Straight Talking (new Labour leader)

Started by notinshadow, May 16, 2012, 03: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

notinshadow

Christopher Akers-Belcher the new Labour leader says "Fairness is such a huge priority for me" but never explained who the fairness was for them or us.

He also says "I believe the council should be the decision-making body that creates and supports communities so that they are sustainable, happier and healthier".

Does that mean get rid of the Mayor?

"I believe we need to address some of the basic inequalities in Hartlepool and change lives across our town."

Does that mean my council tax is going down?

http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/local/new-labour-leader-1-4546836

He says in the article  "the local authority has had to adapt, cutting its cloth to match "diminished resources while making sure Hartlepool prospers and continues to grow"

Does that mean he will order his Labour party to vote against the wage increase they all want?

dangerman

All window dressing put in the MAIL to. Look good. Feel good. and to do Nobody any good we're becoming as a town a laughing stock.

Getting publicity for all the wrong reasons, nothing changes but that's what we have and deserve by having a Labour controlled council & mayor.

The wage rise will come as will higher council tax this is just a smoke screen written for those who should know better, we've heard and seen it all before.

The Shadow

Quote"I believe the council should be the decision-making body that creates and supports communities so that they are sustainable, happier and healthier".
Typical bloody Labour man. It is NOT the job of the state or council to create communities. Keep out of our lives you pack of control freaks!

Straight Talking

Quote from: LookslikeTORYagain on May 16, 2012, 03: AM
Christopher Akers-Belcher the new Labour leader says "Fairness is such a huge priority for me" but never explained who the fairness was for them or us.

He also says "I believe the council should be the decision-making body that creates and supports communities so that they are sustainable, happier and healthier".

Does that mean get rid of the Mayor?

I think so, but you better ask him !

"I believe we need to address some of the basic inequalities in Hartlepool and change lives across our town."

Does that mean my council tax is going down?

Not necessarily, but do you believe that those children who live in poverty should be left in poverty? But why don't you ask him?
http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/local/new-labour-leader-1-4546836

He says in the article  "the local authority has had to adapt, cutting its cloth to match "diminished resources while making sure Hartlepool prospers and continues to grow"

Does that mean he will order his Labour party to vote against the wage increase they all want?
Leaders lead, they don't order anyone, I think ALL sides of the council will accept what the Independent Panel recommends, on other threads you have described this as "not exactly lining his pockets" ie. about £70 after tax and NI - so why the change of heart - but why don't you ask him?

You really should see a doctor, if these are your first thoughts on getting up in a morning, so much bile is not good for you.

brassed off monkey

" Leaders lead, they don't order anyone "

We didn`t see much leading on the Budget Vote, The CEO Payrise, The Tall Ships Overspend, The Reduction in Bus Services, The Transport Interchange, The Grot Spots, The 2 Dumps in Seaton, & the most important of all, The Hospital Closure.

But, Lead on Mc Bluff  ::) ::)

Stig of the Seaton Dump

Th Hartlepool Labour party are a bunch of greedy capitalists ...that is why Hartlepool Conservatives look up to them so much.
I don't believe it.

steveL

Quote: ". . . making sure Hartlepool prospers and continues to grow".

Labour's problem is that it now sees itself as little more than an extension of the social benefits system. The town has been economically depressed for half a century but rather than help steer the way out of that depression, Labour has concentrated almost entirely on managing the consequences of it. The result is that nothing much has changed: unemployment, deprivation, poverty and poor levels of health remain as high ever. At some point, you have to have the sense to stop handing out food packs and to start digging wells to water the crops instead.

So we will see yet more publicly funded neighbourhood schemes which produce negligible long-term benefit other than allowing yet more Labour councillors to skim off a nice living from overseeing them.

In a way, I'm glad to see CAB become Labour Leader and for HBC to now find itself effectively being run by a Polit Bureau of CAB, SAB Wilcox and of course, Mad Marge. It marks the end of the era when Labour at least pretended to represent all of the people of Hartlepool. I suspect that over the next few months, the wider public will at long last begin to see that the town will never reach its full potential under Labour and who better to demonstrate that than Christoper Akers-Belcher.   
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

The Great Dictator

CAB means he will reward the people who voted for Labour and exclude the working community altogether. The WHITE GOODS scheme in Owton Manor will extend to every council estate, criminal and unemployed person and the elite of society will miss out, but this is Hartlepool after all.

Where is the Chimp when needed ???

fred c

I don`t have a problem with the "Genuine" people who require help with the basics in everyday life, the problem in Hartlepool is that the C.I.C mentality has taken over from the real issues that face Hartlepool.

This is led in part by the number of Councillors who are employed in, or indeed have companies that are involved in this "Industry", not only that but nepotism & cronyism is endemic within some of theses organisations.

It it is obvious to many that it`s a case of I`ll rake in a good living out of this, whilst making a song & dance out of their own self satisfied delusions of "I`m a Volunteer" .

Just where the ratepayers of Hartlepool fit into this "Master Plan" is extremely debateable, in my opinion its a case of "Mind over Matter".....

The Labour Councillors "Don`t Mind".... and The Ratepayers "Don`t Matter"......

Stig of the Seaton Dump

You shouldn't be able to sit on a council while working for a company of any sort that takes payment from the council, no exceptions and that way there is no conflict of interest.

I don't believe it.

marky

Any news as to whether the other AB has been confirmed as Chairman? What with Mad Dog running Scrutiny, they seem to have things pretty well wrapped up. I suppose the other 17 have now been returned to pasture in Wensleydale.

not4me

With such people running the show this could well turn out to be Labour's Swan Song in Hartlepool. It's going to be fun to watch.

The Great Dictator

Yes he is chair, this is where things will go tit* up for him..

for fawkes sake

If so, I bet they don't make it out of Owton Manor still with all of their cameras  ;)
"Remember, remember the fifth of November.
Gunpowder, Treason and Plot.
I see no reason why Gunpowder Treason
Should ever be forgot."

notenoughsaid

This is addressed to the "oldies"   i.e. Gracie Field fans.   "Things are so bad in Hartlepool the people in Glochamara are ringing up to see how things are!!!!   Makes you think.