Here we go?

Started by rabbit, June 14, 2012, 01: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rabbit

The Mail writes today

"A DEAL for Hartlepool Borough Council to buy a derelict retail site is set to be "concluded" imminently according to regeneration chiefs.

The council is in negotiations to buy Jacksons Landing, at Hartlepool Marina, as part of plans to then sell the land on for redevelopment.

Council bosses are remaining tight lipped over the timescale for the plans, but say they are confident a deal will be concluded soon.
"

Any rumours on the grape vine about this?

dangerman

It's a pity the mayor cant take a look at Murray Street in particular the Tile shop it's been left derelict for years with ugly boards around it.

Councillors promised to address this concern but as usual after the election their memories no longer function.

If we as residents complain we're seen as being racists toward the owner of this eyesore one. Mr Rasul.

steveL

Perhaps I should start a business selling Pink Paper - there seems to be a hell of a demand locally for it.  ;)
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

mk1

Quote from: dangerman on June 14, 2012, 01: PM

If we as residents complain we're seen as being racists toward the owner of this eyesore one. Mr Rasul.

The reason it is derilict is the '10 quid a day' builders he was employing took down one of the load bearing walls and destroyed the buildings integrity. Now all he has to do is  outwait the council and when they get sick of the  trouble they will cave in and let him build some more flats to add to his  'bottom of the market' property portfolio.
He was (well he was 2 years ago) on a blacklist of the triaining companies in Hartlepool. You could always get a place 'working' for him but he never kept anyone on and continued to benefit from the free labour.
Incidently he was the victim of a rather large (money-wise) burglary a year or two back when he went to Pakistan for a relatives wedding. He put in a massive claim for all his wife's jewelry that went 'missing'.
I would  advise the insurance company to get some of the wedding videos from Pakistan and check what she was wearing...................

mk1

Quote from: steveL on June 14, 2012, 02: PM
Perhaps I should start a business selling Pink Paper - there seems to be a hell of a demand locally for it.  ;)

I have heard that the reason the SCAB family ID here is no longer in use is that the newly elected drones were a bit miffed that the official Labour line on local issues was being revealed to us  in advance of them being informed..............

steveL

. . . are you suggesting that we have an influx of sheep that bark?
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Julie noted

After 'Straight Talking' revealed (without engaging brain first) that very few of the labour lot believed the mayors Tall Ship figures....
illustrating that labour knew they were wrong but did nothing about the discrepancies....he has been told to stop playing politics on here.  :-X

steveL

I suspect it was more to do with the football ground but with the whole town now being run from Owton Manor I doubt any protests will make much difference.

mk1

Quote from: Julie noted on June 14, 2012, 02: PM
he has been told to stop playing politics on here. 

Sending out all those grant applications :
(would you like to contribute to my  pet project before your planning application or afterwards?)
has beffudled him!

The Great Dictator

I remember when he bought the co-op next to the odeon 25 years ago and set it on fire, sadly his insurance was void  :D

mk1

Quote from: testicles on June 14, 2012, 06: PM
I remember when he bought the co-op next to the odeon 25 years ago and set it on fire, sadly his insurance was void  :D

That was his father. Shortly afterwards the dad 'fled' home  to Pakistan  ( because of some investigation into an arson attack I believe)but unfortunately he got into a bit of trouble there and was shot in the leg. That is why he walks with a stick today.

Bad luck dogs the family. Didn't someone go and set fire to his historic Hartlepool building and the nice Council people gave him buckets of cash (250,000?) to put it right.

steveL

Can I introduce you two guys to the word 'allegedly' given that no one was charged or found guilty of anything

mk1

Quote from: steveL on June 14, 2012, 07: PM
Can I introduce you two guys to the word 'allegedly' given that no one was charged or found guilty of anything

I was careful. I knew there was no way I could write what I know to be the facts.

dangerman

'Wow' I never even dreamed such a can of worms would emerge from this, now I've learned that a similar fate fell on another of his properties in York Road near the Burn Valley Roundabout.

'Allegedly' caught fire.

It would appear he does not have much luck in business perhaps he should open a Pawn Brokers he certainly has the balls, 3 of them by what has been said.

marky

Isn't this thread supposed to be about Jackson's Landing?  ;D