Blocked

Started by testing times, October 21, 2014, 12: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

testing times

Well I've heard (read) it all now. What on earth is happening to Hartlepool Council?

http://www.hartlepoolpost.co.uk/

marky

This just doesn't work for me. If Stubbsy has stopped council officers appearing on Radio Hartlepool because he thinks its inappropriate when police investigations are going on then how can he block councillors suggesting the same thing might be the case for the three councillors? Can't have it both ways.

steveL

I'm told that some councillors, presumably the three councillors concerned, have asked for a 'period of grace'.

Go figure....
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

christine blakey

Bet Stephen is wishing he had read the papers and evidence I provided regarding inappropriate conduct at the station, in his capacity as a whistle blower, it would have come in handy right now.

This is not the first time councillors have been stopped from going near Radio Hartlepool.  It may be that the Council are now going to do the right thing and do something about the behaviour off air as well as on the phone.

After all, Jason has done the very same thing as he is accusing these three Councillors of.

They are as bad as each other.

I would maybe consider investing in a new Board of Trustees/Staffing for the CHARITY COMMUNITY radio station to save such an asset to the town.  Who are the Board these days?

Or consider an up and coming alternative I have just found out about http://www.schoolradio.com/users/21/player

The Council know about it, and I think they are supporting them.  They are very new but some excellent ideas which might help a lot of kids as well as bring a well needed community radio station which is politically neutral to Hartlepool. 

ashamedtobebritish

Peter Devlin wants reporting to the Solicitors Regulation Authority and "struck off"

A Chief Solicitor who blocks democracy at every angle and hides the criminal activities of the council

Solicitors are more bent than the vilains.

www.sra.org.uk/
The Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA) regulates solicitors in England and Wales

Lord Elpus

I'm sure many would understand Senior Officers trying to defend the 'good name' of the Council. 

The trouble is they are now confusing that role with defending the 'good name' of a few senior Councillors who ironically are the ones who are ruining the reputation of HBC.

I understand there has been a call from some Councillors for a ceasefire and an end to hostilities.  My answer to that request would involved sex and travel.

clav 73

Something is very wrong here how the hell can Devlin block it

fred c

Quote from: clav 73 on October 21, 2014, 07: AM
Something is very wrong here how the hell can Devlin block it

Is it because a police enquiry is taking place ? there can be complications in some. cases if informatikn relevant to an police enquiry enters thd public domain..........as with the Wilcox & MRA issue.

But this further "Motion" has obviously rattled The TorLab Mob.......theserious soap &bubble.........

Tgere are other serious  reason for further proposed motions that they might not be able to sidestep quite so easily.

Theres still over a week for proposals & public questions to be put forward........

There's a log of A**e Twitching taking place in the mayors parlour.........no pun intended

one direction

I think it depends on how you see the role. Is Devlin there to protect the council or protect the public? Same as councillors, who are they there to represent?  The public? Their voters? Their party? Themselves? or once tbey becone councillors do they represent the council above everything else?  So who or what is Devlin's first priority? Himself would be most logical asthats what most people would put first. In which case ask yourself who controls Devlin's career prospects? 

steveL

There's something not quite right here.

If it's true that some councillors have asked for 'a period of grace' and that is the reason Devlin has blocked the motion then there is nothing to stop Devlin stating that is the reason. Something along the lines of "I think everyone could do with a short cooling off period". Likewise, if the current police investigations are the reason then why not say so, "It would be inappropriate to discuss this matter while Police investigations are going on." etc. etc.

Instead Devlin is telling people that they are "legally prohibited from sharing his reasons but that he will speak to a member of the public if they are concerned".

So get calling. The Civic's number is: (01429) 266522
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

christine blakey

Given that the council have to see questions in advance you could maybe put a list of questions on here for people to choose from as only one per person.

an email or letter should also highlight the issues.  Given the number of hits this site gets it would be enough to let councillors know the residents are not satisfied with silence.

Lord Elpus

the final sentiments of this clip seems to apply;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhWlAKdlQp4

mk1

The Party is at a low ebb. THis constant attacks have sapped the will to live. Everything  has become a fight and they  lack the motivation to constantly defend the SCABs. Their days are numbered.
It takes a very special politician to alienate both the local newspaper and the local Radio Station at the same time.
There is a rather cryptic readers comment in the Mail website that  gives a clue as to the way the SCAB bunker operates:

Did anyone wonder why the Hartlepool Mail started reporting on the SCABS, the Hartlepool Mail sat on the Hartlepool radio story for one reason, they were being held to the same ransom. Only the Mail did not have the guts.

This all came about because The Dear leader(s) felt unloved. The 'cunning plan' to stifle all criticism in the local media was to  cajole, bully and  a last resort sanction (withdrawal of grants and advertising revenue) anyone who did not toe (mildly amusing word play) the SCAB line.They were sure that no one would dare stand up to them but  forgot Jason was just as slippery as they are-and had an IQ larger than their combined total. The biter was bit and  the situation is now  10 times worse.

grim reaper

So if you ring Devlin he will explain his reasons for the refusal.
However, he can't make his reasons 'public'.
What a strange dichotomy.  ???
Like other 'senior' officers in HBC, he knows which side his bread is buttered.

Wilcox had to go because she was under police investigation.
Serious financial probity charges have been made against the mayor and 2 Cllrs and they are under police investigation.
HELLO...what is the difference?  ??? :o
It really is time for an outside police force to be brought in to investigate the investigation into the whole of HBC dealings over the past 10 years.  >:(

How ANYONE can believe in and vote Labour in this town after the many scandals, especially the treatment of poor Lynda, is beyond me.
They say the Tory party is the 'Nasty' party, you couldn't get any more nasty than this shower of bile.  >:(  >:(

mk1

Just a thought. Now Labour have fallen out with the Local Radio station how long before Cranney starts one up?