Dumbos cabinet.

Started by The Great Dictator, May 10, 2012, 01: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Great Dictator

Will PHF be providing Drummond with cabinet members this year ?

The Shadow

The question should be "will Drummond supply PHF with a cabinet position this year?"

I believe the answer will be NO

The Great Dictator

......and would they accept ?

I'm told Labour will refuse seats ?

steveL

is there any point in Labour having Cabinet positions when they have to defer every decision to Mad Marj?
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Vincent

Typical - these people have been voted in to serve the people of Hartlepool, all of them should put up thier hands to go on/in the cabinet and do thier duty

The Shadow

The three original HF cllrs cosied up very nicely to Drummond prior to the election, some might say it was in hope they'd be rewarded later with a cabinet position or two.

I don't think Drummond will go for it though (my personal opinion) and he'll invite many of his previous Labour cabinet members back along with Hill and possibly a tory for good measure.

Time will tell I guess.

steveL

I'd say they were simply disgusted by the way they walked away from their own budget; the one that they's been working on and agreed after 9 months.

I gather Drummond has e-mailed all Councillors asking if they'd be interested in serving on the Cabinet thereby avoiding asking people who go on to refuse. He will then form his Cabinet from people he knows will accept if offered.

Quite a smart move, for him and it thwarts A_B from sending his pre-prepared e-mail to the Mail.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

The Great Dictator

I notice he's cosying up to the cuckoo as well as a fall back position.

I disagree with Vincent, no councillor should feel obliged to serve on his cabinet, they didn't stand for election
for that reason, i would tell him to kindly fuc* *ff.

If everyone refuses he's automatically redundant, that'll save £100,000 on a referendum in November.  >:(

steveL

. . . and what about the majority of people who voted to have an elected Mayor; not to mention the people who voted for the man himself?

As it stands, like it or not, the man has a democratic mandate and you can't simply brush that aside because you personally don't like the man or disagree with the idea.

The Shadow

Quote from: steveL on May 10, 2012, 10: AM
. . . and what about the majority of people who voted to have an elected Mayor; not to mention the people who voted for the man himself?

As it stands, like it or not, the man has a democratic mandate and you can't simply brush that aside because you personally don't like the man or disagree with the idea.

This

The Great Dictator

They can do what they want, it's a loophole in the legislation.
The councillors will decide what to do not the dumb fu*kers who put him there.
He's a lame duck without council support.

Vincent

It should be made public knowledge of who refused to go on the cabinet, to me its a dereliction of duty.
If you stand for election you should be prepared to put in the hours not just to turn up when you feel like it and rubber stamp other peoples work.

Donkey Kong

Quote from: Vincent on May 10, 2012, 12: PM
It should be made public knowledge of who refused to go on the cabinet, to me its a dereliction of duty.
If you stand for election you should be prepared to put in the hours not just to turn up when you feel like it and rubber stamp other peoples work.

That sounds reasonable to me.

marky

Maybe Madge will not e-mail him back and just spit in his face as usual - it's more efficient, gets the message across and is more environmentally friendly (well, unless you're standing too close, that is)

notinshadow

Funny you should say that, after her performance the other week I was told she spat in G.R. face back in 2001 ish for some reason..

Is this true and if so why?