Tinker with the roads again..................

Started by mk1, October 18, 2017, 09: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mk1

When built there was  direct unbroken pedestrian  access to ASDA. Lancaster Road was closed off and  the present day 4 separate sets of lights were not there. The decision to open up Lancaster Road must have been taken later by one of then there highly qualified planning experts who decided the needs of the car owners were paramount and the needs of pedestrians did not enter into the equation.

seaton

Was it not opened to allow access to Morrison's ?

seaton

If they hadn't filled the subway in they could have done away with the pedestrian traffic lights ?

pieface

I'm guessing the planners drive fast go karts through town as you can certainly see through the current fencing onto the other side which is featureless anyhow.
They are like kids clueless on how to manage money. They unfortunately have been given yet another pot to waste away on bespoke items like new railings and traffic jam creating junctions.

Inspector Knacker

Church Street, the street that's had more surgery than a geriatric Hollywood sex symbol. So it's time to go under the the surgeons knife and emerge a beautiful swan, or possibly not. So it's six months of unnecessary traffic chaos to apparently plant a few trees and lay fresh paving, a few railings and the old girl will be restored to her former glory. I think not.
Just a thought, but how will vehicles acres the station?
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

steveL

anyone spot the subtle change from a pedestrianised Church Street in the 'Vision' to now just a pedestrianised Church Square?
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

mk1

Can't wait to plonk me bum on them there seets...........

Gustaf I of England + BWH

I can't wait to see what happens in a few years' time when those new, smaller trees have had the audacity to grow into big trees that obscure the buildings (the bas**ar*s). Government cuts obviously don't extend to tree pruning... Oh! sorry! - we don't do routine maintenance in Hartlepool do we.

john mathieson

Why don't they just make a better road out of hartlepool  and show the clowns the way out.