CAB complains about Shane for trying to do his job as a councillor . . .

Started by DRiddle, April 16, 2018, 12: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DRiddle

Typical labour spat, the jist of which is as follows.

Shane responds to a business persons concerns about loss of trade in Church Street and asks for a meeting with CAB, Cranney and Gill.

Shane's e-mail is ignored...

As if by magic Doctor Pothole then announces that HE has had a meeting with CAB, Cranney and Gill and HE has ensured business people on Church Street will potentially receive compensation for lost earnings.

Shane's e-mail is still ignored...

Shane, understandably unhappy at his e-mail being ignored expresses his frustration that a meeting seemingly took place WITHOUT him, despite him requesting it.

CAB THEN replies to Shane denying that any such meeting took place, stating he'd been away on holiday and claiming to have NOT met with Dr Pothole.

Dr Pothole quickly changes his facebook message from "met with" to "spoken with" having been shown to be not factually accurate with his message.

CAB then reports Shane to the monitoring officer for the tone and content of his frustrated e-mail.

Shane is now looking at a breach of the code of conduct charge. For the TONE of an e-mail.

This is the same Labour/council leader who as yet has said nothing about TWO members of his own group using the members lounge as their own personal social club come election campaign base AND telling me to 'eff right off'.

Same old same old. Spite, vindictiveness and a spineless CEO.

mk1

Here you can see the original and corrected version of the message.
Clearly the 'I met today with' is  total fiction and because he did not warn dumb  CAB he was  (unwittingly) exposed.
The Doc is a bald-faced liar and now we have the proof he simply makes things up.

fred c

The 'Tone in an Email'...... I have screen shots of the Deary Me Leader accusing Fred Corbett of assaulting an old age pensioner on social media...... absolutely nothing was done about it by the Monitoring Officer......

None of expect anything else from the Jumped up Benefits Clerk and to be blunt, we have come to expect nothing else of the CEO.........

As for Doc Pothole..........he certainly had second thoughts about his "Meeting"..... which very Quickly Changed to "Spoke With"........ whoever said Politics is a Dirty Business must have lived in Hartlepool over the last few years.

mk1

Mike Hill take note. The Doc may have told you that he is not after your job but as you can clearly see on his Facebook page he tells porkies!

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: mk1 on April 16, 2018, 02: PM
Mike Hill take note. The Doc may have told you that he is not after your job but as you can clearly see on his Facebook page he tells porkies!
Now why would someone with a life and job in London and no apparent connection to the town want to be a Councillor in a town 250 miles from where they live? That defies like logic.
Every mini disaster seems to be solved by Dr Fixit stepping in to make it better by being the cool dude everyone admires (well in the party anyway). Pure farce.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

fred c

Between them they must have set a new world record for ar** licking..... :P

Johnny Bongo

With regard to the 'compensation package', where is the money coming from?  Is it from Council Tax? Or is it from the contractors, as sometimes they have a penalty clause (costing them money)  if they take longer to complete the job than the agreed time.  Fair enough, the weather hasn't helped...but this should have been accounted for in the agreed timescale...after all, this was Winter and this is Hartlepool, where we have our own unique weather pattern!  Can one of our independent Councillors please ask HBC to clarify the above questions. 

Stig of the Seaton Dump

Quote from: Johnny Bongo on April 16, 2018, 09: PM
With regard to the 'compensation package', where is the money coming from?  Is it from Council Tax? Or is it from the contractors, as sometimes they have a penalty clause (costing them money)  if they take longer to complete the job than the agreed time.  Fair enough, the weather hasn't helped...but this should have been accounted for in the agreed timescale...after all, this was Winter and this is Hartlepool, where we have our own unique weather pattern!  Can one of our independent Councillors please ask HBC to clarify the above questions.

What is the betting it is the same magic money tree that was shook for the 31% allowance rise.
I don't believe it.

Inspector Knacker

Businesses damaged, income lost, for what ? A narcissistic vanity project that I bet most of the public don't even notice the difference on completion. Mature trees butchered and roads and paving ripped up for what? More trees and paving. It ill becomes anyone to plead constant poverty then shamelessly indulge in in irrelevant nonsense like this, like someone saying they can't afford to feed their kids anymore, complaining to everyone they have no money yet buying a ornamental fish pond, telling everyone about it and utterly failing to grasp the irony.

Just a thought, but if CAB was on holiday, any idea where he went, time share at Seaton?

fred c

Are they going to regenerate Whitby Street, they are obviously spending a load of cash on the old post office, but directly opposite is a car wash, next block up is an empty indian restaurant, then a drug rehab place......the Alma is falling into disrepair.......on the plus side, there's a lap dancing pub and a wet fish shop.

What about Lynn Steet, some empty offices, a soon to be Christopher B De Akers Film Studio and the Market Hotel, current held together by scaffolding and surrounded by fences.

The scope of the SCABAL Visions is only limited by the Intellect of those who have them and the amount of Government Grants they can get to spend on them

seaton

Whilst I sympathise with traders Church wasn't exactly full of people using what ever Bars/Cafes/Hairdressers etc. If you are going down there it's on foot not by car as there is only limited free parking for short periods and if on an evening would you be taking the car if going for a drink ?
I think the traders are just using the excuse because of the closure for a loss of income, ok if that's the case submit the takings for the previous months before the roadworks then when the roadworks are complete submit the takings for the months the roadworks were ongoing.
If there is a significant fall in income yes they have a case.

Hartlepudlion

Surely no talk of compensation should be allowed until after the election. Otherwise what's the use of purdah? It would be unfairly influencing the vote which is, supposedly, not allowed.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: seaton on April 17, 2018, 10: AM
Whilst I sympathise with traders Church wasn't exactly full of people using what ever Bars/Cafes/Hairdressers etc. If you are going down there it's on foot not by car as there is only limited free parking for short periods and if on an evening would you be taking the car if going for a drink ?
I think the traders are just using the excuse because of the closure for a loss of income, ok if that's the case submit the takings for the previous months before the roadworks then when the roadworks are complete submit the takings for the months the roadworks were ongoing.
If there is a significant fall in income yes they have a case.
Beg to differ. There are businesses down there making a living or they wouldn't be there in the first place. Income must be affected, but compensation is debatable.
It could all have been avoided if the 'Visionaries' had just left things as they were.

mk1

Labour factions busy leaking against each other again. One of Hill's supporters sent me  a copy of the EMail where SAB  'accidentally' shows the Doc to be a liar.

Here is the relevant section:

There has been no meeting with Cllr McLaughlin. l have been on holiday
with my granddaughter and flew home only Thursday and then travelled to conference
for the National Association of Councillors on Friday

I can not post the original or the entire message in case it is marked to trace whistleblowers.

fred c

hahahahahaha... I have to laugh at this, what a two faced, back stabbing, self serving bunch of Merchant Bankers there are in the HCLP.......