Mayoral Duties

Started by jeffh, December 19, 2016, 03: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeffh

Interesting snippet from the HBC website -

Ceremonial Mayor roles, functions and responsibilities
The Ceremonial Mayor and in their absence the Deputy Ceremonial Mayor will have the following roles, functions and responsibilities;
i) be first citizen of the Borough;
ii) uphold and promote the purposes of the Constitution;
iii) preside over meetings of the Council so that its business can be carried out efficiently and with regard to the rights of Members and the interests of the community;
iv) ensure that the Council meeting is a forum for the debate of matters of concern to the local community and a place at which Members can ask questions of the Chairs of Committees and Sub-Committees;
v) promote public involvement in the Council's activities;
vi) be the conscience of the Council; and
vii) attend, with the Ceremonial Mayor's consort, the following civic and ceremonial functions (at which both the Ceremonial Mayor and the Ceremonial Mayor's consort will be entitled to wear the appropriate chains (or the Deputy Ceremonial Mayor and consort if substituting for the Ceremonial Mayor and consort):

Item v ?...............I don't think so

kevplumb

true but that clashes with item  ii   on account of the fact that belcher changes it to suit himself and the sheep vote yeah
A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment

fred c

It would be a good idea for all the users of this form to copy & paste this post in an email to.....

Alexander
Devlin
Cook
CAB
SAB
Beck
Craney
MD
Carl

Reading the supposed duties of the Ceremonial Mayors function, show ex z ctly how far the LabTor Mob have gone in dismantling the local democratic process. :( :( :(

kevplumb

A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!

fred c

Quote from: kevplumb on December 19, 2016, 04: PM
mines gone to cook  ;D

I'm gonna spend half an hour in the morning sending mine........ of course it won't make any difference, but its in lieu of a Christmas Card.

kevplumb

my logic ???
was he is the man supposedly doing the job (proudly holding his chest out) as i belive he told the snail
so go straight for the bo*locks  ;)