is this true ?

Started by mr ben, April 26, 2019, 06: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Land Phil

Quote from: SRMoore on April 28, 2019, 04: PM
I don't believe the land at old town is owned by HBC and to be blunt, residents of Seaton didn't want a Crazy Golf course on the sea front there so the prospect of these cabins moving there wouldn't have gone down well either. Let's be honest.

That was the whole point by the Seaton residents, they didn't' want the Cliffe developing but there is plenty of room on Seaton front away from the residential stretch.

fred c

LP.....Exactly the point I was making, the council Planning Dept can pass the CG with support from councillors, so they could have made a compound / fenced area behind the bus shelter on the same patch of land were the fun fair is located.

Ok that's speculation on my part, but drive along the sea front at Redcar, there's cobles and tractors parked along there, fishermen are still working from there, meanwhile in Hartlepool we bulldoze 70 or 80 years of the town heritage.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: fred c on April 28, 2019, 05: PM
LP.....Exactly the point I was making, the council Planning Dept can pass the CG with support from councillors, so they could have made a compound / fenced area behind the bus shelter on the same patch of land were the fun fair is located.
Will you stop bringing logic into it ;D ;D
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Land Phil

Apologies if I have misread posts, I' d Been out in the sun and that's my excuse.

I think I am on the same page as you.

SRMoore

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on April 28, 2019, 05: PM

I'm trying to be realistic here and not argumentative. We all know there is absolutely zero percent chance that these cabins would be moved to Seaton sea front and put in a compound along the promenade or behind the bus station. Residents wouldn't have it, no matter what you say to the contrary.

mk1

Quote from: SRMoore on April 28, 2019, 06: PM

I'm trying to be realistic here and not argumentative..............

Silly you.
In the current climate you have to take a firm stance early on  and under no circumstances budge an inch from your initial position. Only  the total unconditional surrender of the opposition is an acceptable outcome and you should never ever offer to compromise on anything. Anyone who takes a contrary view is to be traduced as  a member of the  'elite' and in the employ of the 'deep state'.  The 'mainstream press' is also your enemy and is to be ignored. Instead you should form your world-view by watching the demented Youtube   ramblings of some fat baldy old  bloke gurning into a webcam in his grubby kitchen.
Welcome to the rule of the stupid shouty-people!

SRMoore

Quote from: mk1 on April 28, 2019, 06: PM
Instead you should form your world-view by watching the demented Youtube   ramblings of some fat baldy old  bloke gurning into a webcam in his grubby kitchen.

Oh you're a subscriber to my channel then? 😂

fred c

Quote from: Land Phil on April 28, 2019, 06: PM
Apologies if I have misread posts, I' d Been out in the sun and that's my excuse.

I think I am on the same page as you.

I realised that LP.....  :)

fred c

Quote from: SRMoore on April 28, 2019, 06: PM
Quote from: Inspector Knacker on April 28, 2019, 05: PM

I'm trying to be realistic here and not argumentative. We all know there is absolutely zero percent chance that these cabins would be moved to Seaton sea front and put in a compound along the promenade or behind the bus station. Residents wouldn't have it, no matter what you say to the contrary.

I wasn't attempting to be argumentative, I realise Seaton wouldn't be an option I was making the point that when council committees ( certainly under the present regime) decide to grant planning permission they are often contrary to the opinions of residents......I also realise the work you have put in on this matter, but the fact remains an important part of the towns history has now disappeared, whilst millions of pounds have been spent on areas where millions of pounds have already been spent with no discernable improvements.

Inspector Knacker

What I find disturbing is the idea that the concept of the Middleton Cabins can be thought of as something which 'nice people' don't anywhere near them.
I'm sick of this town being in the 'cloying embrace' of people who are a tribute act to the 'look at me grand gesture school' of clueless local politics. I despair of this 'nowt to do with me guv, sorry, but I can't help' you attitude.
The cabin owners didn't start this mess, they were the victims. The politicians created this mess and it's their problem to solve.At the end of the day, no ifs, no buts, it was their making, sort it.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.