Employment

Started by DRiddle, September 30, 2013, 11: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DRiddle

It looks like we won't be needing any bins if the content expected in Giddeon's speach is true...

Interesting times ahead.

mk1

Quote from: DRiddle on September 30, 2013, 11: AM
It looks like we won't be needing any bins if the content expected in Giddeon's speach is true...

Interesting times ahead.

Yes lots of lovely well paid jobs for the  middle class as they herd the  lower orders about in order to sate public opinion. A huge and expensive  machine will be created where as usual the haves get even more by kicking the have nots. Middle Class welfare-the life-blood of the country!

fred c

Off Topic... but wtf

Hundreds of Millions of pounds have been given to "Get back To Work Companies" like A4e... & they all have appalling records of finding people employment with ratios of 1 in 6 & worse..... it obviously hasn`t worked.

So Georgie Boy has come up with a new one...... get people on benefits to do the work for nothing............ I wonder has he been getting lessons from Wilcox ?

There are a percentage of no goods who do milk the benefits system, but from the kids & young men i have met on the various "Training Courses" i have had to attend  the majority are desperate for work.....

If you want an example look no further than the people that are employed at MRA, for people who will work not matter what the circumstances....

This is the thin end of the wedge, batter the lowest social class, then move up the scale to the next level of the population, in the mean time..... keep the highest 5% of the population sweet & carry on regardless.

mk1

Quote from: fred c on September 30, 2013, 05: PM
keep the highest 5% of the population sweet & carry on regardless.

Indeed. At the very moment they are planning to hit those with 80 quid a week coming in they are in court trying to help the people who got us into this mess keep their multi-Million pound bonuses.

SRMoore

Quote from: fred c on September 30, 2013, 05: PM
So Georgie Boy has come up with a new one...... get people on benefits to do the work for nothing............ I wonder has he been getting lessons from Wilcox ?

I'm sorry, Fred but they aren't getting people to "do work for nothing". The long-term unemployed will be required to do community work, such as picking up litter or cleaning graffiti, in return for their benefits. He said that people who had been unemployed for more than three years would have to work for their dole, attend jobcentres daily to search for employment or accept help for underlying problems such as illiteracy or drug dependency.

All sounds good and fair to me.

mk1

Quote from: SRMoore on September 30, 2013, 06: PM

All sounds good and fair to me.

You ignore the core of the problem. There are not enough jobs to eliminate unemployment.
That means that you will never be able to get everyone a job and the main aim of the initiative is political.
Having suffered under the control of these  'employment advisors' I know exactly how it works. The paperwork is 90% forged. No one cares about anything except meeting targets. They are set a number of people they have to get into employment and a number they have to sanction (stop their benefits) and this means nothing else matters but meeting those targets.
Can you tell me what happens when the end of the month is coming and you are 5 people short of your sanctioning target and you have no slackers too hand ?
What you do is trawl through the conditions to find out who has broken them and pick on them. Targets, targets targets...........nothing else matters.
One of these firms has just had several of its staff charged with fraud and we hear little now of that woman who was the darling of the Tory Party a year or two back. The one who made several million quid personally whilst not improving the job prospects or  reducing unemployment. Remind me Shane.

The aim is to be seen 'doing something' and it works by 'churning'
You have a pool of (say) 10,000 vacancies. These are the jobs no sane person would touch with a barge pole. You cycle 100,000 people through the system by forcing them to take a position there. They never last and most leave within a short time. Thus you get to cycle another 10,000 people through the same jobs. Rinse and repeat several times.
You then  claim you have got 100,000 people into employment and collect lots of lovely money for your deception. Result!!!!!!

Sorry Shane but I see it as just another scheme where unemployed middle class people are provided with very well paid jobs.  No one cares about the unemployed except for what it can get them.

Tellingly the Tories are at present trying to strike down the EU initiative that limits Bankers Bonuses.
The real Tory Party. Sanctions for the poor and rewards without limit for the rich.

SRMoore

Sorry MK1 I disagree entirely. Unless through disability or illness there is no reason why anybody should be out of work for 3+ years. You can make excuses for them all you want but ultimately excuses are like ar*eh*les, we all have one.

You pick faults with the system and rubbish any attempt to try and solve at least some of the underlying issues keeping some people out of work but at least they are doing something. This is the first government in decades that are actively seeking solutions rather than throwing the long-term unemployed on the scrap heap to live a life on handouts.

I fully support this policy and it is something most people have been saying should be happening for years.

Lucy Lass-Tick

Wouldn't it be wiser to look at giving these people some real, serious skills training, rather than 'community service' style activities?

DRiddle

I think whatever your views are on the respective 'two main parties' conferences in recent weeks, at least one thing is sure.

We SEEM to be seeing a bit of general polarisation in terms of good old fashioned 'left v right'. Probably for the first time since the early 90's it's actually possible to distinguish between the two main parties.

Granted it's on relatively minor issues, and on the 'beef' they'll be a consensus regardless of who's in power (such as privatising the NHS, scaling down the welfare state at all levels, major changes in pension reform etc).

But, at least in the eyes of people's general political persuasion, there's a difference of sorts.

Except in Hartlepool of course. Where the leader of the Tories supports off setting the 'bedroom tax' from the local public purse, gypsy camps in rural villages and the destruction of Victorian architecture.

That said, I think we all know Hartlepool is pretty 'unique' politically.

mk1

Sorry MK1 I disagree entirely. Unless through disability or illness there is no reason why anybody should be out of work for 3+ years. You can make excuses for them all you want but ultimately excuses are like ar*eh*les, we all have one.

Address this problem.
Figures made up but the point is obvious.

2 Million unemployed.

1 million vacancies.

How do you get everyone off the dole?

This is a political move designed to be seen to be  doing something rather than intended to reduce unemployment.
It is not about reducing unemployment but a system for targeting those 'you' feel don't deserve any help.
Why not come out and say it instead or pretending otherwise.

By the way I used to work at a place that gave several places up to people who  (to put it mildly) were incapable of any meaningful work. They  had many issues that prevented them living a normal life. Whilst they were 'employed' they never did any useful work. In some cases they were a danger to themselves and to others.
There are some who simply are unemployable. What do you intend to do with them?
Leave them to starve?

mk1

Quote from: Lucy Lass-Tick on September 30, 2013, 07: PM
Wouldn't it be wiser to look at giving these people some real, serious skills training, rather than 'community service' style activities?

The point is to be seen to punish the undeserving poor. There never was any intention to help anyone.
It is all about headlines for the Daily Mail and  efforts to keep UKIP from hiving off the raving loonies at the next election.

SRMoore

Quote from: mk1 on September 30, 2013, 07: PM

Address this problem.
Figures made up but the point is obvious.

2 Million unemployed.

1 million vacancies.

I don't prescribe to the line of thinking that the only jobs out there for you to do are those that are being provided by other people.

mo the lawn

What a load of rubbish some people talk on here  my sons are unemployed long term and dont you dare tell me they dont try ive seen them try and ive also seen them cry  there are over 4,000 out of work in hartlepool and you going to tell me there are 4,000+ jobs .
As for going to job centre every day what a great idea  that will make jobs  building a bigger one for them all to get in every day.
My sons are in an agency at bottom of church street and they are total waste of time  wanted one son to go self employed selling hot water boilers he told them lots of time he wants a proper job they didnt listen he was tat interview to forge names on the paper work good job that.
He also got a letter saying if he didnt attend an interview in march this year his money would be stopped in got letter  3 weeks ago in september good work (not)

mk1

Quote from: mo  the lawn on September 30, 2013, 07: PM

He also got a letter saying if he didnt attend an interview in march this year his money would be stopped in got letter  3 weeks ago in september good work (not)

I am aware of someone who recently was informed that because they broke some rule in March their money was being stopped today
It was said they were waiting on the result rule change and it had just come through. Now the person has to explain something they have no recollection off. As I said a total sham where the only aim is to meet sanction targets.

Shane wants everyone selling hamburgers to each other and as the previous poster  mentioned this is another way these shark employment firms work. Shove people intoa  completely bogus 'self-employment'  scam so as to get more money from  the taxpayer.

ARC86

Lomg term unemployment is up by 380% since 2010 to 245000

workfare is a scandal.. i seen something posted today on another website which went like this;

I worked at Poundland for the NMW, Poundland fired me so they could take on somebody on a jobs scheme, i was unemployed for 6 months and now i work at Poundland again, through the jobs scheme, but this time for free

Is this really what is happening in 2013? Its an absolute scandal, if the tories want people to work 30 hours a week, then they should pay them 30 hours at NMW not £1.32.

The dividing lines are drawn, i know whose side i am on