UKIP Frozen Out of Planning

Started by steveL, May 24, 2016, 07: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveL

Despite having 5 Councillors as opposed to the 3 Tories, UKIP have found themselves completely frozen out of the Planning Committee  while all 3 Tory Councillors have been given seats - a sign of just how important Planning is to Wells.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

for fawkes sake

Quote from: steveL on May 24, 2016, 07: PM
Despite having 5 Councillors as opposed to the 3 Tories, UKIP have found themselves completely frozen out of the Planning Committee  while all 3 Tory Councillors have been given seats - a sign of just how important Planning is to Wells.

Yes but it also makes perfectly clear what the basis of the relationship between Labour and the Conservatives is: the three Conservatives support Labour in everything that they do and in return Wells gets all three of his councillors onto the Planning Committee. It's an arrangement not dissimilar to prostitution.

That's not to say that the other two Conservative councillors have anything to add. Their purpose is simply one of denying their two seats to non-coalition Councillors. I'm sure Wells would ideally like 4 seats so that the Planning Committee could be kept as an all-coalition affair.
"Remember, remember the fifth of November.
Gunpowder, Treason and Plot.
I see no reason why Gunpowder Treason
Should ever be forgot."

marky

Is it too early to mention the word 'corrupt'?

Lord Elpus

Don't expect George Morris to turn up for many.

for fawkes sake

Quote from: Lord Elpus on May 24, 2016, 09: PM
Don't expect George Morris to turn up for many.

Now that the dice are set and non-coalition councillors are, bar one, excluded then the attendance of the two other Conservatives is not required.
"Remember, remember the fifth of November.
Gunpowder, Treason and Plot.
I see no reason why Gunpowder Treason
Should ever be forgot."

Alnwickist

George Morris, can't remember the last meeting he attended,even then he left half way through.