Contemptible Beck

Started by craig finton, October 30, 2014, 08: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucy Lass-Tick

Quote from: for fawkes sake on October 31, 2014, 08: PM
How many more such people are occupying the council chamber?

Sadly, all too many - and they appear so desperate to hang on to their power that any vestiges of decency seem to have flown out of the window.

Party Pooper

http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/local/fresh-calls-for-hartlepool-mayor-to-stand-down-over-charity-group-court-case-1-6928326

Speaking after the meeting, Coun Akers-Belcher said: "The word resign is being used too frequently by the opposition and without substance."

This raises a many interesting points.
*who is the opposition ? Not the Tories from what I read they back him to the hilt.
*without substance! The police and the prosecution service apparently believe there is some substance regarding the activities in an organisation he was heavily involved in. His ex employer believe there is some substance otherwise they would not have sacked him.
*too frequently! Well it has to be repeated frequently because this man seem to be too arrogant and self focused to do the right thing for the council, his party and the people of Hartlepool.

ashamedtobebritish

Apparently come Christmas "What the Heck Beck" is doing panto with the "Merry Mayor"

Here's a Sneaky Peek at the promo

Tickets available from the Civic Centre

DRiddle

This article makes for a fascinating retrospective read... http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/local/hartlepool-mayor-insists-he-will-not-resign-over-role-in-crisis-hit-charity-1-5895443

It's me calling for SAB to resign 18 months ago, because as a trustee he had ultimate responsibility for the actions of the charity. He obviously refused to resign but at no point did he say "I'm not a trustee".

The article also contains reference to Fred calling for any further funding to MRA to be stopped and there's also a call for the scope of the inquiry into councillors connections to the voluntary sector to be widened.

What happened? Well SAB didn't resign, MRA got its additional funding and the inquiry never went beyond the WCNE contract procurement and the smokescreen Labour attempted to waft in the way of the inquiry surrounding Councillor Hargreaves.

The most sickening part of the article was the claim that MRA had to continue to receive funding to protect children's welfare.

Shameful.

steveL

Paul Beck's register of interests from June 2013

SAB's register of interests from September 2012 2013

Both appear as Trustees on the Manor Residents Return to the Charity Commission for 2012

....and just for good measure - Beck's resignation letter to Wilcox which Beck copied to Chief Solicitor, Peter Devlin. You can't resign from a position you never held.

Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

marky

OUCH!

It looks like Elvis is about to leave the building  ;D

mk1

I still think the key word in Beck's denial is the word 'legally'.

ashamedtobebritish

Beck either must have the worst case of Amnesia I have ever known or he has spent most of the year with his head up his @rse, or possibly someone else's that email looks clear cut that he resigned to keep his Conscience clear, you dont resign from something you are not involved with.

Which is why he should be nicknamed Pinocchio

I wonder who's pulling his strings on a day to day basis ?

fred c

[/quote]

Beck says...........

"I cannot afford any bad publicity against my name"

What planet is this fella living on..... "Bad Publicity"   WTF..... MRA.... Hart Gypsy Site.... absolute magnets for Bad Publicity....... typical  of a "Member of The Mob"..... me first, me second & me third.....He should be ashamed of himself

He also says....... "This is no way any reflection on the good work that you (Wilcox) & your team do at Manor Residents"

As to the MRA connection, even though he had become aware of the appalling circumstances surrounding Wilcox`s running of Manor Residents, he still "Could Not" offer any criticism of the way she behaved..................... He should be ashamed of himself.

Tommy

mk1, I don't think he could get away with the use of the word "legally" although Dave Stubbs and Peter Devlin will be looking to defend him to the hilt, it is wholly possible that Cllr Beck has more than intentionally mislead the public on this one, however the Mayor cannot be blamed for Cllr Becks dishonesty as he never said it, clever and cunning plan Stephen!

Here is yet another misleading c**k-up for the newspaper to report.

mk1

Quote from: Tommy on November 02, 2014, 03: PM
mk1, I don't think he could get away with the use of the word "legally"

It is if (for example) they were just assumed to be Trustees/On the Board when the paperwork for such was not filled in. I am not defending Beck but neither should we assume those we despise are complete morons. Stating a fact that could easily be disproved is not a wise move and  despite his many faults I do not think Beck is stupid.
All I say is take note of the actual words used and do not just see that which you expect to see.
I am reminded of the Clinton claim 'I did not have sexual relations  with that woman'

clav 73

He may be playing the game but I don't think so if he knew he wasn't on the board their would be no need to declare his interest and no need to resign the only thing I can presume is the paperwork confirming it has gone missing along with the money but more likely he's hasn't figured out the SCABS are getting ready to throw beck to the wolves