Jo Cox

Started by admin, June 16, 2016, 07: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

Brendan Cox, the husband of murdered Labour MP Jo Cox, has released a statement following the MP's death.

"Today is the beginning of a new chapter in our lives. More difficult, more painful, less joyful, less full of love. I and Jo's friends and family are going to work every moment of our lives to love and nurture our kids and to fight against the hate that killed Jo.

"Jo believed in a better world and she fought for it every day of her life with an energy, and a zest for life that would exhaust most people.

"She would have wanted two things above all else to happen now, one that our precious children are bathed in love and two, that we all unite to fight against the hatred that killed her. Hate doesn't have a creed, race or religion, it is poisonous.

"Jo would have no regrets about her life, she lived every day of it to the full."

Brendan Cox
Husband of Jo Cox

Lucy Lass-Tick

The words of a real gentleman and all-round decent human being. 

mk1

Once you start scapegoating the bong-eyed loonies become emboldened.......

mk1

Information about the suspect is slowly coming out. It seems  he is a far-right  ex Nazi with  connections to a South African group dedicated to keeping 'South Africa White'. I wonder if he has previous convictions for weapon possesion?

https://www.splcenter.org/hatewatch/2016/06/16/alleged-killer-british-mp-was-longtime-supporter-neo-nazi-national-alliance

The South African nazis were trying to track the suspect down as late as 2006 because they considered him such a fervent supporter.

'One reference came from in a newsletter from pro-Apartheid group The Springbok Club, which in 2006 put a "where are you now" call for a Thomas Mair. The newsletter said Mair had recently moved from his "last known address in the Fieldhead Estate district" of Bistrall, adding that he was one of the earliest subscribers to the South African Patriot. The South African Patriot was a magazine founded in the 1980s, which described itself as being "consistent in its editorial stance" in rejecting communism, multi-culturalism, political correctness and expansionist Islam.'

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/jo-cox-dies-did-suspect-tommy-mair-have-far-right-connections-1565910

The threat of the Far Right is real and they hope to evade notice by  infiltrating mainstream racist parties  and gaining a veneer of respectability. I think any party that allows militant far-right activists with a history of violence into its ranks is a disgrace. These people are ticking time-bombs.

Paperwork showing the current suspect's  purchase of terrorist books and literature.

Perhaps he had a bust of Hitler in his house as well?

for fawkes sake

The more that I hear of Jo Cox the more I admire her. What a great shame that we will not get to see what she would have achieved if she had been given the chance of a full life.
"Remember, remember the fifth of November.
Gunpowder, Treason and Plot.
I see no reason why Gunpowder Treason
Should ever be forgot."

not4me

The lady was one of the genuine ones by the sound of it - one of the few. Terrible that this should have happened in this country, makes you wonder where we are heading.

mk1

This is one of the books the killer ordered. It is a Nazi handbook

http://der-fuehrer.org/bucher/english/Ich%20Kaempfe%20-%20I%20Fight.pdf

Clearly the man is a far-right terrorist.

steveL

mm...giving Adolph a literary plug ....... ?
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.