Local Elections - 3rd of May 2012

Started by The Shadow, April 05, 2012, 08: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

notenoughsaid

To ST....you are trying to do a good job to "Keep the Red Flag Flying High" however Tony Blair aided and abetted by Mr.Mandleson and Co. pulled it down years ago.   In former days the likes of Michael Foot ,Mr Wedgewood Benn were clear in who/what  they stood for and appeared principled. ...The act of re-branding the  Labour Party as "New Labour" was an act of deception and fooled a lot of their electorate as their behaviour and greed  has shown.  To me, along with the election leaflets I have received from the Conservatives and the  second from the " Local Cons" it appears as locally they are trying a similar trick.   I know a lot of people who religiously vote Labour who havent realised their vote has been stolen from them under the new name.  Remember the words of the Prince of Darkness.... "I have no problem with people making  loads of money.!!!   What he failed to say was "as long as it includes me"   PS.   " and Tony."

beanzontoast

Another point straight talking, at Labour rallies, they sing the red flag which is a Russian anthem, favorite colour RED.
Hartlepool council offices, colour RED, ruling council for fifty years Labour, HOW IN YOUR FACE IS THAT.

mk1

notinshadow

Beanz, it's almost like talking to the big ginger fella, that got pushed down the ladder last year..

What was his name ..big, overweight lump with silly glasses and image issues..

The name slips my mind..talks with a moody Scots accent and the grannies love him down Burn Valley..

I think he makes sandwiches for a living and hangs about where his dad works..

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: mk1 on April 30, 2012, 12: AM
Barking!
Maybe just too 'barking' ....... a sort of caricature, are you a Labour voter really?
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: mk1 on April 29, 2012, 08: PM
Quote from: testing times on April 29, 2012, 08: PMWhy would anyone believe that a few more years of Labour will make the slightest difference?

Well a Devil's Advocate could at least say 'think how much worse it would be if you had Conservatives in permanent Office"?
In truth the argument is silly.
Is it being claimed that everyone who votes Labour  or is Labour has no brains and are incapable of rational thought?

I've never had a party, because I never vote for a party, I vote for the people in the party.

steveL

I don't see much connection with the Labour Party of Nye Bevan and the freeloading carpetbaggers within the town's current Labour Group.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Straight Talking

You can say what you want Steve, but none of the Labour Councillors have been done for benefit fraud.

Maybe Mr. Lilley would like to explain how he was quietly allowed to pay it back.

Wouldn't have had anything to do with the fact that he was a Councillor, would it????

steveL

As far as none of the Labour Councillors 'never been done for benefit fraud'; if I was you, I would take a rain-check on that one and watch this space.

As for the comment about Lilley, there are two ways of looking at this:

If it's true, then it doesn't say much about your own understanding of confidentiality and we should all be glad, therefore, that you no longer work in that department.

If it's not true, then it is what it is - a nasty little slur during an election when your whole party appears to be s**tting a brick - not for fear of losing seats but of the risk of all of your parasitic activities being revealed.

My own experience of the tax/benefit system is that it is so bloody complicated errors occur quite frequently and unless you're one of those few people who has chosen the benefit system as a career option then there is a good chance of some sort of c**k-up being made. In such cases, when things are properly explained, it's not uncommon for people to pay back any over-payments over a period of time. Such instances are not regarded as benefit fraud but as an unavoidable consequence of operating an overly-complicated system - which, I guess, is where Ian Duncan-Smith comes in.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

The Great Dictator

I don't think this site should dwell on peoples benefit claims unless they have been prosecuted for
such a crime. The admin of HTH could easily be sued for Libel.

mk1

Quote from: Riddler5 on April 30, 2012, 06: AM
are you a Labour voter really?

Asked and answered many times.
Still the same answer-I have never voted Labour in my life.
Now you can say I am a liar!

notinshadow

I don't think your a liar.. It seems to me you are consistant with all the parties..

I think I remember a post by you, that said words to the effect of, if they put a target on their ar**, it's there for you to kick it or something simular.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: mk1 on April 30, 2012, 02: PM
Quote from: Riddler5 on April 30, 2012, 06: AM
are you a Labour voter really?

Asked and answered many times.
Still the same answer-I have never voted Labour in my life.
Now you can say I am a liar!
Sorry, I wan't asking the question of you, but of beanzontoast, who comes across as a caricature pantomime type tory invented to add a bit of smoke to the proceedings.

Stig of the Seaton Dump

I am surprised how few electioneering leaflets I have received considering how close we are to the elections.

I guess that is a reflection of how little people care.

I did receive one from Hartlepool First but if they are the way to change in this town I would be
concerned at their lack of impact (good or bad) on the man in the street, which is a shame. 

(I am in Seaton ward.)
I don't believe it.

christine blakey

I am really sorry to hear you have not received much information.  I would hope that people who are in your ward, read this and ensure this is changed.

Do not be surprised if your leaflets have been taken out of the letterbox etc.  Sometimes this happens.

Maybe get contact details for them all and email/ring them.