Local Elections - 3rd of May 2012

Started by The Shadow, April 05, 2012, 08: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

notinshadow

She doesn't owe it to anyone..

Once her grant and incomes streams are in place every year, she doesn't see that we can just pop in there for answers.

By all accounts she's anti-social, so someone waltzing in from HTH can f*c* right off in her eyes.

I would have the same view with that aproach, trying walking into my work place telling me how it's going to be..you would told to jog right on..so what's the diffrence, she's the head of a business and it matters not what type of business it is or where the money is coming from.

Ray H has done the right thing, he ordered/asked the council auditors to come in and go through the books, they are in the best place to look.

What I have been told is that Ray H has no problem with people seeing the books, mistakes have been made but not the mistakes that are being made out on this site.

I don't support or defend them either way but one of the family used to work for me, his a friend that I hardly see but is nice to see him when I do, he came to my house the other week and ofcouse Manor Res from my point of view was towards the top of the chat..

He said his dad had received unwanted mail making threats that they are all going to jail and various other comments and his rightly upset and I don't blame the fella either..

Now going back to my friend.. his late mother built Manor Res from her kitchen, so rightly his upset at the way this is all playing out.
His wife was on the list that HTH chucked on it's front page as being paid staff but clearly forgot the small fact she had been there 15 years as a volunteer before she worked there. Who better to employ that someone who had been there 15 years free of charge.

mk1

Perhaps 'Ray' should reveal how much he pays himself-and how much the Manor Mafia pay themselves?
Once we see how little they take out then we will all say sorry.

Straight Talking

Quote from: perseus on April 27, 2012, 02: PM

Labour has also done a great job keeping our council tax nice and low too. I say 'low', I mean technically it's less for a multi million pound mansion in London than for a semi-detached on the Fens, but that's more to do with the Tories keeping rates low in London than it is to do with Labour making them high in Hartlepool.

The Truth about Westminster and Council Tax

In England, homes are put into a valuation band based on their value on 1 April 1991, not what the property is worth today:

Band    House Values                                   Hartlepool pays                         Westminster Pays
A           up to £40,000                                   £1,113.68                                   £456.34
B   over £40,000 and up to £52,000          £1,299.28                                   £532.41
C   over £52,000 and up to £68,000          £1,484.90                                   £608.46
D   over £68,000 and up to £88,000          £1,670.51                                   £684.52 (this is a reduction of £3.10 on last year)
E   over £88,000 and up to £120,000          £2,041.74                                   £836.63
F   over £120,000 and up to £160,000          £2,412.95                                   £988.75
G   over £160,000 and up to £320,000          £2,784.18                                   £1,140.86
H   over £320,000                                          £3,341.02                                   £1,369.04

Band D is used as the national comparator between authorities
There are a lot of houses in London that are worth more than £320,000 but they still pay at Band H.

Westminster
London and its boroughs have a re-evaluation of property values every 5 years and the last one was in 2010. For those ratepayers who would otherwise have seen significant increases in their rates liability, the Government has put in place a £2 billion transitional relief scheme to limit and phase in changes in rate bills as a result of the 2010 revaluation

That is why the Tories and the Putting Hartlepool First bunch like to use Westminster's figures but what they don't tell you is they are heavily subsidised by the Government.

Westminster is paying less than Hartlepool because they are heavily subsidised, indirectly we are all helping them to pay their Council Tax via a Government subsidy.

It's called being selective with the truth – Geoff Lilley and Ray Wells are choosing to tell you only enough to get you to see what they want you to see.

Check it out, smell the coffee – you are being lied to and you don't even know it.
You can only fool all of the people all of the time if they want to be fooled.

The Shadow

Hartlepool rate payers subsiding Westminster. Pull the other one.

Sunken Ships

It will be interesting to see how people decide to allocate their three votes. I will probably spread my three votes across more than one political party but then I have the problem of knowing which candidate to vote for. I'm on the Fens/Rossmere ward, say I want to use one of my votes for PHF, which of their three candidates do I plump for? Is there any pecking order? If not surely you could get into a situation where single votes are spread evenly over three candidates but none get enough to be elected.

Straight Talking

Quote from: The Shadow on April 27, 2012, 04: PM
Hartlepool rate payers subsiding Westminster. Pull the other one.

You might not like it, but the facts are that despite telling the rest of the country that we had to tighten our belts,
one of the first things that the incoming Tory/Lib Dem coalition did was provide £2 BILLION to keep down the rates in London.

Check out the Governments own website if you don't believe me Shadow.

Straight Talking

Quote from: Sunken Ships on April 27, 2012, 04: PM
It will be interesting to see how people decide to allocate their three votes. I will probably spread my three votes across more than one political party but then I have the problem of knowing which candidate to vote for. I'm on the Fens/Rossmere ward, say I want to use one of my votes for PHF, which of their three candidates do I plump for? Is there any pecking order? If not surely you could get into a situation where single votes are spread evenly over three candidates but none get enough to be elected.

Well that's the risk all the POLITICAL PARTIES take when standing 3 candidates for 3 places.
They might be called Independent, but they are a registered POLITICAL PARTY.

The Shadow

The gov put  money aside to keep rates down nationally.

There is also the small fact that the difference in rates between Westminster and Hartlepool has not occured since Labour lost power. But that doesn't fit into your half story ;)

Sunken Ships

Quote from: Straight Talking on April 27, 2012, 04: PM
Quote from: Sunken Ships on April 27, 2012, 04: PM

Well that's the risk all the POLITICAL PARTIES take when standing 3 candidates for 3 places.
They might be called Independent, but they are a registered POLITICAL PARTY.

You are correct, of course they are. But like you say the element that PHF are promoting (and what appeals to me) was its independence, which presumably means each candidate has different views and polices, but I'm struggling to find any details about what each individual candidate supports or believes, meaning if I do vote once or twice for them I'm going to just have to pick a candidate at random in the voting booth.

notinshadow

Quote from: mk1 on April 27, 2012, 03: PM
Perhaps 'Ray' should reveal how much he pays himself-and how much the Manor Mafia pay themselves?
Once we see how little they take out then we will all say sorry.

I can tell you P.H. earns under a  grand a month, he is in charge of 6 people!!

Julie noted

ST writes;
"The Tory/Lib Dem coalition provided £2 billion to keep rates down in London".

I wonder if anyone else saw the irony in your relentless sycophancy to the labour party?  :P
For your info., the Tory/Lib Dem Coalition also offered Hartlepool Borough Council over £1 m to keep OUR rates low.
What did our labour cllrs do (assisted by their buddies, the tories et al), they refused the money and put up our council tax.  :(
Just so they could say what a nasty Coalition, look at the trouble it is causing you.

I hope people in this town are going to wise up to your lot on Thursday......Vote 'Putting Hartlepool First' and use ONE vote only...why give votes to someone else!

Straight Talking

Quote from: The Shadow on April 27, 2012, 04: PM
The gov put  money aside to keep rates down nationally.

There is also the small fact that the difference in rates between Westminster and Hartlepool has not occured since Labour lost power. But that doesn't fit into your half story ;)

You can bluff and bluster all you like but £2 BILLION for the London Boroughs including Westminster is a hell of lot of money in my book.
So I might be telling only half a story but Ray Wells and Geoff Lilley are telling a whole Lie.

Straight Talking

Quote from: Julie noted on April 27, 2012, 06: PM
ST writes;
"The Tory/Lib Dem coalition provided £2 billion to keep rates down in London".

I wonder if anyone else saw the irony in your relentless sycophancy to the labour party?  :P
For your info., the Tory/Lib Dem Coalition also offered Hartlepool Borough Council over £1 m to keep OUR rates low.
What did our labour cllrs do (assisted by their buddies, the tories et al), they refused the money and put up our council tax.  :(
Just so they could say what a nasty Coalition, look at the trouble it is causing you.

I hope people in this town are going to wise up to your lot on Thursday......Vote 'Putting Hartlepool First' and use ONE vote only...why give votes to someone else!

Actually Julie YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY WRONG - The Council in Hartlepool accepted the Government money and froze council Tax for the second year in a row. The only reason that yours and my council tax has gone up - is because the Police Authority and the Fire Authority put up their part of the Council Tax.

CHECK IT OUT - Hartlepool Borough Councils meeting minutes are on their website.

Julie noted

ST, I do apologise, you are absolutely right.  :-[
That will teach me to have the pans boiling away on the cooker whilst trying to use the site!

Straight Talking

Apology accepted, I wish others on this website were as quick to correct errors.