Congratulations UKIP

Started by steveL, May 07, 2014, 09: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mk1

Quote from: Mican on May 07, 2014, 07: PM
As for being called a "petty minded point-scoring amateur" by someone who doesn't know me, words fail me, I was going to call you a self centred p**** but it may be more appropriate if I simply added m**r*n after Mk1.

It is obvious you have a feather up your ar*se. Keep posting  the vitriol because it dilutes your message and does not bother me in the slightest. I have been insulted/threatened many times. Sometimes by people who were in a position to actually  do something about it!

Quote from: Mican on May 07, 2014, 07: PM
Fancy someone checking what time other people use the site, how sad is that.  Perhaps you should get yourself some Jackanory books to read to help you pass the time.

Yep caught you out there. You claim a message was posted here at 10.00am and by 14.00 you have found adverse voter reaction to it?
I say you made it up.

Mican

Quote from: mk1 on May 07, 2014, 08: PM

Yep caught you out there. You claim a message was posted here at 10.00am and by 14.00 you have found adverse voter reaction to it?
I say you made it up.

Please, please "O exalted one where did I claim "A message was posted here at 10.00" just for the sake of my sanity.

mk1

Quote from: Mican on May 07, 2014, 08: PM

Please, please "O exalted one where did I claim "A message was posted here at 10.00" just for the sake of my sanity.

Please please read more carefully before trying to be clever.

I said that your claim (that is you are saying)a message was posted here at 10.00 (that is the message posted at 09:51) and by 14:00 (that being a deduction on my part based on the time of the message you posted, at 12:45 PM so I was not 100% correct. That bit is wrong)   you have found adverse voter reaction to it?

So you get a reaction of 3(?) lost votes in less that 3 hours without even looking?

Mican

Quote from: mk1 on May 07, 2014, 08: PM
Quote from: Mican on May 07, 2014, 08: PM

Please please read more carefully before trying to be clever.

I said that your claim (that is you are saying)a message was posted here at 10.00 (that is the message posted at 09:51) and by 14:00 (that being a deduction on my part based on the time of the message you posted, at 12:45 PM so I was not 100% correct. That bit is wrong)   you have found adverse voter reaction to it?

So you get a reaction of 3(?) lost votes in less that 3 hours without even looking?

Got you now, but sadly you are wrong, it was not only this post but previous posts, especially the one about the UKIP candidate and the video which has turned these people off PHF, as I said in my posts on this one people see things a different way.

DRiddle

QuoteGrim Reaper , you must have read the postings of DRiddle and Steve.L  attacking U.K.I.P. at every opportunity. Surely they are good enough reason why U.K.I.P. would reject any kind of agreement with P.H.F.

Mr Wilson, you made a massive mistake which will be highlighted by what happens in Manor House.

Your eagerness to use the local elections as a vehicle to get the UKIP name in people's minds for the European election vote may well work. But in terms of helping Hartlepool at local level, all you'll achieve is playing into the hands of Labour. We tell you this every year and every year you ignore us.

This year our point will be proven by what happens in Manor House.

steveL

Didn't Farage admit to Andrew Marr on Sunday that 5 of the 7 UKIP MEPS elected last time have since been forced to resign for various reasons from verbal clangers to fiddling their expenses. There's a limit to how long Farage can keep saying 'mistakes were made but we've now tightened up our selection procedures'.

The trouble with UKIP is that their minds are closed. Any criticism, even constructive criticism, is taken as a personal attack and they go all defensive.

It's perfectly clear to me, for example, that the selection of Broughton was a mistake showing once again how sloppy UKIP are on who they let through the door. Whether they like it or not, that video makes Broughton a liability. If UKIP had any sense then they would realise that they have the time before the 2015 General Election to dump Broughton and find a replacement but they won't because they are not politically savvy enough to know that having a candidate without such baggage is better than having one with it.

No one is going to elect a Tory in Hartlepool, PHF aren't interested in Westminster and so only UKIP can cause an upset and get rid of Wrighty. However, they have more or less guaranteed that it won't now happen because their minds automatically close and they reach for their spears whenever they're opinions or actions are questioned.

It's perfectly reasonable, for example, for me to question a statement like "Until we leave the European Union problems such as the bin collection issue cannot be resolved by local government" when the statement itself is utter nonsense.

The EU did not impose fortnightly bin collections on Hartlepool. The EU introduced Landfill Tax to encourage recycling - how that was implemented was entirely down to HBC and like a lot of other authorities HBC went for fortnightly bin collections.

But UKIP isn't keen on recycling, is it? It wants to dump everything in one bin and have that bin collected every week - sounds fine until someone realises that such a policy would more or less guarantee Seaton Meadows as a permanent feature.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: steveL on May 08, 2014, 12: AM

But UKIP isn't keen on recycling, is it? It wants to dump everything in one bin and have that bin collected every week - sounds fine until someone realises that such a policy would more or less guarantee Seaton Meadows as a permanent feature.
On the bin point we've got the worst of both worlds...landfill and those lovely artics heading into town with their loads of recylable goodies....All the way from Scotland now.
UKIP will only split the vote locally and the dear leaders will be able to order their Pyonyang statues.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

steveL

Quote from: Ryehill on May 07, 2014, 05: PM
            I really am disappointed in Steve.L I had the impression that he was a level headed, fair minded person. Unfortunately a number of his recent postings seem to point to the exact opposite. His criticism of U.K.I.P.'s leaflets are completely unfounded and untrue. . I have in front of me U.K.I.P. local election leaflets going back several years. The earliest leaflets do mention the E.U. because the public needed to know what the party stood for but it was not the entire content of the leaflet. U.K.I.P. quickly learnt that ' banging on about the E.U. ' was not going to win local elections.
           U.K.I.P. have used the  the same basic format for their leaflet for the past 3 elections. The first one being used a year before P.H.F. was formed. So instead of U.K.I.P. lifting P.H.F. policies from their web-site it seems that P.H.F. have copied the format of the U.K.I.P. leaflet. As they say Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.
           I think, Steve.L,  a retraction is required here.

Dream on. You might have used the same format (shows a lack of imagination if you ask me) but like Ronnie's leaflet, everything goes pear-shaped when you allow individual candidates the space to air their own xenophobic views.

Whether it's fortnightly bin collections, references to Bongo-Bongoland, telling Lenny Henry he should go and live in a 'Black Country' or fiddling their Euro-expenses the story remains basically the same.  UKIP isn't a political party - it's a Tribe - the last outpost of Neanderthal Man.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

grim reaper

Ryehill; I'm not trying to be antagonistic but I would have thought the Hartlepool Post would have been an ideal (FREE) vehicle to 'advertise' the UKIP candidate and his thoughts for Hart Ward.
Why wait for a leaflet? I've had Labour, Tory and PHF already but not UKIP.

I'm afraid normal logic must go out of the window and I will vote for ANYONE that is the most likely to rid us of the scourge of this town of ours.
Up to now, PHF has been the most omnipresent; Bob needs to speak up and soon!

admin

Past UKIP Leaflet

Ryehill

Thank you admin. That leaflet was from 2006. Typical Steve L. response. One minute he practically accuses U.K.I.P. of plagiarism and when he is caught out he then accuses them of lacking imagination. The reason we have used it again is because it is a good format . I should charge you a fee.
                   A question which needs to be asked, but won't be answered, is why didn't P.H.F. put a candidate in the Manor House ward against a Labour councillor who they have consistently insulted for the past 2 years. Surely not cowardice.

brassed off monkey

Quote from: Ryehill on May 08, 2014, 09: AM
A question which needs to be asked, but won't be answered, is why didn't P.H.F. put a candidate in the Manor House ward against a Labour councillor who they have consistently insulted for the past 2 years. Surely not cowardice.

I would have thought it was "Blindingly Obvious" UKIP have a free run at taking Manor House from Labour.

It`s about not splitting the vote, which is one of the ways that Hartlepool could benefit from the various opposition groups using there collective nous, but from the comments on here, some of them aren`t prepared to work with others to get rid of the present ruling group.

DRiddle

Bang on the money Brassed off monkey. MK1 highlighted on here a few weeks ago the power of tactical shortlists. The only time Labour have been given a bloody nose in recent years was when the other parties got their heads together. UKIP are too stubborn to do so. Either that or their 'campaign' is nothing more than a promotional vehicle for the EU elections.

Ryehill

You seem to be fixated about U.K.I.P. Did you approach the Conservatives or the Lib/Dems ?

DRiddle

The lib dems total vote across the 11 wards will be less than 600 in my opinion. I think you know fine WELL(s) there was little point in approaching the Tories.