Radio Tees Interviews and the Local Plan

Started by admin, May 25, 2014, 08: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The timeline does make sense in a lot of respects but I wouldn't rule out some of the wider economic thinking being part of it, I know Carney's comments were more recent but this government, the previous one and the opposition have all made noises about building their way way out of trouble.

If I had to put money on it I'd agree that an incentive to an individual or group of individuals has been made.

In the past governments have been known to turn a blind eye to incompetence when the incompetence is achieving their aims so that if it all goes horribly wrong, they then have a scapegoat or at least someone to point a distracting finger at.

for fawkes sake

I think Carney's comments were more aimed at the South East where house prices have been crazy for years. The problem up here in the colonies is one of affordable housing and developers like Wynyard Developments aren't interested in that sort of thing. I think there is a rush among all these developers to be first off the block thereby being able to command higher prices. If all 7,000 houses were being built at once there would be a downward pressure on sale prices.
"Remember, remember the fifth of November.
Gunpowder, Treason and Plot.
I see no reason why Gunpowder Treason
Should ever be forgot."

marky

I reckon CAB has been well and truly sussed on this one and has now totally lost the argument about what the scrapping of the local plan was all about. It was all about Wynyard; he knows it and now everyone else knows it. The mystery remains what the motivation was. Solve that mystery and the missing last piece of this corrupt jigsaw will be found.

fred c

Quote from: 0094994 on May 30, 2014, 05: PM

If I had to put money on it I'd agree that an incentive to an individual or group of individuals has been made.

Doh..... am i correct in thinking an incentive is the same as a "Bung" ?

That couldn`t happen in little ol Hartlepool..... Could It ?

brassed off monkey

I heard a little dickie bird mention a villa in Portugal, there are ways and means and i feel sure developers would certainly have the ways and the means.

testing times

Interesting that CAB continues to attempt to play down the amount of taxpayer's money thrown away during this appalling episode. He states that £1.2m of the £1.5m cost of the original local plan doesn't really count because it was staff salaries which would have had to be paid anyway.

On one level this is undeniably true, but for the period those staff members were being paid the £1.2m they were spending all of their time working on a plan which would ultimately end up in the office litter basket; the equivalent of paying them to sit around for 5 years twiddling their thumbs doing nothing.

CAB is perhaps the only person in town who is unable to recognise this for the utter waste of taxpayer's money that it was made worse by his constant bleating about how Governments cuts have made life difficult for the council.

steveL

They say nature abhors a vacuum. In Christopher Akers-Belcher's case, for vacuum read 'untimely pause' which in panic he seems to habitually fill with the first thing that comes into his head - invariably a whopping great lie.

I'd love to see this guy in a live, one-to-one debate with Brash. At a guess CAB would last about 7 minutes before being reduced to a shapeless, amoeboid blob frantically oozing its way to the nearest exit.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

steveL

Quote from: brassed off monkey on May 30, 2014, 05: PM
I heard a little dickie bird mention a villa in Portugal, there are ways and means and i feel sure developers would certainly have the ways and the means.

Oh if only we had some facts to confirm this was the case.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

craig finton

If you listen to all the three bits of this interview you'll hear Damien Wilson saying that apart from a few enquiries there have been no actual planning applications. Even the Mail headlines over the last few weeks tell us all otherwise. I get the impression these people are prepared to say anything to dig themselves out of the mire.

If you listen to Damien Wilson talking generally I'd guess you'd normally just hear him lying his a**se off.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: craig finton on May 31, 2014, 08: PM
If you listen to all the three bits of this interview you'll hear Damien Wilson saying that apart from a few enquiries there have been no actual planning applications. Even the Mail headlines over the last few weeks tell us all otherwise.
Isn't that like saying we've planted a massive minefield but don't worry because no one's been blown up yet.......?
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.