Fens Medical Centre to Close

Started by steveL, October 27, 2016, 01: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveL

Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Clarity

Is anyone else having a problem with opening the link?

kevplumb

link goes back to the front page
A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment

steveL

Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Clarity

Quote from: kevplumb on October 27, 2016, 03: PM
link goes back to the front page
I know but the link on the front page doesn't work for me. ..All other links do

steveL

The only link of the front page is to the Mail story. There wasn't much to report really other than what's on the front page but it appears Labour are now in a flap because they have two Fens Councillors. They're going to send a letter to Jeremy Hunt (yes, another one) but I'm afraid he'll just say it's a local decision - the silly thing is labour know it.

kevplumb

A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment

Hartlepudlion

Yep stevel. Labour can always spend money on their bribes to the public but not on the services they are mandated to supply.

The tragic accident yesterday is a case in point. I know we don't know the details of the accident but it happened in a dangerous spot which has been pointed out to the Council on numerous occasions. Every time a controlled crossing was requested it was refused.

steveL

This isn't the time for such things. I know The Mail is desperate for content, but I personally find the habit they have adopted of quoting condolence messages from Facebook to be distasteful. This is a very private time for the family and it should be left as such.

mk1

The Mail will make a meal of it. They will run with it right up to the funeral and they have no shame when it comes to padding out their Council  broadsheet. Joy is a disgusting individual but the real blame will lie with Codner as he is the one and only Hartlepool link they have. .

Inspector Knacker

Closure. So much for talk of treatment in the community.
We close down hospital services or ship them out then extoll the virtues of treatment in the community. And when they're whittled away, then what?
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

not4me

Amazon do a good car first aid kit.

Inspector Knacker

We'll be left with prayer in the community.
As for the car first aid kit, could you use your Elastoplast and germolene first and leave the first aid kit free for more important accidents. Thank you.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Truthache

Quote from: Riddler5 on October 28, 2016, 08: AM
Closure. So much for talk of treatment in the community.
We close down hospital services or ship them out then extoll the virtues of treatment in the community. And when they're whittled away, then what?

This point about losing community health facilities, at a time when we should be retaining them, has been made to NTH FT and the CCG.  Two of the key parties involved in STP process don't seem to be in full harmony at this time.  The shortage of GPs and Nursing Home places in Hartlepool are a major concern now.  If that situation isn't improved then the future doesn't look bright for community health planning.