Is the Ship Sinking ? By Bill Norman

Started by admin, July 26, 2018, 06: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DRiddle

I'm told mammy belcher has been given her cards and the Labour group is basically at war with itself. Happy days. Oh and the Headland and Harbour selection is on August 1st. Does Dr Pothole go back to Tooting?

kevplumb

Quote from: DRiddle on July 27, 2018, 08: PM
I'm told mammy belcher has been given her cards and the Labour group is basically at war with itself. Happy days. Oh and the Headland and Harbour selection is on August 1st. Does Dr Pothole go back to Tooting?
you are enjoying this far too much  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment

Johnny Bongo

Quite appropriate that there has just been one hell of a thunderstorm and lightning like I've never seen before!  It must have set the scene wonderfully.....like one of those Hammer Horror films!  3 down (Becks, Belcher and Trueman, 4 if you count RMW) and how many more before the year's out?  Anyhow, when and where's the party? Anywhere BUT the Rifty!!!!

mk1

I wouldn't get too excited about the current round of defenestrations. This Forum was started when Brash & Co ruled the roost and there was plenty of corruption in those years. For example the disgraceful way the Freeman Of The Borough system was manipulated to silence those who did not want to give it to  Mandelson.
As his then agent said:

Councillor Steve Wallace, who supported the proposal to make him a freeman, said: ''The fact that a middle class, Oxford educated, carpetbagging, Londoner - and those are his good points - became accepted as an honorary Hartlepudlian has astonished many opponents.

I would say he  'outmanoeuvred' rather than 'astonished' Mandelsons many opponents.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/7424929/Lord-Mandelson-and-Jeff-Stelling-made-honorary-freemen.html

Lucy Lass-Tick

Quote from: Johnny Bongo on July 27, 2018, 09: PM
Quite appropriate that there has just been one hell of a thunderstorm and lightning like I've never seen before!  It must have set the scene wonderfully.....like one of those Hammer Horror films!  3 down (Becks, Belcher and Trueman, 4 if you count RMW) and how many more before the year's out?  Anyhow, when and where's the party? Anywhere BUT the Rifty!!!!

;D ;D

mk1

Posted an hour ago on Sandra's Facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=202955540400484&id=169345223761516

I am disappointed to notify everyone that the Jesmond Branch Labour Party de-selected me tonight. This means that I cannot stand for election in May 2019 as a Labour Councillor. I was informed by a resident 4 months ago that this was going to happen simply because I have a disability. I am sad to say even a fellow Labour Councillor stated I shouldn't be standing again because of my disability. This goes against the Equality Act 2010. Rest assured I am still here for all the Jesmond Ward residents and I shall continue to do all I can as a good community Councillor until I serve out my term to May 2019. Thank you for your continued support everyone.

Perhaps she should take a leaf of of her sons book and claim she was 'sacked' because she tried to expose corruption within the system?
Note she is laying the grounds for some sort of claim by saying it is discrimination against the disabled.

I guess Daddy Belcher can kiss goodbye to the dream of a Council seat for life and all the allowances that come with. He was so looking forward to ordering his old boss around!

Johnny Bongo

I didn't know that following the sheep (or lemmings, hopefully!) was counted as a disability by the Labourites!  Maybe the fact that she couldn't think for herself and was told what to vote for, counted against her...........no, that's wrong, sorry.  Could it be that she's related to certain others on the Council and there's a witch hunt happening?  Mmmm ::)
One thing's a certainty......sure as eggs is eggs.....there'll be lots of twitchy sphincters tonight and at any future meetings of the Labour groups!    Priceless ;D ;D ;D ;D

mk1

Tom Cook straight on to Sandra's claims of victimisation on her page. No doubt which way he would have voted on her deselection!

Sounds potentially serious. Probably something you should have brought to the attention of the CLP and HBC, rather than posting about online after you were deselected.

BresslawoffoftheBunker

mk1

BresslawoffoftheBunker

I think you're trying to be too clever and not making any sense

mk1

Quote from: BresslawoffoftheBunker on July 27, 2018, 11: PM
I think you're trying to be too clever and not making any sense

I would never have a good word for any member of a group that subjected me to months of vile personal abuse  or parked up to watch my house.

BresslawoffoftheBunker

Why didn't you say that in the first place !

BresslawoffoftheBunker

You're making far more of the door thing then I ever made

BresslawoffoftheBunker

So who are you saying was sat outside my house.   I never knew but you seem to.   Who was it ?