Council Loan for Pools

Started by fred c, March 22, 2018, 07: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kevplumb

Quote from: Stig of the Seaton Dump on March 23, 2018, 01: PM
I thought you had to be licensed to be a money lender ?

What rate of interest ?
If it is 0% then it is a loss to the tax payer through inflation.
the rate of interest is zero

and as well as inflation don't forget the loss of interest on the sum loaned

yet another astute business deal by the clowns  ::)
A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment

mk1

Interesting to see people who previously castigated The  Council  for being profilagate are now falling over themselves to defend  largesse when it is heading their way. I guess blatant self-interest is, and always has been,  the deciding factor in any political decision.  'Fill my boots and I will turn a blind-eye when you fill yours'.
There were mentions in January that the Council had lent Pools money 'on the QT'. Perhaps this is just the first loan to be revealed?

fred c

This kind of arbitrary behaviour by Alexander and CAB should be questioned by all councillors not just the Indie's, labour and tory councilors need to ask how this decision was arrived at.

Inspector Knacker

What exactly is the criteria for approving such loans? Surely these can't be approved just on a whim?
Who approves the loan?
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Heknocks68

Is this the straw that broke Mr. Devlins back, recount the interview with hufc supporters trust representatives, ref, "non disclosure agreement" is this why they were effectivley "gagged" up to you, just hope my local club can and will, bounce back

Inspector Knacker

According to the Mail; 
Councillor Akers-Belcher added: "Working alongside senior Council officers, Ray Martin-Wells and I have carefully considered the latest request from Hartlepool United to provide a temporary loan of £77,500".
Precedent set ?
I assume there is now a documented qualifying criteria and other local employers will be able to apply for such assistance ?
I would imagine that 'Swanko del Posh Perms for Poodles' and ' Itchy Billy Drain Services' have a limited fan base?

fred c

Proof if proof were needed that a Labour / Tory coalition is running the town.

Inspector Knacker

I understand this is the second loan.

isolde

it will certainly get them a lot of votes  :(

fred c

Not so sure.... Look North had a piece on it last night, they spoke to 4 members of the public, 2 were in favour and 2 against...... tbh, it isn't just about loaning the money, it's the blatant Electioneering that is really annoying...