Bahhh Pot Holes

Started by Stig of the Seaton Dump, December 28, 2012, 03: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stig of the Seaton Dump

Tis the season to be jolly ..then thud as the car's suspension gets trashed going over a pot hole.

They are spreading faster than breeding rabbits and the weather hasn't been that bad this winter.

What do they make the roads out of these days ...liquorice ?

Plus I have noticed lots of bad repairs too ...the recent works lear Sainsbury's in Station Lane Seaton look to have been resurfaced by a 3 year old.
All the other old roadworks are sinking too, meaning a thud when you cross them, Marina Way, Church Street and lots of others are an embarrassment
to the town.

Utility companies should not be allowed to resurface roads themselves, they should pay the council for a professional job to be completed (by a reputable third party)
plus there should be an additional large payment made for digging up newly resurfaced roads as an encouragement to tunnel instead. 
I don't believe it.

norfolkngoode

Road surface repairs in this country are generally very poor. Drive along Tees road past Tioxide and have a look at the repair the water board made years ago after laying a new water main! Murderous if you are a motorcyclist (and I am). Yes road repairs should be left to professionals.

All we need now is a decent cold snap and things will be a million times worse, there is that much standing water ready to lift the road surface once its frozen.
'They don't like it up em'

fred c

The Empire can Strike Back !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This Link is a really useful site to report " Pot Holes "..... it only takes a few minuts to Indentify your location & the site does the rest.

http://www.fixmystreet.com/

But like a lot of things........... People need to actually "DO" something about a problem.