Well That's That Then - No More Wynyard.

Started by steveL, July 16, 2013, 06: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

craig finton

Well that's that then! I hope those within Hartlepool Borough Council who sat back and let this happen are proud of themelves.

http://tinyurl.com/l92w7nz

steveL

Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

fred c

This can`t be right.......... Iain Wright told us The Hospital would stay open............. he just forgot to mention which one.

Hopefully the people of Hartlepool will remember this little deception when 2015 come around.

Inspector Knacker

;D
Quote from: fred c on July 23, 2013, 09: AM

Hopefully the people of Hartlepool will remember this little deception when 2015 come around.
I fear the waffling political teddy bear will be saved by the non thinking lumpen mass that would vote Labour if  a leaking radiator was nomnated.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Missy K

Take a look at this youtube video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qn4zpYVsxcU

Hope it works if it does it shows even in the early days the way politicians wanted it to go.

fred c

Missy K.......................A copy of that clip should be sent to our vertically challenged elected "Member" to remind him what a total hypocrite he is, & while your at it.... send one to the Offices of the Hartlepool Constituency Labour Party, marked FAO Labour Councillors.

notenoughsaid

Regarding the video clip submitted by Missy K anybody recognise the voice of the narrator?......I thought it was and very soon realised and confirmed it is Jason Anderson of the H/pool radio station.   It appears he gets in everywhere.   After my initial thoughts and a quick "google" the same video is on You Tube. (Possibly where it has been sourced from.)  May not be relevant however interesting.

brassed off monkey

I wonder if our Elected "Member" was a part of this Cross Party Group of MP`s, who have come to this conclusion.

I seem to remember 30,000 people signed the Save Our Hospital petition, hopefully they will remember just how ineffective our own "Member" has been in his attempts to save the Hospital.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-23423796

Stig of the Seaton Dump

Treat patients in ambulances, is that because there are no hospitals going to be around soon ? 

Instead of an ambulance, why not use a bus, Niramax would probably chip in too.
I don't believe it.

Hartlepudlion

Well Stig, would it be a choice between Cranney and Thomson running the bus or would it be unanimous in favour of Cranney or even Wilcox?

not4me

I see that the Hartlepool Mail and Hartlepool Post are taking quite diffrent positions on the future of the Wynyard Hospital. The Post sees it as History while The Mail is still churning out the same verbatim press releases of the hospital trust.

I know who my money would be on.

brassed off monkey

Spot on KD

The cost of the "Consultations alone will be considerable, a bunch of unelected QuangoTwats, who should be held to account when the time comes.

No Mega Money pay offs & Gold Plated pensions, its our money & we should be able to decide where it goes, & it shouldn`t go to that shower of sh**e.

steveL

Prepare yourself for the 10 seconds to Midnight protests of the local Labour Group as it's revealed that there will be no new hospital at Wynyard.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

steveL

The Trust's public response to the HP Front Page Story faithfully reproduced by the lap-dog Hartlepool Mail. This is the public response; the not-so-public response will be another internal witch hunt to find out who let the cat out of the bag.

There will be a rush now to get the remaining emergency services transferred to North Tees because they won't be able to keep the lid on this for very long.

http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/local/health-bosses-adamant-wynyard-hospital-will-open-by-2017-despite-funding-concerns-1-5892753

rabbit

It is obvious that the Health Trust who (lets admit it) are working hard on plans to have a new hospital built at Wynyard.

It is also clear that they keep hitting obstacles on the way.

Firstly, this government kicking the original project into touch. (that is despite giving the go-ahead for similar projects elsewhere)

The reason the government refused permission to build was on cost, not on public health requirement reasons.

Which when you think about it was an astute move. If they claimed that the then existing arrangement was satisfactory, they could not support what is happening now to the Hartlepool Hospital.

So, it was a question of money then, and the governments dislike of the PFI system.They told the Trust to go away and come back with a smaller hospital and a less costly one at that.The government made no promise to directly help provide funds for Wynyard.

So the Trust had to arrange a new design with lower cost and a new funding arrangement.

Eventually the Trust had a design and a bidder (one) who would construct also run the hospital.

Clearly the builder would  want a reasonable return for the construction and the commitment to run the hospital for an as yet unknown number of years.

The investment for this 300 million pound development would be provided (at least in part) by pension fund loans. Pension Fund loans seem to be the new banks!

These Pension Fund companies would also want their return from capital investment.The costs of building and running Wynyard are stacking up.

Of course  the construction company or the Pension Funds may also prefer some sort of guarantee from the Coalition Government that their investment will be protected into the future.  Perhaps one hundred million pounds worth of guarantee.

But the government aren`t  into providing any such assurance at present.

If we look six months down the line from here.  the government will see that health provision in this area is still being provided for, even if in a somewhat fragmented way.

Both North Tees and Hartlepool are functioning well in what they do, and there is further local provision at the privately owned facility in Park Road

So.as far as the governemt are concerned health provision in this area is covered.

They will not see any clear financial reason for indirectly providing 300 million pounds plus for an unproven gamble,

Well, not unless the next parliamentary election is approaching, when some political pragmatism will come into play.