Decline.

Started by Inspector Knacker, July 04, 2017, 07: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crisstw

We used to have a fully functioning Hospital that provided some decent paid jobs. I'm sure the magistrates service also provided some decent paid jobs... They've been allowed to pretty much shutdown, there's not much left.

Sadly, Hartlepool doesn't have good enough transport links to attract businesses. If businesses are looking at the Teesside area then they're going to Darlington or Stockton. Rail, Road and Air links. The MP and Council should have been moving heaven and earth to try and win that wind farm contract for Hartlepool businesses.

Inspector Knacker

I don't think our so called councillors have the ability to compete in the market place. If want a free hot dog jamboree or wild flower frenzy, there's none better. But if you want to move forward with the important stuff, you need change.
I suspect they've went beyond the collective limits of their ability. If you were looking for material for a comedy script, leave things as they are. If you want change, address realistic options.
This isn't a dig at the Labour Party, it's the personnel that want shaking out.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

mk1

Quote from: Riddler5 on July 05, 2017, 05: PM
I don't think our so called councillors have the ability to compete in the market place. If want a free hot dog jamboree or wild flower frenzy, there's none better. But if you want to move forward with the important stuff, you need change.
I suspect they've went beyond the collective limits of their ability. If you were looking for material for a comedy script, leave things as they are. If you want change, address realistic options.
This isn't a dig at the Labour Party, it's the personnel that want shaking out.

Labours finest....

Inspector Knacker

Watched 'The Quatermass Experiment' on the telly today. Don't know what caused me to think of that?

mk1

Quote from: Riddler5 on July 05, 2017, 06: PM
Watched 'The Quatermass Experiment' on the telly today. Don't know what caused me to think of that?

Maybe because the Star of the film had a drinking problem?

DRiddle

I blame political apathy for allowing the lunatics to get a firm foothold in the asylum.

Wasn't it Plato who said one of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors?

In a local council election we're talking about a situation where 60, 70 even 80% of people in some wards don't vote at all.

Such a situation has been a big contributing factor in where we've ended up in Hartlepoool.

Looking at the pictures posted by MK1, it's kind of hard to disagree with Plato.

Inspector Knacker

Look at the leading lights, if this is the cream of the crop, what does it say about the obedient minions?
They owe their position to being members of a party. Lots of voters don't think, they vote for the party label, you could put a picture of a steam iron on the election blurb and it would get elected.
If they stood unopposed as independents, without party backing, they'd come second.
And there's the problem.
That said, there's no real opposition from the traditional opposition, just Bagpuss tribute acts, so we carry on going round in circles.

Inspector Knacker

Why no input from the new kids on the block?

mk1

Quote from: Riddler5 on July 05, 2017, 08: PM
Why no input from the new kids on the block?
Because they are blocked. The forum is not here to  dance to their agenda. Blank them.

fred c

Every picture tells a story..........what on earth business leaders must think when it comes to dealing with our leading civic figures........ I can't begin to imagine.....

BresslawoffoftheBunker

Who are the NKOTB ?

Inspector Knacker

BresslawoffoftheBunker

That didn't really answer my question.....

mk1

Hover over 'Members' top right.

Click 'view the members list'.

Click 'Date Registered' at right until the most current date shows at the top of the list.

You are now viewing members sorted by the latest to join with number of posts and posting status.

BresslawoffoftheBunker

Not for the 1st time in my life I can use the term Veteran !