Burn Valley

Started by Lord Elpus, September 05, 2016, 11: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: Lord Elpus on September 08, 2016, 09: AM
The part that 'boils my pish' is down from the 'snaky path' as far as the path that cuts through from Eldon Grove to BV allotments.  Corporate neglect, plain and simple, it would have been better if they had just left it and spent that money elsewhere. 
There's a word that organisations turn a blind eye to without a second thought, 'maintenance' !
They're so good at turning up to cut the ribbon when the next flagship project is milked to death for a photo shoot and publicity, but then apparently expect it to maintain itself. The Wingfield Castle a testament to this deluded school of thought.
They inherit something,leave it to rot then blame somebody else.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

jawsbbc

there you go your black and white painted horse

jawsbbc

and another painted pony take a look on their OFCA  community farm facebook page this was at the rifty fun day

jawsbbc

mrs Cs warrior in the background i see

fred c

Quote from: jawsbbc on September 13, 2016, 03: PM
mrs Cs warrior in the background i see

Lying Ste Akers B's van in shot as well.........how on earth they get away with calling that a 'Community Farm' is beyond the pale.

Alnwickist

Hardly ever open, an absolute dump.

jawsbbc

of course its not, its only open when cranny can milk some FUNDIN from somewhere

Hartlepudlion

I see that passionate Dave is trying to drum up (con) well meaning volunteers to clean up Burn Valley. All this means is that the cost of maintenance, HBC's responsibility, can be 'saved' and then spent on such important things as the Rifty Fun Day.

You couldn't make it up. Only in Hartlepool!

Heknocks68

You also need to take your rake, shovel, brush, bags (which must be the correct type) or they wont be taken away, some weed killer ( which must be accompanied by a risk and coshh assesment) and dont forget your gloves (which must be of the appropriate type appropriate to the task) our "local" councilor will be available to advise accordingly so as to so far as is reasonably practicable assist the local authority meet its health and safety obligations.

Inspector Knacker

Here's a radical concept. We pay rates. So what say we employ professionals to maintain public spaces to a suitable standard.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.