Cafe Head Scratch

Started by Stig of the Seaton Dump, July 31, 2018, 09: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stig of the Seaton Dump

I was looking for something unconnected and found one of the Akers-Belchers listing at companies house.

Checked both of them whilst I was there and neither were listed against anything that remotely sounded like the Rifty cafe.

If it is not a documented organisation, how can it have a bank account, annual accounts or any form of accountability.

Which begs the question, where do all the large kind donations get paid to ?
I don't believe it.

Lucy Lass-Tick

Companies House only lists businesses which are incorporated on a limited liability basis. Someone who operates, for example, as a sole trader wouldn't be listed.

Lord Elpus

A sole trader, seems to sum up the child in a mans body.

Apologies if that's too VIZ

Inspector Knacker

It asks a few questions  though.
The use of the word 'project' is interesting, so what are the aims of the project?
It sounds like a charity but apparently isn't,
So if it's not a charity, is it a business?
If it's a business it must have 'documentation.
What is it,? It all sounds so very vague.

Who owns the building, is rent and utilities being  paid for  the use of the building ?
So many questions.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

fred c

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on July 31, 2018, 01: PM
It asks a few questions  though.
The use of the word 'project' is interesting, so what are the aims of the project?
It sounds like a charity but apparently isn't,
So if it's not a charity, is it a business?
If it's a business it must have 'documentation.
What is it,? It all sounds so very vague.

Who owns the building, is rent and utilities being  paid for  the use of the building ?
So many questions.

I did ask the question of a senior officer, who would be responsible for the utility bills of the Cafe, the answer was, the business owner.

I also asked the question, what is the monthly rent of the Cafe, the answer was, that will appear in the councils next accounts.

The Charity Commission have no record of the 'Rifty Project', I pointed this out to the former Borough Solicitor, he offered the opinion that it was considered to be a good cause, I requested that the term "Nominated Charity" used by Big Fibber Beck should not be used by Beck in any of his endeavours, after a number emails to and fro from myself to the BS and he to Beck, he stopped using the nominated charity term.

The difficulty is finding out the circumstances under which the Rifty Project operates, who could or would be able to answer those questions, like lots of questions asked of this council answers aren't forthcoming.

Openess, Transparency and Accountability within HBC....That's another question

jeffh

Yes Fred I went along the same road with Devlin and the BIg Fibber - surely there has to be records somewhere detailing how much has been paid to the Rifty House Project

fred c

You would certainly think so, but that's not how it works with HBC..... They seem to operate on the basis of Whatever we Do..... Don't embarrass the Council.

Why for instance did it take so long to get the cops involved in the investigation into the circumstances surrounding MRA's accounts......Despite, the fact that problems with those accounts were well know, Wilcox was given time to "Sort them Out.......we all know what happened after that..

kevplumb

Quote from: fred cWilcox was given time to "Sort them Out
she sorted them out alright
how much wasn't accounted for  :o
A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: fred c on July 31, 2018, 04: PM

The difficulty is finding out the circumstances under which the Rifty Project operates, who could or would be able to answer those questions, like lots of questions asked of this council answers aren't forthcoming.

If a Councillor wants to open a cafe, why not do what everyone else would do. Get a property, fit it out and run it.
Why would the use of Council property be sanctioned, would it be open to any other prospective business to use the property?
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

jawsbbc

Quote from: Stig of the Seaton Dump on July 31, 2018, 09: AM
I was looking for something unconnected and found one of the Akers-Belchers listing at companies house.

Checked both of them whilst I was there and neither were listed against anything that remotely sounded like the Rifty cafe.

If it is not a documented organisation, how can it have a bank account, annual accounts or any form of accountability.

Which begs the question, where do all the large kind donations get paid to ?
WAS IT THIS YOU FOUND       https://companycheck.co.uk/company/06727809/AKERS-BELCHER-ASSOCIATES-LTD/companies-house-data
last year i was sent this by pm wonder if there is any truth in this one
  chris messed up by applying for a grant before it was publicly available this was supposed to run through a company set up by ste  the grant was for tackling obesity in children in Hartlepool. the company was awarded 10k but it looks like the company was never registered in company's house. they are so blatant about this now they just don't even bother trying to cover it up any more
Problem is this started years ago and they have been building cash up since and are now part of legitimate businesses.

Hartlepudlion

Have I missed something? Monies given to a dissolved company?

kevplumb

Quote from: jawsbbcchris messed up by applying for a grant before it was publicly available this was supposed to run through a company set up by ste  the grant was for tackling obesity in children in Hartlepool. the company was awarded 10k but it looks like the company was never registered in company's house. they are so blatant about this now they just don't even bother trying to cover it up any more
Problem is this started years ago and they have been building cash up since and are now part of legitimate businesses.
so where did the "grant money" go then?
As long as they have coppinger donating I doubt the local constabulary will be any hurry to start lifting stones
A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment

Lucy Lass-Tick

Does look to me as if this is something that never got off the ground. Did any money actually change hands or was it just to be made available once the company was launched? Going back ten years makes it hard to follow the trail. One point, however - the Akers-Belchers held much less power in the Drummond days, which this harks back to. Could this be being confused with the more recent Path2Wellness (another company which didn't get past the starting gate)?

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/09117506/officers