Middleton Huts

Started by admin, January 02, 2018, 02: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stig of the Seaton Dump

A Labour councillor saying it is not about partisan politics.
So why doesn't he drop the Labour tag and become independent ?

I don't believe it.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: Lucy Lass-Tick on January 18, 2018, 12: PM
More from McLaughlin's Facebook page ... there's something very strange about this ...

'Last week I lobbied the Chair of the Regeneration committee Kevin Cranney and several committee members as well as the Leader of the Council Christopher Akers-Belcher to try and rescind the early termination of the Lease on Middleton Road for the Cabin owners. This was accepted should the Cabin owners place in writing their commitment to pay the entirety of the rent.

Attempts were made to convey this to the Cabin Owners over the weekend, prior to the Regeneration committee on Monday 15th January. This proved difficult due to maintenance work on the Council's email service.
Why would you need to use the Council's email service, others are available aren't they?
Discussions at the Regeneration committee in the 15th January confirmed what had been agreed the previous week.
I'd be staggered if it wasn't confirmed
I am glad to see this has unlocked the stalemate and that further discussions between the Cabin Owners and Council officials are now planned.
Peace in our time?
It is entirely possible that Councillors, independent of each other worked towards a common aim. This is not about partisan politics, it is about Councillor effectiveness.
Such restrained modesty.
I have no doubt other councillors worked tirelessly with the Cabin Owners, but they did not engage in direct communication with the elected persons on the Regeneration Committee who could affect change in Favour for the Cabin Owners, prior to the Regeneration Committee on the 15th January, as I did.
Even more modesty, where does this end?
For a Councillor to be effective they must talk to the right people and vitally, talk directly to those that can affect a change for your cause, not those that already agree with you.'
You mean those in your party, who I'd assume would listen to you, as opposed to the other councillors who aren't in your party?
Interesting to see that the 'likes' on the page include CAB & some of the faithful retainers  ...
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Stig of the Seaton Dump

Do you think he actually wrote it or did the Dear Leader have a hand in it ?
I don't believe it.

Lucy Lass-Tick

Quote from: Stig of the Seaton Dump on January 18, 2018, 03: PM

Interesting thought - he 'liked' it on Facebook so must approve.

mk1

Perhaps the hut owners can let us know how many times they have had a face-to-face meeting with the good Doctor?
Anyone seen his dog getting exercised recently?

kevplumb

Quote from: Lucy Lass-Tick on January 18, 2018, 03: PM
Quote from: Stig of the Seaton Dump on January 18, 2018, 03: PM

Interesting thought - he 'liked' it on Facebook so must approve.

It's got belchers sticky paw prints all over it
load of didn't we do well propaganda
A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment

Inspector Knacker

Hang about, there was punctuation, correct spelling and BIG words, so that eliminates the usual suspects. Oh, it wasn't in felt tip or wax crayon either, so it eliminates them completely.

Inspector Knacker

The long distance Councillor is still being kept in the spotlight with such Uriah Heep fawning, so is it a sign the great communicator and visionary will be our next MP after all and the present incumbent merely keeping the seat warm?

mk1

They are still fighting like ferrets in a sack. Its hard to  keep up with who is stabbing who in the back at the moment.  You have to check the 'likes' to find out  which group is doing down the other.  Didn't take long for the new intake to fall into line and suck up to The SCABs in the hope they get a council seat. Principles go out of the window when you are 'on a promise' from The Dear Leader.

https://www.facebook.com/CllrMikeMcLaughlin/posts/531482183894026?comment_id=531722507203327&reply_comment_id=531895397186038&comment_tracking=%7B%22tn%22%3A%22R2%22%7D

mk1

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on January 18, 2018, 04: PM
The long distance Councillor is still being kept in the spotlight with such Uriah Heep fawning, so is it a sign the great communicator and visionary will be our next MP after all and the present incumbent merely keeping the seat warm?
Huge gap in his Facebook page from Dec to this.

Does he have a normal Facebook page as well as his Councillor one?

Lucy Lass-Tick

Quote from: mk1 on January 18, 2018, 05: PM

Yes  - even more out of date. https://www.facebook.com/mike.mclaughlin.16

mk1

Yep that must be it. No one can see you.

Reminds me of the old woman who complained about  the people over the road:

' I sat in my window from 8 in the morning until 8 at night watching their house to see if they were spying on me..........

fred c

Yes but nothing on it...... Since October 2012.......... if they are going to this bother to keep him as a councillor......... I can well see the de-selection /Binning of the present incumbent.

kevplumb

Yep that must be it. No one can see you.

Reminds me of the old woman who complained about  the people over the road:

' I sat in my window from 8 in the morning until 8 at night watching their house to see if they were spying on me..........

to be fair you have to give him one thing
if your ever behind him in the bookies see what he backs
and avoid it like the plauge
his track record of backing losers is second to none ;D
A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment

Johnny Bongo

Hang about, there was punctuation, correct spelling and BIG words, so that eliminates the usual suspects. Oh, it wasn't in felt tip or wax crayon either, so it eliminates them completely.

Isn't it EFFECT rather than Affect....just a thought!