Playing politics

Started by stevo7723, September 28, 2014, 04: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stevo7723

Maybe I'm naive, missing the point or just plain stupid, I don't know but why do the same people on here and those who comment on the mail website condemn a councillor for playing politics when the intention is for a positive outcome.  They seem hung up on being offended at any councillor regardless of political leaning taking a photo op to further a good cause. 
Yes there are times when these stunts are nothing but self serving, like when you have the mail report on you as you tour empty wards of a hospital that cant be saved from closure or by a play park shortly before an election.  I don't see that in this case, no doubt this raises profile for the cause and yes the politician but self serving it is not.

Surely sometimes in politics you have to play politics!  It's the nature of the beast.

There's a nice bit of ham in the fridge son

steveL

I wouldn't read too much into it. Riddle is the target of a gaggle of internet trolls and has been for some time. It doesn't really matter what he does or what he says, the same gaggle will use it to have to have a pop at him. Those leading the campaign to save these two medical centres (Wynyard is home and dry) are worried that the threat of closure will prompt people to register somewhere else and has asked people to stay put and hold their ground. Riddle's picture was clearly aimed at helping to get the same message across.

I did read on the Mail that if Riddle posted his favourite recipe for Broccoli and Stilton soup, the same gaggle would somehow manage to use it to have another go at him. I'd say that was a pretty accurate assessment of the situation.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

mk1

Quote from: steveL on September 28, 2014, 04: PM
I wouldn't read too much into it. Riddle is the target of a gaggle of internet trolls and has been for some time. It doesn't really matter what he does or what he says, the same gaggle will use it to have to have a pop at him.

The cabal invested much time and effort in trying to stop Riddle getting elected. They were totally convinced they had pulled it off and they openly salivated at the thought of their upcoming triumph. One dingbat even boasted he had an army of volunteers ready to leaflet the Ward and finish Riddle. It was all bollocks and they were stunned when the result was announced. This tipped them over the edge and they have devoted their sad lives to doing down Riddle in the vain hope they can salvage some credibility.
There will always  be people who you can never reconcile. By their rantings they have exposed themselves as  unreasoning lunatics.  As long as they are a tiny minority they have no credibility and are openly derided as  bong-eyed delusional obsessives.
They scuttle about here as well and it is  fun to poke fun at them as they try to change their posting style to avoid detection.

pensionater

Mk1 yet another quote.I suppose i am one of the so called trolls that you are on about ,the point i try to get across is you can't condemn someone from another party ,be it Labour or Conservative from electioneering then totally ignore someone from an Independent party from doing exactly the same thing.If this site is for the good of the town then All Councillors should be put under the spotlight.Troll away.

mk1

Quote from: pensionater on September 28, 2014, 08: PM
I suppose i am one of the so called trolls that you are on about...............

Guilt?

pensionater