Is the Ship Sinking ? By Bill Norman

Started by admin, July 26, 2018, 06: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mk1

Quote from: BresslawoffoftheBunker on July 27, 2018, 11: PM
You're making far more of the door thing then I ever made

Point made and  end of discussion on that issue. Please do a 'cut and paste' to the previous sentence and insert into any post where you want to know my reply to any follow-up queries on the subject.

Let the buggers fight and offer no succour or support to either side. There is little to chose between the motives of both the named individuals as they are only interested in advancing the aims of their group and no one else. One is a bit simple and  fails to cover her tracks whilst the other delegates the dirty work and then disowns his underlings when they are no longer of any use to him . Two cheeks of the same ar*se.

BresslawoffoftheBunker

Don't end it until you tell me who was sat outside my door

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: BresslawoffoftheBunker on July 27, 2018, 11: PM
I think you're trying to be too clever and not making any sense
Surely not. I thought you had the copyright, franchise and concession?
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

jeffh

So with some of the non-runners already declared who's next?

The Labour councillors up for re-election in 2019 are -

De Bruce - Cook
Fens & Rossmere - Lindridge
Foggy Furze - Cranney
Hart - Beck - resigned
Headland & Harbour - McLoughlan
Jesmond - S Belcher - deselected
Manor House - Barclay - deselected
Victoria - Trueman - deselected

I know that McLoughlan is up on August 1st but have there been any confirmations for 2019, or are Lindridge, Cook & Cranney sweating it out?

I bet Carl Richardson's a relieved man

Inspector Knacker

Is the vote secret or show of hands?

DRiddle

Cranney won his comfortably but I'm told there's an internal plan to deal with him. Cook also won his but I'm not sure whether it was close or not.

As much as the coup is a great start, until it removes Cranney, Mad dog and both SCABS I'll reserve judgement. This series of developments should ultimately be enough to remove CAB as leader, but as long as he and the others have seats on the council they'll make trouble. Labour could still get turned over in the all out with those toxic names attached to the party.

fred c

Toxicity isn't restricted to the Scabal, anyone who was subjected to the sustained and vicious FB abuse and anyone who read it can testify to that...

The Scabal agenda was one of self servers, we have yet to see what the Corbyn Pixies have to offer apart from something 'momentous'

Truthache

Are tickets available to attend these local Labour Party Meetings?  Theatre goers may enjoy the performances which seem to cover the categories of comedy, farce, drama with an element of Who Dunnit?  I wonder which genre the next performance will be.

Gustaf I of England + BWH

All of these wonderful people - dedicated councillors, stalwarts of the community, dedicated to the success of the town and it residents - being deselected by the activists as candidates for their party in the upcoming elections. It prompts me to ask - how many of them will show the strength of their convictions, their determination to continue to make this town thrive again, by standing as independent candidates at the next elections ?
My guess would be 0. The only thing they are dedicated too is milking the town for all they can get. They do not even care for the Labour ideals that led to the forming of the party; merely pay it lip service to further their own advancement (as they see it). Roll on the revolution !
And in case there is any doubt, I have similar views about the Conservatives too.

DRiddle

Blackmail is an act, often criminal, involving unjustified threats to make a gain—most commonly money or property—or cause loss to another unless a demand is met. ... Blackmail may also be considered a form of extortion.

Interesting times.  ::)

mk1

It is pathetic. People with an IQ of a cabbage have defied all efforts of the supposed 'very clever' people who are going to transform British Politics. If Cranney and Special Needs SAB  can outsmart you why should we believe claims you can run the council better than they can?

Inspector Knacker

Surely that depends on the IQ of those selecting you.

DRiddle

Sent to me by an acquaintance who doesn't want to be named due to his connections within HBC. Made me laugh.

When it comes to knowing when to bow out while still on top, some people get it spot on. In football German Captain Philipp Lahm lifted the World Cup on July 13th 2014. Just 5 days later and still only 30 years of age, Lahm retired from international football. 

Also, historically, it's a little known fact that across the pond Benjamin Franklin retired from his very successful printing business aged just 42. Granted, having done so he founded the University of Pennsylvania, invented both the lightening rod and bifocal glasses and the created the United States of America, but the point remains that he knew when to get out of his day job.

Alas, for every Lahm and Frankin, there are many who fail the spot when the writing is well and truly on the wall. Boxing is littered with examples, most notably Muhammed Ali, who still tried to mix it with Trevor Berbick aged 39, already a shadow of the man who knocked out Sonny Liston 17 years earlier.

Politically, one could also point to Muammar 'Colonel' Gaddafi as an example of a person who just did not know when to quit. Having declined the opportunity to seek political exile and live out his days in the lap of luxury, Gaddafi ended up being stabbed in the anus and was beaten to death while cowering in a sewer.

And so we arrive at Christoper Akers-Belcher and the recent goings on within the Hartlepool Labour group.

The next few weeks will determine how history will remember the political 'contribution' of the current leader of Hartlepool Borough Council.

The days ahead will also define him as a man.

One option is to gracefully pass the chalice as Philipp Lahm did after lifting the World Cup. The alternative is to continue to throw punches like the veteran Ali, in the vain hope he'll somehow land a knockout blow against younger, hungrier opponents.

Regular readers of The Hartlepool Post and observers of the Hartlepool political scene already know which of those two eventualities is the more likely.

Christoper Akers-Belcher does not do graceful.

Any man in his late 50's who reportedly indulges in Botox and drives a white BMW is hardly the type to drift off quietly into the sunset.

Backed up by his marital partner Stephen, the most notable member of Thornhill School's alumni, the Akers-Belchi seem far more likely to go the way of Gadhafi, than they are to follow in the footsteps of Benjamin Franklin.

In many ways there are some who might actually applaud the Akers-Belcher's. It's a long road from benefits clerk and simpleton respectively, to find yourselves essentially in charge of a town and its budget of upwards of £50 million. In many respects Stephen is a genuine feather in the cap for special education within Hartlepool in the 1990s.

However, this is not a time for a tale of triumph over adversity.

The Labour group are at war and frustrated followers of the local political scene in Hartlepool are gleefully stocking up on the popcorn.

If one were to liken it to a fairy tale it's probably most similar to The Golden Goose. Not satisfied with a regular egg in the form of at least £3,000 per month, a goose by the name of Dave Hunter was sliced open as they grasped for even more immediate riches.

Reportedly, the decision to remove Hunter from his committee chair and replace him with the afore mentioned simpleton Stephen, was just one step too far for certain members of the local Labour Party.

The plot to oust them was brought forward and within a week or so it looks like the numbers are there to remove Christopher Akers-Belcher from power within a year. Labour North are reportedly finally on board with the coup having eventually realised that losing a council they've held for the thick end of 60 years is probably not good for the parties profile nationally.

All that remains is for people to sit back, watch the fireworks and for any current wavering Labour councillors to make sure they're on the right side of history.

However, a quick re-brand won't be enough to satisfy the doubters. The boil needs to be well and truly lanced if Labour are to survive the forthcoming all out elections. Jim "I don't need the money but I'll vote myself a 31% rise anyway" Lindridge needs to be next in the firing line. Stephen "The eunuch" Thomas, who accepted the health watch dollar, also doesn't deserve to survive the current bloodshed.  Likewise, Labour cannot surely tolerate a local council that still consists of the Akers-Belchers, Marjorie James and Kevin Cranney?

And then of course there's Doctor Pothole. The Tooting Tornado who arrived expecting a seat in Westminster, yet may well find himself with a one way ticket on the grand central to Kings Cross.

His re-selection hearing is just 3 days away and represents the acid test in the middle of the apparent coup.

If Labour HAVE genuinely re-branded locally then they cannot afford another pound shop Mandelson being given a free ride on the Westminster Gravy Train.

August 1st will determine whether this coup d' etat is real. Anything other than the deselection of Councillor Mike McLaughlin will constitute 'business as usual' for the local Labour Party in Hartlepool.

It'll also hand control of the council to the independents come the all outs.

We'll be watching the Labour Labour Party Headland and Harbour selection vote with interest.

Hopefully we won't be disappointed.

Time's up boys.

Grumblstiltskin

"The Akers-Belchi seem far more likely to go the way of Gadhafi, Gaddafi ended up being stabbed in the anus".....I'll just leave this here

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: DRiddle on July 28, 2018, 09: PM

And so we arrive at Christoper Akers-Belcher and the recent goings on within the Hartlepool Labour group.

The next few weeks will determine how history will remember the political 'contribution' of the current leader of Hartlepool Borough Council.

The days ahead will also define him as a man.

One option is to gracefully pass the chalice as Philipp Lahm did after lifting the World Cup
Lahm  actually achieved something, there's the difference.

I hope these purges aren't just for effect, a distraction, getting rid of the high profile sacrificial lambs?