Hospital

Started by stokoe, September 19, 2013, 11: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stokoe

can i just say thank you very much for the hospital we once had.
http://eforms.hartlepool.gov.uk:7777/portal/servlets/ApplicationSearchServlet?PKID=98335

this is a development for a 100 units/flats/houses etc.

fred c

No surprise there then, its only now that the realisation will hit home to people.......
The Last Hospital In Hartlepool Is History

norfolkngoode

So thats what its all about eh.......

The entire population of the town done an enormous disservice, by so called elected representatives for the price of a bit of land, and a few houses >:(

I hope they have all been well paid for it >:(

What an absolute f@@kin disgrace.

>:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
'They don't like it up em'

ARC86

Of course there are "starry eyed optimists" not everybody thinks the town is doomed for failure as most do on here.

I have had numerous very bad experiences at UHH, here are a couple of examples

when a friend of mine went into hospital and they diagnosed him as having a ticky stomache, while he was in there he caught c diff.. finally after 2 minths in the UHH he was moved to North Tees where within 6 hours hours he was diagnosed as having pancreatic cancer

the second being my auntie being on the liverpool pathway.. the treatment she recieved was an absolute disgrace.. leaving her to stew in her own faeces so that another member of my family would change her bed sheets is hardly great patient care.. also the attitude of some of the staff is not fit for a modern day health service

Some people go on as if it is the best health care service in the world, well im afraid its not, it is riddled with incompetence.. so yes, there will be no tears shed from me if they decide to close down our hospital, because i would rather go to North Tees

steveL

I find it's often useful to scan around the different local papers to get a perspective on what's going on and here's a good example from the Gazette on Foster's comments about the closure of the remaining emergency services at Hartlepool Hospital. Those who decided to attend the last council meeting will get a feeling of who is working with whom from the following FOSTER QUOTE:

"The good news is that in Hartlepool, where it's fair to say the issue is far more contentious, the scrutiny committee have decided not to refer the matter to the secretary of state for health Jeremy Hunt.
"We can get on and implement the changes which are for good clinical reasons. "Planning is going well and a tremendous amount of detailed planning work has been completed.
"Moving more than 100 beds from Hartlepool to Stockton and the other knock-on changes around the department is a big task.
"That work is now really well-advanced."

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/consultation-closure-hospitals-emergency-department-6064965
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Interested

Bit harsh that isnt it (ARC)??

Wouldnt it be easier and cheaper to instill some new management/improve customer care?

Im not condoning the treatment some people have had at the hands of the NHS (and i know a few, trust me), however, if every hospital which had ever let down patients or offered a disservice to the public were to be closed we would all be flying to another country for our treatment.

Knee jerk reactions always come back to haunt at some time -----It will happen in this instance!!!

ARC86

I dont think its harsh at all, i suspect many people in town have had similar experiences to mine and would feel the same.. i would love to see the new hospital being built at Wynyard, UHH is old and outdated, successive governments Labour and Tory have left it to get into the state it is now in and that is now not fit for purpose.. the final nail in the voffin was the closing of a&e.. most people do not trust the new one life centre and go to North Tees.. the town needs a new plan for health care and the focus of that should be around building a new hospital that is fit for purpose

ARC86

Lol look at at my last comment and tell me how i am defending LABOUR.. stop being so obsessed.. i have my opinion you have yours they are clearly different, but dont ever tell me what i should think

The Great Dictator

The sale of land has nothing to do with the hospital closure, it was earmarked for closure in 1997 by Blair and John Reid.

marky

Quote from: stokoe on September 19, 2013, 11: PM
can i just say thank you very much for the hospital we once had.
http://eforms.hartlepool.gov.uk:7777/portal/servlets/ApplicationSearchServlet?PKID=98335

this is a development for a 100 units/flats/houses etc.

This application went through in 2010 and this most recent application is just for a time limit extension; planning permission normally lapses after 3 years.

norfolkngoode

Quote from: ARC86 on September 20, 2013, 09: AM
Some people go on as if it is the best health care service in the world, well im afraid its not, it is riddled with incompetence.. so yes, there will be no tears shed from me if they decide to close down our hospital, because i would rather go to North Tees

The new hospital at Wynyard should have been built before ours was closed.

I have nothing against North Tees hospital whatsoever, and have had to make use of it a couple of times, with no complaints....................
However North Tees does not really have the staff or the capacity to treat the amount of people it is now expected to serve. They do their best I know, but they always appear to be rushed off their feet trying to sort out the sheer volume of people now under their care, this is highlighted by the waiting times in A+E.

'They don't like it up em'

Inspector Knacker

I. wonder when the planning started....... or was it on the long term timetable.....?
I have no faith in these people whatsoever, if they told me it was raining I'd go outside and check to confirm it ..... twice!
I still find it difficult to comprehend how they were allowed to get away with this.......  I always recall my great aunt , who if someone came of whom she disapproved would ask that the cutlery was counted before and afterthe visit.........every time I think of services ghosted away, I think of her saying and suspect North Tess spare canteen of cutlery must surely be overflowing  by now.......?
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Inspector Knacker

If Wynyard had been proposed as an hospital  for the general long term facilities m:nus an  A&E, and two new A&E's  built at new locations in Hartlepool and Stockton, we might have a more sensible compromise....however North Tees is not easily accessible and neither will Wynyard....they spend millions on services but grudgingly quibble andwon't spend the loose change on accessing their wonderworld.
One Life...the worst of options in my opinion.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

ARC86

No i have not politicised the hospital at all.. you have!! Its a disgrace the way it has left hung out to dry both under LABOUR and the current coalition.. i agree with the point made earlier no services should have left until the replacement was built.. since the decline that is when my experiences of UHH occured and that is where my standing point is now.. its a disgrace and i am not propping up LABOUR on this issue, im saying it for what it is