Congratulations UKIP

Started by steveL, May 07, 2014, 09: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveL

Congratulations UKIP and Dave Pascoe on managing to put together a whole leaflet without mentioning Europe or Muslims once - I always knew you could do it. ::)
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Lord Elpus

Pascoe must be either drinking frog juice or his leaflet photo is 25 years out of date, it shows him with a full set of front teeth (clean) and he's sporting a head of dark hair.

DRiddle

Anyone got a scan of it?.... I'm yet to receive a flyer from ANY party through my door. Dunno why...  ::)

steveL

Ah I remember dark hair.... just
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

steveL

The Great Dictator

He used that photo when he was in the Tory party 12 years ago.

steveL

That looks a bit unfortunate. 4 highlighted policies, one of which appears to be No A&E ?!!*

Pwilson

Glad he knows what people are angry about.

I suppose being from UKIP it will take him another 2 years to think about a way to tackle any of them.

Mican

Quote from: steveL on May 07, 2014, 10: AM
That looks a bit unfortunate. 4 highlighted policies, one of which appears to be No A&E ?!!*

Sorry Steve I don't quite understand your bit about "4 highlighted policies, one of which appears to be No A&E ?!!*"   when the leaflet says "Local issues"  and no I am not a member of UKIP.

Mican

One other little thing Steve, with your obvious dislike of UKIP and your comments about them, why the hell have you put their election leaflet on here, afraid to say you seem to have dropped one there and no I am not a UKIP member.   

steveL

This site has always allowed leaflets to be posted from any of the political parties. This one deserves a special mention because previous UKIP election leaflets have predictably ranted on about Europe and Immigration even though they were produced for local elections.

I'm pretty relaxed about it all, especially as having taken the hint and focussed more on local issues rather than the usual xenophobic diatribe, UKIP seem to have lifted most of their local policies from the PHF website.

I should really charge them a fee.

Mican

Further to my post above, this particular post was brought to my attention by someone from my apartment block who reads the posts but doesn't post himself, his point is why are PHF candidates able to use this site to try and ridicule other candidates, to the best of my knowledge you have lost yourselves 3 votes from people in my near vicinity over the things being said on here, so may I suggest you be careful what you put on here.

steveL

steveL

Looks like Ronnie didn't get the memo:

"RONNIE WHITLOCK (UKIP)

"The threatened closure of Hartlepool Hospital is putting the lives of us all in danger, it is an unforgivable act.

"This is a result of gross maladministration by the entire council – they must be held to account.

"Also, if elected I will push for a return to weekly bin collections.

"I know many of you wish to see the end of the fortnightly collection policy.

"It must, of course, be always remembered that we have this policy inflicted upon us because of the punitive fines structure of the EU Landfill Directive.

"I will ensure that voters are made aware of the connection.

"I will fight to see The Northern Lights Academy used to its full potential following the large investment in its creation.

"Until we leave the European Union problems such as the bin collection issue cannot be resolved by local government."
"

DRiddle

I've just been sent a very interesting link to a website... it's amazing where people's political opinions evolve from.