Alternatives to UKIP?

Started by Stranger in a Strange ..., October 19, 2014, 11: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mk1

Quote from: Ryehill on October 24, 2014, 05: PM
MK1 could you confirm that is the case or will we be subject to more of your red herrings?

Another cop out.
Someone in UKIP must have a view on the sneaky way Nigel pretends his wife works for another MEP so they can keep the allowance. Enough  of you have  castigated Wright for doing it so why not admit Farage is also at it.

Stranger in a Strange ...

Recently UKIP have certainly had a disproportionate amount of press coverage considering how little presence they have in Parliament.  I am sure the SNP, Green Party etc are very unhappy with that.  As regards performance in Hartlepool: in 2010 UKIP managed to get 680 votes more than BNP but the Tories were still 8,000 votes ahead.  Even if I try to put my concerns regarding UKIP policies to one side I really don't see them as being anywhere near being a serious contender. 

mk1

Quote from: Stranger in a Strange ... on October 24, 2014, 06: PM
  As regards performance in Hartlepool: in 2010 UKIP managed to get 680 votes more than BNP but the Tories were still 8,000 votes ahead.  Even if I try to put my concerns regarding UKIP policies to one side I really don't see them as being anywhere near being a serious contender.

Even with 8,000 or 10,000 votes the Tories are not a serious contender.

clav 73

Let's face it if the Torys put a some one up for election it doesn't have to be Shane the sheep of West Park will vote for them and split the vote so iain wrong wins and you can bet the collation will put some one forward

The new slogan for the hartlepool conservative party should be helping labour win here for 50 years.

Shane before you jump in and say you can win RMW has put a block on that with his support of the scabs most people on hear say nice things about you personally but how far behind David (I won't stand in another ward) riddle did you finish not even second I voted for him as he was the best chance for change under normal circumstances after his statement on wards I would not have

DRiddle

Clav, I was asked by many MANY people from Hart to stand. So keeping in mind the car crash that I could see coming between May 2014 and 2015, I did.

Personally only NOW do I think we're seeing a genuine opposition to Labour within HBC, that being attack dogs from PHF and some independents calling the Akers-Belchers to account.

The Conservatives are literally NO opposition in Hartlepool.

They're part of the problem. They're essentially councillors 20, 21 and 22 in the Labour Party.

That's there for all to see.

clav 73

I agree about the Tory councillors that's why Wright why tory running for MP has no chance

SRMoore

Quote from: DRiddle on October 24, 2014, 08: PM
The current* Conservative Councillors* are literally NO opposition in Hartlepool.

They're part of the problem. They're essentially councillors 20, 21 and 22 in the Labour Party.

That's there for all to see.

*Fixed

The smell of change seems to have been blown in to town on the back of ex-hurricane Gonzales.

DRiddle

I heard an interesting story that at the last West Park residents meeting, certain Tory councillors blamed little old ME for the current situation within HBC.

Yes George, it was me who ripped up the town plan.

It was me who was a trustee at Manor Residents Association.

It was me who started a multitude of CICs all funded by the public purse.

It was me who voted to spend half a million quid on a pub in a cemetery.

Etc etc.

Only in Hartlepool . . .

one direction

If the size of your ego decided who became Hartlepool MP then no doubt about it that Cllr "Only in the ward I live" "AttackDog" Riddle   would be adead cert lol

steveL

Assuming no unplanned c**k-ups, I'm expecting UKIP to win next May chiefly because Wright has lost all credibility over the hospital and because of what I would call the 'f*c* 'em all', man-in-a-monkey-suit factor.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

steveL

Quote from: one direction on October 24, 2014, 11: PM
If the size of your ego decided who became Hartlepool MP then no doubt about it that Cllr "Only in the ward I live" "AttackDog" Riddle   would be adead cert lol

Oh that old chant.....   :-\
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

mk1

Mican

Quote from: mk1 on October 24, 2014, 01: PM

This bit was interesting:

Last year, France contributed almost €1bn to Britain's rebate, while Italy contrbuted €718m

So was this: France received €10 billion from CAP.

clav 73

mk1

Quote from: Mican on October 25, 2014, 10: AM

So was this: France received €10 billion from CAP.

You can salami slice any figures you care to bring up but the fact is France and Germany contributed more to the EU than the UK. That means they put in more than the UK.