Local Elections - 3rd of May 2012

Started by The Shadow, April 05, 2012, 08: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

notinshadow

Thanks Beanz I liked reading your view on it..

So who is next..MK1 how do you think it will turn out?

The Shadow

Just reading tonights Mail and I may have to make an alteration to my prediction.
I now thing the Lib Dems will take a seat in the Brus. Probably Barry.

The Shadow

Quote from: beanzontoast on April 18, 2012, 06: PM
Hi All There are some who have made predictions, for the local elections, and those that have had a moan and groan about Hartlepool councillors in particular the length of time it has been Labour controlled. A newspaper article today has confirmed UKIP has overtaken the Lib Dems to be the third most popular national party in the country. I wonder if those with predictions, and those who want a change within the council will vote for change, or will it stay as it always has. Predictions please.

Sorry to throw cold water on the lap of any Kippers reading but todays YouGov poll has put you back behind the Lib Dems by two points. Lib 10 - UKIP 8

beanzontoast

Well it`s good to know you are looking, however the word is UKIP are aiming to be the third national party overtaking the Lib Dems by 2015, I only mentioned it because some are running in the Local elections,as are Independants, HPF, torie`s, and even a BNP candidate. The mood seems to be changing in the views they once had in Hartlepool, and the voters have a selection of candidates to choose from this time around, and Hartlepool may not have a Labour controlled council, even if it was if their is a good number of others i would expect them to give Labour a hard time.

notinshadow

This reminds me of the fight between Roy Shaw and Lenny McClean where Roy takes about 30 punches, gets knocked about out on his feet and when his head clear, he doesn't even realise what's happened and want to fight on ..
He can't understand why his manager is saying "Roy it's over" "it's over Roy" and in the end has to tell him he done Lenny to calm him down..

Roy went on to be a great fighter but not that night..I think he blamed training on Ginsip is it..some natual herb product..

What natual herb product will UKIP blame this time round..even if I think they will be good fighters next time round.

steveL

Nationally, no one is reflecting what the British people actually think of Europe better than UKIP and the Tories, for one, are worried sick. I was watching an item on the BBC today that had no problem finding Tories ready to say so.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

beanzontoast

Hi notinshadow, if UKIP dont get a single councillor i bet they won`t blame anyone thats not the way foreward. No the main blame game will be if Labour has overall control again as a council, Hartlepool will have been given a unique chance on May 3rd to change its a mini revolution in a way. for it to happen though the voters need to throw off prejudice, and party dogma and go for it, if NOT well i wouid hope there to be no more problems ever with Hospital gone, buses gone, higher taxes accross the board and more till your pips squeak. Dont forget when you vote for councillors in Hartlepool or anywhere else for that matter, or for politicians YOU ARE NOT VOTING FOR THE PERSON, YOU ARE VOTING FOR THE POLICIES, in other words Labour for instance is for, high taxes,large goverment, mass immigration, and the human rights act. The Lib Dems are just Labour without the Unions, will you never learn, or did you really hang a monkey thinking it was a spy. May 3 is Hartlepool`s future dont waste it, and good luck to anyone who is willing to challenge Labour.

Julie noted

Surely, through the pages of HTH, people in this town can see what YEARS of labour domination has brought to the town?
Our useless MP is now banging on about lack of job opportunities in the town because of the coalition cutbacks....doh.  :'(
labour had 15 years in power to do something about jobs in Hartlepool, why wasn't he banging on about lack of jobs then?

We will NEVER go back to 'full employment' because of technology, mechanised mass production and the fact that we all want to pay £5 for a dress, £5 for a pair of jeans and £8,000 for a car.
Who can supply those items, at those prices? Asia and the Far East.

Don't give me the hoary old chestnut about the miners. Even when we had functioning coal mines, the labour & Tory govts. were buying it from Poland etc. because it was cheaper.
Shipyards? Both govts started ordering from the Far East (mainly Korea) because they were so much cheaper.

Computers have replaced thousands of jobs in the UK....previously you would have required office blocks of typists, order clerks and other admin to keep a company going. Now all you need a couple of staff and computers.

The car industry in the UK employed tens of thousands more than today. Intense mechanisation has reduced that to thousands.

Prior to labour and its 'open door policy' (which they have admitted was to spite the Tories), we could just about cope with the ratio of jobs and job hunters.
Now this tiny island of ours has people from all over the world chasing a diminishing number of jobs in the UK.

We ALL wanted 'something for next to nothing', be it jeans or ships and we are now paying the price.
Excuse me while I go to Matalan, they have some shirts for hubby at £3.....made in Sri Lanka.  8)

codheadless

got to agree with julie noted on all points, for our MP to be banging on about lack of jobs in Hartlepool when we have been a labour town since god was a lad is a complete p**s take!

Ryehill

Judging by the content of the party political broadcasts on behalf of  the the Lib/Lab/Con parties, the elections on May 3rd are not local elections but a practice for the next G.E.

marky

Very true. The real purpose of local elections has been pushed into touch and the whole process has been reduced to the level of a giant opinion poll of the national parties to be fed into their focus groups.

brassed off monkey

Typical central government, using local elections as a barometer on how the national party is faring in the publics opinion.

Hopefully the electorate wont fall into the trap on May 3rd

Lucy Lass-Tick

Quote from: kipperdip on April 19, 2012, 03: PM
I hope our resident DJ Lucy is reading this thread as I have a request.
Could you work your magic and locate the classic Peter Sellers monologue "Party Political Speech" it's late 1950's/ early 60's.
Readers of this thread might like to be treated to a a perfect example of how nothing has changed.  The political establishment are as 'identikit' now as they were 50 years ago.

It's absolutely hilarious no matter what political persuasion you are.  Peter was my hero a true genius, this track proves it, I defy anyone not to laugh.

Can you oblige Lucy?

As requested Kipperdip!  ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxBtGuu9BVE

The Shadow

http://youtu.be/1xc5c-pwf8o

I prefer this one Kipperdip

Lucy Lass-Tick