Alternatives to UKIP?

Started by Stranger in a Strange ..., October 19, 2014, 11: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mk1

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/financialcrisis/9643193/EU-budget-who-pays-what-and-how-it-is-spent.html

It can hardly be called a left wing paper either. Note the UK was 3rd largest contributer after Germany and France.

This bit was interesting:

Last year, France contributed almost €1bn to Britain's rebate, while Italy contrbuted €718m

Oh dear, what do we make of that little Englanders?

Can we compare it to todays hysterical shrieking of:

Brussels accountants are also preparing to give France back £790 million as its economy performed less well than Britain's

beanzontoast

Well thats interesting,  money due on the 30th and a couple of days later Mark Rekless will up for election on a UKIP ticket, me thinks if he pays the money more defections to UKIP from both Labour and conservatives, and Cameron will be out. Will our Mayor still be there to steady the ship,

Ryehill

MK1 the newspaper article to which you refer was dated October 2012 and related to the year 2011.

mk1

Quote from: Ryehill on October 24, 2014, 01: PM
  MK1 the newspaper article to which you refer was dated October 2012 and related to the year 2011.

I know. Thats why I used the words 'was' and later 'today'.
I am afraid I do not have access to bang-up-to-date accounts but can you tell me if you knew France was 'forced' to give a €1bn handout to the UK would you have complained or are you one of those type of people who only complain when it is their turn to support the friend who carried you in your time of hardship?
Are you such a freeloader?

Ryehill

I think you are ,once again, trying to muddy the water. The whole subject of E.U finances is very complicated but I do know that France is,historically, a net contributor. What happened in 2011 is history .What happened this week is more relevant. First of all Barroso tells Cameron that,despite wide spread concerns , free movement of labour is non negotiable and to restrict it would be illegal.  A couple of days later we are told that we have to contribute another £1.8 in order to help other struggling countries, including that powerhouse economy Germany.I think that under E.U. law this demand is also illegal.Bearing in mind P.S. workers have not had a pay rise for 4 years in think that this is a demand which should be rejected.It will be very interesting to see what happens. 

mk1

Quote from: Ryehill on October 24, 2014, 03: PM
. What happened in 2011 is history .What happened this week is more relevant. First of all Barroso tells Cameron that,despite wide spread concerns , free movement of labour is non negotiable and to restrict it would be illegal.  A couple of days later we are told that we have to contribute another £1.8 in order to help other struggling countries, including that powerhouse economy Germany.

Perhaps you should 'research' the issue before making such an idiotic linkage?
Not that I believe for a second you are interested. For years the others give the UK handouts and come the time it is out turn to pull our weight then suddenly the  rules are 'rigged'.
Would it pique your curiosity if I told you it was part of a UK recalculation of its earnings that now includes the wages  of ......................prostitutes!

Stranger in a Strange ...

Does anyone know if any of the other parties are going to field decent candidates?  I remember Jody Dunn in 2005 - she seemed to give them a run for their money.  Or an independent candidate?

Ryehill

MK1 you produce data which is 3 years  old then call me an idiot for linking 2 pieces of news from this week . The link is that they show the E.U. for what it is . Unworkable. Now would you be good enough to tell me in which years did this country receive hand outs from the E.U. Not rebates but handouts.

mk1

Quote from: Ryehill on October 24, 2014, 04: PM
MK1 you produce data which is 3 years  old then call me an idiot for linking 2 pieces of news from this week .

Well let me put it this way. If you had more up to date information which proved me wrong you would have posted it. So far all I see is the Victor Meldrew defence- 'I don't believe it'.

The link is that they show the E.U. for what it is . Unworkable.

Oh I get it.
We get handouts-it works fine.
We lose the handouts-it's unworkable.
Gotcha.
Now would you be good enough to tell me in which years did this country receive hand outs from the E.U. Not rebates but handouts.

Rebate/handout. It all depends on the  way you see things.
I suppose you are also one who believes Mr and Mrs Farage are not milking the system by pretending she now works for another UKIP MEP. I have asked UKIP members here how they feel about that and  do  you know not one has replied.
Why do you think that is?
Double standards maybe?
I have seen all these 'new dawns' before. Farage is a perfect establishment figure. Public School, City Trader. In hock to big business men who bankroll him. You may have been fooled but  I am not so gullible.

Lets have a little quiz.
Which Party Leader said:
"The nig-nogs will never vote for us"?

mk1

Quote from: Stranger in a Strange ... on October 24, 2014, 04: PM
Does anyone know if any of the other parties are going to field decent candidates?  I remember Jody Dunn in 2005 - she seemed to give them a run for their money.  Or an independent candidate?

It all depends what you want to achieve. You can vote for someone who has no chance of unseating Wright if you are one who wants to remain true to your principles. When the votes are counted and Wrighty is celebration his re-election at least you will know you did the 'right thing'
You can also be practical. Pick the front runner and back him. I think we all agree UKIP are not goint to get anywhere near power so what difference will it make if we have a UKIP MP who achieves nothing rather than a Labour MP who achieves nothing.
At the very least it will put a bomb under the local Labour machine. Who knows who will fall with wright.

Be realistic. A  Liberal or Conservatives vote is a wasted vote and no other local character is going to dent Wrights loyal vote. Labour always win because they are the biggest minority. Remember that, the  biggest minority. If all the other minorities club together Labour are shafted. A split vote is a Labour Victory.
The Tory postion in May is going to be tricky.
Over to Shane for that one...........

Ryehill

As I said in an earlier post E.U. finance is a very complicated business.It appears that our P.M. and Chancellor are not fully aware of the how it works. G.B. pays a high price for membership of the E.U. currently about £10 billion a year. Each year we receive a variable rebate but never have we received back more than we put in. MK1 could you confirm that is the case or will we be subject to more of your red herrings?

SRMoore

Quote from: Stranger in a Strange ... on October 24, 2014, 04: PM

Yes, the Conservative Party will be fielding a candidate in the general election with every intention of fighting tooth and nail to take this seat from Iain Wright (as we did in 2010 and came just 5510 votes short of taking the seat vs the 13586 UKIP were short by).

Despite the rhetoric, it is only a strong Conservative candidate with a local link that can unseat Iain and that's what we intend to do.

DRiddle

This whole thread is basically irrelevant. If UKIP take Hartlepool next May it'll be nothing to do with the EU. It'll be nothing to do with immigration in a borough that's 98%+ white. If UKIP win it'll be because Iain wright and the Akers-belchers have made a balls of governing the safest Labour town in England.

Nothing more, nothing less.

It's a protest vote.

DRiddle

And if Shane stands he'll hand the seat to Iain for another 5 years.

mk1

Quote from: SRMoore on October 24, 2014, 05: PM

Despite the rhetoric, it is only a strong Conservative candidate with a local link that can unseat Iain and that's what we intend to do.

Thats it then, were fu*cked.