Alternatives to UKIP?

Started by Stranger in a Strange ..., October 19, 2014, 11: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryehill

I think it would be useful if Guy Fawkes would define what is the exact role of a ward councillor. Only then can we judge whether the two U.K.I.P. councillors are as ineffective as he suggests.

steveL

Quote from: SRMoore on November 03, 2014, 02: PM
I've been much more vocal than you and your fellow UKIP councillor has been since being elected.

I appreciate how desperate you are to know whether I will be standing since I refused UKIPs three offers of being their Prospective Parliamentary Candidate in Hartlepool before you settled for Phil, and you'll have known the answer if you actually bothered to take notice. Since you haven't I guess you'll have to wait for the official announcement.

I hope you do stand in May, Shane - everyone needs a hobby. If I was you though, I would post-date your deposit cheque and make sure you don't use a Niramax cheque like your mate Ray did to pay for his charity dinner table.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

steveL

Quote from: Ryehill on November 04, 2014, 09: AM
  I think it would be useful if Guy Fawkes would define what is the exact role of a ward councillor. Only then can we judge whether the two U.K.I.P. councillors are as ineffective as he suggests.

You mean you don't know?
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

for fawkes sake

Quote from: Ryehill on November 04, 2014, 09: AM

To represent and champion the personal interests of their ward constituents and to represent their more general interests in council by active participation, which basically means not sitting there like two bookends leaving others to do the work.
"Remember, remember the fifth of November.
Gunpowder, Treason and Plot.
I see no reason why Gunpowder Treason
Should ever be forgot."

steveL

Bookends. Weird because I used the same word to describe them just the other day.

UKIP's problem in the council is that it was two of the foot soldiers that got elected last may leaving the lieutenants in the long grass. They do have more alert people in their ranks.

one direction

Quote from: steveL on November 04, 2014, 10: AMUKIP's problem in the council is that it was two of the foot soldiers that got elected last may leaving the lieutenants in the long grass. They do have more alert people in their ranks.

Ah you have highlighted what many people think is a huge problem with democracy! The wrong people keep getting elected! I blame the voters, if they can't vote sensibly then they shouldn't be allowed to vote at all or they should only be offered one candidate to vote for then they don't need to make choices that they are obviously not up to making correctly.

beanzontoast

The 2 ukip councillors only got elected in may, and the only points to come before the council of note are the Mayor,  the Domes, and the landfill, I won't mention the domes or landfill, as for the mayor UKIP want him just where he is as membership to UKIP is on the in Hartlepool, and im told the main reason is the mayor, long may he continue to do what he does best make himself a liability and embarrassment not only to himself and the role of mayor but to the labour party and Hartlepool and the residents who live there.

Lord Elpus

Beanz, your in a parallal universe.

fred c

FFS............. close this thread............. Plzzzzzzzzzz

mk1

Quote from: Mican on October 28, 2014, 12: PM

Annabelle Fuller(Alleged mistress) strenuously denies the allegations of an affair, which came about in March after Ukip defector Nikki Sinclaire used parliamentary privilege to name her during a debate in the European Parliament.

She is no longer denying it:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5073475/Political-aide-Nigel-Farage-comes-clean-affair.html

Nigel Farage has systematically lied about an affair with a vulnerable former aide spanning more than a decade, The Mail on Sunday can reveal.
The former Ukip leader is accused of breathtaking hypocrisy by his former lover, who claims she was told to keep the relationship secret at all costs – to help save Brexit.
In an explosive interview, Annabelle Fuller, once a speechwriter and trusted adviser to the party and its leader, says she and Farage, a married man more than 17 years her senior, had a sexual relationship dating from 2004 until October last year.