Middleton Huts

Started by admin, January 02, 2018, 02: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stig of the Seaton Dump

Considering the Fish Quay Vision was not delivered and there isn't a row a restaurants etc.

Is there room there for the huts ?
I don't believe it.

fred c

Tom Cook is another one of the Corbynites who knows exactly what is wrong with the labour group, but he along with Anth, Clayton, McGovern et al don't have the balls to do anything about it...

mk1

Quote from: fred c on March 29, 2018, 03: PM
Tom Cook is another one of the Corbynites who knows exactly what is wrong with the labour group, but he along with Anth, Clayton, McGovern et al don't have the balls to do anything about it...
AKA  the Andy Simms Collective.

isolde

frain did say something sensible on the cabins page, they both went to write pro hbc stuff on each post but he did say p.d. ports could do more and they could as they do a lot for local charity and the town

copied from  the page

Tom Cook Middleton Cabin Owners Hartlepool also, HBC would basically be subsidising PD Ports as a business with our council tax in doing that. PD Ports should be supporting community groups to allow Cabin Owners to keep their premises. Maybe HBC could put pressure on them somehow though?

fred c

Quote from: isolde on March 29, 2018, 04: PM

frain did say something sensible on the cabins page, they both went to write pro hbc stuff on each post but he did say p.d. ports could do more and they could as they do a lot for local charity and the town

copied from  the page

Tom Cook Middleton Cabin Owners Hartlepool also, HBC would basically be subsidising PD Ports as a business with our council tax in doing that. PD Ports should be supporting community groups to allow Cabin Owners to keep their premises. Maybe HBC could put pressure on them somehow though?

HBC had no problems subsidising the Cafe in the Crem to the tune of £77k over 3 loss making years, so for Cook to throw the ball into PD ports court is  aimed at taking criticism off the council.

Lets face it, if a cabal councillor needed a £10k a year subsidy for a 'Little CIC Organisation'......going by past examples eg. 'WCNE received £680k plus' they would almost certainly get it......

jawsbbc

Quote from: isolde on March 29, 2018, 04: PM

copied from  the page

Tom Cook Middleton Cabin Owners Hartlepool also, HBC would basicallyS  be subsidising PD Ports as a business with our council tax in doing that. PD Ports should be supporting community groups to allow Cabin Owners to keep their premises. Maybe HBC could put pressure on them somehow though?
PLEASE GO PUBLIC AGAIN AND PRINT THE PLACES WERE HBC HAVE OFFERED THE CABIN OWNER

Inspector Knacker

Any fool knows those sites are a joke. Therefore I can only assume someone is taking the p*** on an industrial scale. What next, the lifeboat station relocated to Elwick and the lighthouse to Dalton? Because that is the level of arrogant twaddle they're coming out with. Such a pity it's not an approved vanity project that's caught the eye of the whimsical Bon viveurs.
Their comprehension of the meaning of this community is about as much as my understanding of midwifery techniques in 12th century China. Zero!
And what is this siteearmarked for, disturbing reports of the 150 ft statue of a prominent visionary in a golden cat suit with open arms welcoming sailors to the Marina is a rumour I hope?
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

isolde

update today from Middleton Cabin fb page

UPDATE
A meeting was held with Hartlepool Borough Council on Wednesday 28th March 2018 to review progress to date and to explore other ways to resolve the present problems. The conclusion was positive. We have applied to three separate fund providers and have now received negative answers from each provider. The problem is because fund providers look for projects that will assist a community. The Cabin Owners own their individual cabins and are therefore seen as individuals with any funds provided being seen to support the individuals.

jawsbbc

Quote from: isolde on March 30, 2018, 03: PM

UPDATE
A meeting was held with Hartlepool Borough Council on Wednesday 28th March 2018 to review progress to date and to explore other ways to resolve the present problems. The conclusion was positive. We have applied to three separate fund providers and have now received negative answers from each provider. The problem is because fund providers look for projects that will assist a community. The Cabin Owners own their individual cabins and are therefore seen as individuals with any funds provided being seen to support the individuals.
and i bet my bottom dollar hbc knew all about the  The Cabin Owners own their individual cabins and are therefore seen as individuals with any funds provided being seen to support the individuals.

isolde

Quote from: jawsbbc on March 30, 2018, 07: PM

UPDATE
and i bet my bottom dollar hbc knew all about the  The Cabin Owners own their individual cabins and are therefore seen as individuals with any funds provided being seen to support the individuals.

of course, they knew which is why they did not offer real help. all they did was the usual political spin, pretended to help but do nothing. and got a pic in the paper doing so which makes the sheople think they rode in on their white charger to save the day, yet saved nothing at all

Stig of the Seaton Dump

Quote from: isolde on March 31, 2018, 05: PM
Quote from: jawsbbc on March 30, 2018, 07: PM

UPDATE

of course, they knew which is why they did not offer real help. all they did was the usual political spin, pretended to help but do nothing. and got a pic in the paper doing so which makes the sheople think they rode in on their white charger to save the day, yet saved nothing at all

Sounds just like the A&E and a dozen other things
I don't believe it.

isolde

interesting post on twitter, interesting because they also told the cabin owners when they were on what is now the marina that if they did not take the deal from the council then he would just bulldoze the cabins to get the land...

My Sweet Landlord
‏ @MySweetLandlord
"Mandelson faced calls for new sleaze inquiry after it was revealed he used threats to force 1 of GB's leading media firms to sack editor."

Inspector Knacker

The usual guff. They turn up at the beginning banging the drum of support, leading the charge, hogging the limelight, while the limelight was there. Faces in print, impression made.
Now, when the help is needed, they've disappeared, but then there's no mileage in failure, no positives, no limelight and certainly nowhere to be for a pic in the papers.
They've rode off on the horse they rode in on.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

isolde

the fishermen have told me a story that l cannot find in the papers, not even hartlepool fail.
Arround the time when Mandleson and his company were trying to get the original cabins plot they did get the area behind in and behind the shops. It is where boats can come in, not the actual marina, but behind and upto the back of the shops.  The actually started filling in the water with stone to make a base to build on.
John Prescott got hold of this story because he is a boat holder or use to be when younger so is passionate about this subject. lt is a shame that he did not get involved with the cabins.
Anyway, he came to hartlepool guns blazing and got it stopped. Why was this not big news?  I tried to find it in the mail but they seemed to have run every other story on Prescott but that.
This all tells you why the cabins are not helped by a certain member who could. A member thick as thieves with Mandleson in those days agains the cabins to get as much land round the marina area as possible to build upon.
Does anyone know about this story?   I run a group where l am trying to preserve the History of Middleton and thought it would be good to  post there but also its another thing the sheople need educating upon

jawsbbc

Quote from: isolde on April 03, 2018, 11: AM
the fishermen have told me a story that l cannot find in the papers, not even hartlepool fail.
Arround the time when Mandleson and his company were trying to get the original cabins plot they did get the area behind in and behind the shops. It is where boats can come in, not the actual marina, but behind and upto the back of the shops.  The actually started filling in the water with stone to make a base to build on.
John Prescott got hold of this story because he is a boat holder or use to be when younger so is passionate about this subject. lt is a shame that he did not get involved with the cabins.
Anyway, he came to hartlepool guns blazing and got it stopped. Why was this not big news?  I tried to find it in the mail but they seemed to have run every other story on Prescott but that.
This all tells you why the cabins are not helped by a certain member who could. A member thick as thieves with Mandleson in those days agains the cabins to get as much land round the marina area as possible to build upon.
Does anyone know about this story?   I run a group where l am trying to preserve the History of Middleton and thought it would be good to  post there but also its another thing the sheople need educating upon
was this member mandleson,s  gardener at the time  by any chance??