Contemptible Beck

Started by craig finton, October 30, 2014, 08: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mk1

Quote from: Alnwickist on October 31, 2014, 01: PM
combine the comment from SteveL with the video of Beck making his statement, open and shut case for him to go now.

I can see a man who lied about the Gypsy meeting falling on his sword when caught out in another lie!
Retribution is coming down the line. It may have taken a while but the engine is fired and is starting to roll down the line. By my reckoning the trial should be before the May elections.  Angie is not one to go down without blaming everyone else so handsome Steve is in for a really rough time. Notice how he has ducked out of the firework display this year. He is so terrified of being booed again he did the usual. Just like he  cancelled his parade, just like when he ran away from MRA. The man has no backbone and  flees in terror at the merest hint of any criticism. Get used to it because a sh*itload is coming your way.

mk1

Soon be your turn Paul

fred c

Quote from: steveL on October 31, 2014, 11: AM
"I can confirm that Mr Stephen Akers-Belcher and Mr Paul Beck both appear as trustees on the 31st March 2012 Annual Return form."
Charity Commission July 11th, 2013

The above statement from the Charity Commision is amplified by the words of Clr Beck himself in an article in the Hartlepool Mail.

"Coun Beck, a Hart Ward councillor, said: "Following recent events and after a great deal of thought I have made the decision to resign my position of board member of Manor Residents' Association"

I couldn`t attend the council meeting on Thursday 29/10/4 so i didn`t hear Clr Becks denial of his Trusteeship of MRA.... If he did openly make that statement he has in effect "Lied To Council" & as such should be reported to the Borough Solicitor.

Its an oft mentioned truism........ to be a good liar, you need to have a good memory.... Its now all to obvious that members of "The TorLab Mob" appear to be suffering from "Memory Loss"

steveL

To what end, Fred? When you've reached the point when the Chief Executive won't even comment on one councillor threatening another then we don't have a properly functioning council anymore.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

admin

http://youtu.be/gd5p3YlhlBE

Councillor Beck's statement:

http://youtu.be/kfDr1wNNIEY

"Thank You Chair. Chair, I would just like to say in reply to Councillor Thompson, er..myself and Stephen Akers-Belcher were not legally Trustees of that organisation and for my part I have never ever been interviewed by the Police nor any ruling body whatsoever and I've done absolutely nothing wrong. My conscience is perfectly clear. Thank You.".

The Charity Commission e-mail clearly stating that Paul Beck was a Trustee.

mk1

The camera is very good but I think a decent directional mike is a needed.

mk1

Given the way smarmy Beck answered I think they are going to claim that whilst they were down on paper as Trustees they never filled out the paperwork properly and thus were not correctly registered as such. Given the ramshackle way the place was run it is entirely possible. It des not absolve SAB and Beck though. They believed they were trustees and thus failed in a spectacular fashion.
Beck is another spineless jellyfish who knows he is out in May so jumps ship so as to  avoid the humiliation of coming bottom of the polls.

marky

I think you're missing the point made by someone else mk1. Beck is claiming he was never a trustee. If that's the case then what exactly was he resigning from last July as that pic you posted shows perfectly. The charity commission had them registered as trustees, they thought they were trustees (enough to have to resign) and it's only now when people start talking responsibilities and liabilities that they're trying to deny it. It's sickening.

mk1

Quote from: marky on October 31, 2014, 06: PM
I think you're missing the point made by someone else mk1. Beck is claiming he was never a trustee.

Time will tell. I think they are going to try and evade responsibility on a technical point.

steveL

I didn't think anyone was videoing the meeting; there's was no tripod in the corner as usual. So I think the quality is pretty good considering the circumstances. You have to remember that the whole thing isn't exactly being welcomed. I gather the guys have already been told off for panning and zooming (which isn't allowed I gather ::))

Anyway, people are doing it for good intentions and right now, I think Beck is rather wishing they hadn't  ;)
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Party Pooper

From were I am standing I think they all need to be voted out.
Not only is Clr Beck clearly telling lies but by his silence so is the mayor.
The mayor could have spoken up as chair and corrected Clr Beck, why didn't he.? ( rhetorical question)

I hope they are voted out of office and are brought to justice for their part in this.

fred c

Quote from: steveL on October 31, 2014, 03: PM
To what end, Fred? When you've reached the point when the Chief Executive won't even comment on one councillor threatening another then we don't have a properly functioning council anymore.

Your right Steve, there is hardly any point in adopting the correct approach to the local democratic process, our council is broken & unfortunately it will be extremely difficult to put it right.

Having said that, by following the proper procedures it shows up the faults that are endemic within our council even more, i have just watched the video of last nights meeting & was expecting to hear from our elected officers.... what i did hear was the Borough Solicitor spending about 50% of the meeting explaining why we, the public can`t hear what our councilors have to say on the important issues that face the town at this time.

HBC is a complete laughing stock & the only way to fix it is to seek an independent inquiry into the way our council is run.

Can we, as members of the electorate expect that any such inquiry will be implemented any time soon ??????............. Of course not.

Only In Hartlepool & Only Under The Mob

steveL

He wasn't there. The question being put by Thompson was:

""Given the facts that:
1)   a recent story in the Hartlepool Mail this week that Lynda Gooding, a former employee of Manor Residents Association who is owed thousands of pounds, has decided to leave Hartlepool, a town that she once loved due to the effect and stress that the situation has had on her health
2)   now the manager of the said organisation being charged with conspiracy to steal, two counts of false accounting and three counts of fraud
3)   the Hartlepool Mail reporting that "an audit review carried out by Hartlepool Borough Council had led to officials making a referral to the police" therefore officers of this authority could be called as witnesses for the prosecution, the same council which you are chair of.
4)   You were a trustee of the organisation when these alleged incidents all took place, and charity law states that you share responsibility for any wrongdoing.
Have you given any further consideration to the motion debated at the Extraordinary meeting and therefore standing down? "

...but before it could be asked, Stephen Akers-Belcher, as Council Chair, did a runner claiming that it was a continuation of the question asked on the 13th. The Chair was handed over to that stalwart of impartiality, Carl Richardson, who started off by saying that he personally thought the question was 'out of order'. How's that for neutrality?

fred c

Are "Handsome Ste & Beck" going up the stairs or going down the stairs.... are they turning left or turning right.........

Just to get it straight in my own mind............

The Charity Commision say they were Trustees, The Mail say they were Trustees, they "Resign as Trustees" & Yet they seem to think they weren`t Trustees.

I wonder if the term "Ignorance is No Defence In Law" rings a bell anywhere within the civic.

for fawkes sake

I have to say that I find all of this astonishing but it does leave me baffled as to where we go from here. We have 'before our eyes', so to speak, an elected councillor quite brazenly lying through his teeth. There's nothing subtle about this. No real investigation has been necessary. I presume that Akers-Belcher was well aware of what Beck was about to say in which case it's a black and white case.

Both have been prepared to say absolutely anything to try and wriggle themselves off the hook. They are both totally devoid of any decency or morality. How many more such people are occupying the council chamber?
"Remember, remember the fifth of November.
Gunpowder, Treason and Plot.
I see no reason why Gunpowder Treason
Should ever be forgot."