100k from Children in Need to HFF

Started by perseus, December 29, 2012, 11: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

perseus

Fair play to Councillor Thompson on this one I say.

http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/local/100-000-children-in-need-boost-1-5258680

This is how organisations like this should be funded. Proper fundraising, and contributions from a national charity like children in need. This is the kind of thing i have no issue at all with. A physical tangible service that you can actually see doing things for the kids of the town.

Hopefully, this is the kind of GOOD thing an inquiry will highlight.

marky

I admire your misplaced optimism, Perseus. The man pays himself and his spouse a full-time salary out of this (we know not how much) yet still finds the time to run another company and pursue other interests which all seem to revolve around public funds.

fred c

All our Councillors need to do to dispel any suspicions, is to agree to an Independent Inquiry.

It would be the Simple & Honest thing to do in the interest of Councillors & Ratepayers alike.

A simple guide as to which councillors may be "At It"............is to look at how they vote when the time comes.

I don`t think you need to be a rocket scientist to appreciate why some councillors would want to avoid an Independent Inquiry like the plague.

testing times

I think an enquiry will be long-winded and used as an opportunity to push everything into the long grass. I can't see a reason why they can't decide now to in future publicly declare all sources of income either to themselves or to any organisations to which they are connected i.e. indirect income. They don't have to say how much income; just from where it comes.