimate the power of the board
I went past tonight and all the  old plywood panels have gone...............

Must be time for a bonfire