Congratulations UKIP

Started by steveL, May 07, 2014, 09: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mican

The point I am trying to make is that social media can be very dangerous, I would have thought by now people would have realised this, if you look at the way that some UKIP members have been vilified for what they have written this could happen to  anyone.  What may seem like a tongue in cheek comment by some may be taken in a different way by someone looking at it from the outside.  Take for example one of PHF's senior members making comments about another candidates teeth, this may very well have been written as a bit of a joke, but what I can tell you is that the person who mentioned this particular post to me, took it in a completely different manner and as such has no intention now of voting PHF, sorry David, but if you were to lose this election by a couple of votes then it could be all down to some of the comments on this site, so as I said people need to be very careful what they say and how they phrase it, remember these are not spoken comments that may not be verified, but written comments for all to see.   

DRiddle

Not sure why my names been mentioned... I've never made any comments relating to anyone's physical appearance or facial characteristics.

Mican

Quote from: DRiddle on May 07, 2014, 02: PM
Not sure why my names been mentioned... I've never made any comments relating to anyone's physical appearance or facial characteristics.

Are you not the candidate for the Hart ward, this is where the votes have been lost. 

mk1

Quote from: Mican on May 07, 2014, 02: PM
The point I am trying to make is that social media can be very dangerous, I would have thought by now people would have realised this, if you look at the way that some UKIP members have been vilified for what they have written this could happen to  anyone.   

If that were true then given the amount of abuse heaped on Labour they will walk all the elections.
For someone constantly parroting 'I am not UKIP' you seem overly sensitive to any issue/criticism that portrays them in a negative light.
Within 4 hours of a comment appearing here you have managed to get out and find (entirely by chance and without any prompting?) a reaction?

If you walk like a duck and quack/If you cant stand the heat..............

DRiddle

Yes I am. But if people have decided not to vote for me, based on things which have been said by others, then there's not a great deal I can do about that, is there?

This is a local election as far as I'm concerned. The fact that it's on the same day as the EU matters not to me.

People will always have their views at national level in General Elections, as well as their views and voting patterns at European level. They're welcome to those.

My initiative is about LOCAL government, in so far as I think we have arguably the worst council in the country.

I think I can improve it, hence my involvement. If people don't want to vote for me because of my personal views at national and European level, then as I say, that's their prerogative.

The people I'm hoping vote for me are the ones who think i'll be the best councillor of the people up for election.

Again, this message could well be construed as me 'campaigning', so if so... published by Geoff Lilley (Agent) Putting Hartlepool First Party, 68 Fens Crescent, TS25 2QN. On behalf of David Riddle, Hart Ward Candidate, 1 Wansbeck Gardens, Hartlepool, TS26 9JQ.

Mican

Quote from: mk1 on May 07, 2014, 03: PM
Quote from: Mican on May 07, 2014, 02: PM
The point I am trying to make is that social media can be very dangerous, I would have thought by now people would have realised this, if you look at the way that some UKIP members have been vilified for what they have written this could happen to  anyone.   

If that were true then given the amount of abuse heaped on Labour they will walk all the elections.
For someone constantly parroting 'I am not UKIP' you seem overly sensitive to any issue/criticism that portrays them in a negative light.
Within 4 hours of a comment appearing here you have managed to get out and find (entirely by chance and without any prompting?) a reaction?

If you walk like a duck and quack/If you cant stand the heat..............

The reason I put "I am not UKIP" after I put something on the site is for the benefit of people like you who consider that anyone with a different opinion to yourself is racist, prejudice, little Englander etc. etc. etc. and other predictably boring crap, in one post you called me prejudice over something which had nothing to do with the thread, I am still trying to figure out what the hell you were on about.  Then I thought to myself with him being the Font of all knowledge and who's opinion is always right, why bother.   

Ryehill

I really am disappointed in Steve.L I had the impression that he was a level headed, fair minded person. Unfortunately a number of his recent postings seem to point to the exact opposite. His criticism of U.K.I.P.'s leaflets are completely unfounded and untrue. . I have in front of me U.K.I.P. local election leaflets going back several years. The earliest leaflets do mention the E.U. because the public needed to know what the party stood for but it was not the entire content of the leaflet. U.K.I.P. quickly learnt that ' banging on about the E.U. ' was not going to win local elections.
           U.K.I.P. have used the  the same basic format for their leaflet for the past 3 elections. The first one being used a year before P.H.F. was formed. So instead of U.K.I.P. lifting P.H.F. policies from their web-site it seems that P.H.F. have copied the format of the U.K.I.P. leaflet. As they say Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.
           I think, Steve.L,  a retraction is required here. 

DRiddle

QuoteDavid,
I presume your catty little remark was in reference to Ronnie Whitlock's piece in the Mail's ward by ward election feature (De Bruce Ward)?

You presume wrong Mr Pascoe. The link I was referring to was to www.aryanunity.com

Well, specifically what I was sent from an anonymous e-mailer was the instructions.... 'Put the words ' www.aryanunity.com and 'Eddy Morrison' into google and hit search.

In the words of your friend Mr Wilson, "I think a retraction is required here".... wouldn't you agree?  ;)

mk1

Quote from: Mican on May 07, 2014, 03: PM

The reason I put "I am not UKIP" after I put something on the site is for the benefit of people like you who................

Stop.
I have heard enough. I now realise you are a petty minded point-scoring  amateur who wants to spend all his time attacking another party instead of keeping his fecking mouth shut until after the result. 
As a truly disinterested outsider I can not understand why PHF and UKIP did not agree to  give each other a free run at the sitting councillors in designated wards. Spare me the speeches about political dogma because those 'principles' are what makes  victory unlikely. Its like watching  2 drowning men fighting to the death over a passing lifeboat that is more than able to carry  them both.
Stupid, stupid, stupid.

DRiddle

Discussions to that effect have to be two way though MK1.

grim reaper

I really am between a rock and a hard place.  :-\  :-\   :-\
The bottom line is, like most people in this town, I want the scabs and their Tory cabal OUT.  >:(   >:(
I keep switching between UKIP and HTH for my Hart Ward.
It is obvious HTH have their DRiddle but who is the UKIP person?
He must know about this site so why isn't he on here, letting us all know his thoughts on the running of the town? (Or is he and I haven't realised?).

It is a shame, in some respects, that the two parties couldn't come to a satisfactory agreement to ensure Labour are banished from the town.  :)

Look at Iain Wright banging on about ambulances. If HIS government hadn't started the ball rolling we would still have our A & E and the ambulances would have been able to cope with the volume of patients, as they did for years.  >:(

UKIP/HTH-----UKIP/HTH-----UKIP/HTH??? 

Bloody hell, what a teaser.  :-\

Lord Elpus

Quote from: Lord Elpus on May 07, 2014, 09: AM
Pascoe must be either drinking frog juice or his leaflet photo is 25 years out of date, it shows him with a full set of front teeth (clean) and he's sporting a head of dark hair.

For clarity the point I was making;  Is a candidate being honest with the electorate when he uses a personal photo which was clearly taken 20 years ago.  In my view he isn't.

The photo is not just a couple of years out of date, its decades. 

Ryehill

Grim Reaper , you must have read the postings of DRiddle and Steve.L  attacking U.K.I.P. at every opportunity. Surely they are good enough reason why U.K.I.P. would reject any kind of agreement with P.H.F.
  U.K.I.P's candidate in the Hart Ward is Bob Addison . He has lived in the ward for 30 years and fought the last local election as an Independent candidate . His leaflet will be coming to you in the very near future. Thank you for considering to vote U.K.I.P.

Mican

Quote from: mk1 on May 07, 2014, 05: PM
Quote from: Mican on May 07, 2014, 03: PM

The reason I put "I am not UKIP" after I put something on the site is for the benefit of people like you who................

Stop.
I have heard enough. I now realise you are a petty minded point-scoring  amateur who wants to spend all his time attacking another party instead of keeping his fecking mouth shut until after the result. 

I'm back "O" exalted one and it's more than 4hours or did you check that already,  at no time have I attacked any party, the reasons for my posts were to try and offer a little advice but it seems I failed miserably, they have been taken out of context by some, which is their want, and as a personal attack, for some reason or other, by others, well I have to say I'm sorry I bothered. 

As for being called a "petty minded point-scoring amateur" by someone who doesn't know me, words fail me, I was going to call you a self centred p**** but it may be more appropriate if I simply added m*r*n after Mk1.

Fancy someone checking what time other people use the site, how sad is that.  Perhaps you should get yourself some Jackanory books to read to help you pass the time.

mk1

Quote from: Ryehill on May 07, 2014, 07: PM
  . Surely they are good enough reason why U.K.I.P. would reject any kind of agreement with P.H.F.

No they are not.

Let me ask a direct question Are you against a deal with  PHF under any circumstances?

I am getting all my ducks in a row because if this all goes pear-shaped then I will name  those who were offered and turned down a deal.
Thse political lightweights need to be exposed.