Putting Hartlepool First 'Ferris wheel' advert in The Hartlepool Mail today

Started by DRiddle, March 28, 2014, 08: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DRiddle

If i've got my dates right, today is the day the PHF 'Ferris wheel' advert appears as a full page advert in The Mail.

If you follow PHF on facebook you will already have seen the advert. You will however notice one change to the version in The Mail which was insisted upon by their editorial team.

We were made to change the words 'hospital closure' to 'proposed hospital closure'.... so in that respect it's seems that our hospital is in fact 'open for business'.

whatabouthisthen

Why don't you post it on here in the political parties section? I don't do Facebook nor do I buy the Mail.

DRiddle

i tried, the PDF is too big. Is there an admin e-mail address I can send it to?

Jamescampbell78

ADMIN: Please refer to the last post on the locked topic. You have now been placed on pre-mod.

Jamescampbell78

Thanks David,

Appreciate you might not have made a decision on some of them but initial ones:

What wards are PHF candidates standing in?

What change can we expect a PHF candidate to make to their ward?

How will PHF challenge and drive change within the decision making at HBC?

Will PHF provide and effective and public challenge to this towns MP and make it difficult for him to continue with his current poor performance?

Do you or any of the PHF candidates see a way of dealing with the political bias/lack of challenge offered by the Hartlepool Mail?

Will ALL PHF candidates act in an honest and transparent manner, answering direct questions concisely, even if the answer is "I don't know"?

Hopefully this might generate a bit of meaningful debate around PHF.

HarryBlackwood

Genuine question. What is pre-mod?

Another genuine question: what parameters are used to decide who goes on pre-mod?

Thanks.

DRiddle

being put on pre-mod means your messages initially go to admin, then if they deem them appropriate they publish them. If they don't, they stay hidden.

It's done for people who continually breach the rules of the forum.

DRiddle

mk1

Quote from: HarryBlackwood on March 28, 2014, 04: PM
Riddler. I actually wanted a reply from the admins. Or have you taken over that as well?

The you should have made it  clear by naming the individual you wanted to answer. This is a public forum and unless otherwise indicated a question is deemed to be addressed to all members.
If you really wanted to know what pre-mod meant you could ask your Mr Man.

Pwilson

I'm really not convinced the ferris wheel advert is the right way to spend money on a public campaign.

Just under 2 months from the election, in a paper with tiny circulation that is carrying free messages of 'look how good we are' from the ruling party.

It amounts to a we aren't them so we are better argument, but so many of those who actually vote and read the paper don't draw links between their nice local councillor and nasty politicians.

Lucy Lass-Tick

I find the advert rather thought provoking.  The amount of oleaginous pro-labour spiel coming from the Mail deserves counterbalance and as the second largest party PHF'S raised profile is (to my mind) a breath of fresh air. 

mk1

Usual moronic reply from Michael Kenny.

Here it is again so others can see how  'moronic' it was

Quote from: mk1 on March 28, 2014, 04: PM

The you should have made it  clear by naming the individual you wanted to answer. This is a public forum and unless otherwise indicated a question is deemed to be addressed to all members.
If you really wanted to know what pre-mod meant you could ask your Mr Man.

Let others be the judge

I just assumed that the person who administered the site would respond. You know the one who took the decision about James

The person who locked the thread is not the one who pre-modded James.
I would bet the reason for this action would be because he continued with the exact same actions that got the  original thread locked. This was (part of) the warning:

This thread in now locked and if similar threads/posts appear they will be deleted

Now I know you like to contradict everything I say so struggle with this:
The sky is blue and the grass is green.

The Great Dictator

Don't provoke him MK1, you know he thinks everything is black and white. :o

HarryBlackwood

I think a lot of things but I KNOW you have a swimming pool and a £500 Rolls Royce.

Lucy Lass-Tick