Crazy Golf Course in Seaton Carew

Started by station cat, February 02, 2018, 08: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

station cat

Looks as though battle is about to commence over the positioning of a crazy golf course in Seaton Carew.

Stig of the Seaton Dump

I would put a fiver on the council passing it then losing an appeal.
I don't believe it.

fred c

Everything in the Regeneration plan for Seaton Carew is based south of Station Lane, that obviously makes sense it's the commercial heart of Seaton......there is also a lot of land behind the Clock Tower that was previously used for Crazy Golf and Pitch and Putt courses.

So the question is, why would the council allow a development that destroys part of the "Istry and Eritige" of Seaton Carews traditional sea front ?

Could it be that the recent by election whitewash of Labours Ann Marshall has left a bitter taste in the LabMobs mouth  ::)

station cat

Absolutely it could. That bitter taste is going to last a long long time.

mk1

Quote from: station cat on February 02, 2018, 10: AM
Absolutely it could. That bitter taste is going to last a long long time.

Lets see if Anth pops up on the Mail page defending it all. He appears to be the default spokesman after Labour authorised a hit on one half of the Andy Simms fake ID who just like Nicky he thought he was untouchable and  never saw it coming:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8t9x_y3vFic&t=2s

The other half is still in good standing and picking up Council IT contracts,

The Great Dictator

Crazy golf and huts, its like back to the 50s !

Lucy Lass-Tick

Wasn't CAB heard to say that he'd washed his hands of Seaton after Marshall performed so dismally in the last election? A six foot fence obscuring residents' sea views certainly looks like a kick in the teeth to me.

mk1

mk1

Or.....................................

fred c

As a kid I was brought up in Seaton Carew......in the 60's the shows, crazy golf, pitch and putt, roller skating rink, chalets and the tent and deck chairs were all busy during the summer months June to August, the numbers gradually tailed off as September passed.

Seaton Carew basically hibernated over the winter months, in fact my Dad took on a traditional fish and chip shop in the Boro because the XL only opened on a Friday and Saturday.

In recent years fortunately, businesses in the village have managed to stay viable over the winter period, but in the main they are food outlets........ will the beach chalets be available from October to March, will the Fountain be a year round attraction, will the sculpture be a tourist attraction, will the crazy golf be widely used over the winter ?

mk1's photographs were of a different era long sinced past, if by the spending of £1.3million pounds the council is hoping to bring those times back, I have my reservations, will that money bring improvements, probably..... time will tell.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: The Great Dictator on February 02, 2018, 11: AM

You'll have to get out more , huts are enjoying a boom time around the coast, better still if people can actually own them.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Stig of the Seaton Dump

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on February 02, 2018, 01: PM
Quote from: The Great Dictator on February 02, 2018, 11: AM

You'll have to get out more , huts are enjoying a boom time around the coast, better still if people can actually own them.

Done properly ...
https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/take-look-inside-blyth-beach-13343323
I don't believe it.

station cat

I'm sure crazy golf would go down well especially during school holidays. It's the placing of the course that is obviously the problem. Behind the bus station would surely be best.

Inspector Knacker

It all sounds very nice to the general public, a crazy golf course at Seaton, but they're good at that, however the devil is in the detail.
The unwritten rule is no such development north of Station Lane. However, they're aiming their spiel at visitors and local visitors votes, the locals can run up a shutter, they're irrelevant now. The six foot fence and various 'features' should assure a restricted view for residents, but they'll probably be told it's for the greater good. Destroying the character of the place, looks to have found it's start line.
What next then, go kart track on the green in a huge tin shed so the stuffy locals aren't bothered by the sound. The rest of the fron could become a open air music venue do our groovy leaders can appeal to and get down wiv da yoof. Finally they could build the Hartlepool Eye and then view their kingdom at leisure till the electorate finally wakes up
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

station cat

The electorate in this town is NEVER going to wake up!!