Blocked

Started by testing times, October 21, 2014, 12: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mk1

Quote from: grim reaper on October 21, 2014, 10: AM

Wilcox had to go because she was under police investigation.

Wilcox left the party of her own volition. She was not sacked or expelled. Truth is she knew too much to be forced out. Given that she remained in charge of MRA it is plain to see a deal was done to buy her silence. Angie is not one to go down without blaming the others and her looming trial should be a very revealing exercise in blame-shifting.

ashamedtobebritish

Quote from: mk1 on October 21, 2014, 10: AM
Just a thought. Now Labour have fallen out with the Local Radio station how long before Cranney starts one up?

Cranney FM

I can see it now.

;D

Monkeys mate

I would have expected the borough solicitor to ask that this matter be kept until a later date due to a police investigation BUT WITH THAT AS HIS REASON. there is no shame in making a decision, just shame in hiding behind a reason that you won't share with the public. Surely he knows that there are serious concerns regarding the actions of our elected officials for many people in the town so to block a motion with no public explanation looks 'strange'. There is no scrutiny or  transparency

As for the ban on councillors using the allotted time on radio Hartlepool to discuss town issues perhaps that slot can now be used by us poor voters to discuss 'issues' in the town. Maybe topical political issues????? Obviously our councillors have a right to reply - oh yes, they are not allowed to do so because an unelected official is telling the democratically elected officials who they can speak to. 

As they said in the Hartlepool Mail a few years ago (and well before Mr Drummond was elected)- years ago we used to hang monkeys in this town, now we just vote for them

christine blakey

And remember that the usual excuse when an Officer is asked to do something about a concern with a councillor is: HBC cannot control what that Councillor does/says. 

Then the Councillors are ordered into this?

Shows double standards, and possibly bribery and corruption.

Do they know that to give false, misleading or inaccurate information is a criminal offence when it means that the culprits could be destroying the evidence and planning to pervert the course of justice?

That also goes for the statement from Dave Stubbs, what did he mean by the relationship with Newcastle City Council is as good as ever?

I would not think that Newcastle City Council would be happy to be accused of sacking a whistle blower as that is accusing their HR dept at the very least of a criminal offence.  It is against the law to do so.

These things should not be dragged out.  Do the right thing and suspend those under any suspicion so others do not get tarred.

grim reaper

She 'had to go'.
How can you transpose that to;     'she was not sacked or expelled'?
'A deal was done to buy her silence'.
Ergo...SHE HAD TO GO!   
DOH.

one direction

If I'd had a very good run, lavished £1,000s n my family holidays, cars and homes and then walked away with £600,000 you can be sure I'd be keeping quiet about it too.

mk1

Quote from: grim reaper on October 21, 2014, 07: PM
She 'had to go'.
How can you transpose that to;  'she was not sacked or expelled'?

Very easily. She was not sacked. Therefore claiming she was is being "economical with the actualité"

Lord Elpus

SAB, Richardson and Wells all deny any wrong doing (see Hartlepool Mail today).

Do these three nincompoops not realise there are recordings of their comments to Jason.

As Russell Hart said, 'it only the lies that will find you out'.

mk1

The photo used by the Mail today  shows they really are out to get him. They have loads of stock images of the man but they decided to use a new one that makes him look  very shifty.  That will teach him to tell people not to buy the Mail!

http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/health/local-health/obesity-campaign-plan-for-hartlepool-as-a-third-of-young-people-are-overweight-1-6909273

steveL

Odd that Devlin's reasoning for blocking this debate doesn't seem to extend to the three councillors who are still apparently enjoying free rein to deny any wrong-doing through the pages of the Hartlepool Mail leaving the public with a one-sided view from councillors.

Devlin's excuses reasons for not allowing the debate have the whiff of him being set a homework task i.e. 'Compile a list of possible reasons which could be used to block another awkward motion been put to a meeting of the full council for debate."

Give him his due, he would probably get an A+ for his answer.

Just as well he's not doing Democratic Studies or he'd be staring an E- in the face.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.