Is the North East the Uk's Detroit?

Started by DRiddle, May 12, 2014, 08: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SRMoore

You wish to vote tactically, I understand that and encourage it. With that in mind I'd urge you to look at the figures from the last election.
I, as a conservative, wasn't far behind Keith with PHF & UKIP trailing quite a way behind. It was a good result considering the pr nightmare I had to endure following 'that' spring budget which left many of the core conservative voters staying at home in protest (as they were more than happy to tell me on the doorstep).

The mood has now changed and practically every one of those supporters who told me they'd be staying at home last time have now happily expressed their intention to vote for me/the party this year. And I am thankful to each and every one of them.

Obviously I'd love your vote but it is your choice and I won't badger your for it or resort to calling you because you don't agree with me ;)

Goodnight.

DRiddle

The PHF candidate is a different animal this year though Shane.

In terms of tactical voting across the town as a whole, it's a complete no brainer who people should vote for if you're a tactical voter. I won't bother proving that categorically with figures I already have, but it's definitely PHF.

I think personally though, most tactical voters dont need TELLING who to vote for, they work it out. They gauge the mood, the feeling in their ward, they work out who has the momentum, the zeitgeist and they go with that.

I did hear a very interesting reason why a person was voting a certain way when i was canvassing in the ward on Sunday though. I'll share it with you after the election so as to keep this fight clean.

SRMoore

We will have to agree to disagree on that one for the Hart Ward.

And for the record I still think this article is a load of tosh

DRiddle

I guess that depends on how people feel they were represnted over a certain key issue in the ward.

DRiddle

I see you've removed your direct reference to another candidate by name Shane, wise move.

SRMoore

Indeed I did, David. Not because it was a negative comment against Keith as you seem to be insinuating (it wasn't) but because I didn't want it to be misconstrued as a veiled snipe at PHF.

DRiddle

Come on Shane, it wasn't an insinuation. I siad we'd keep this clean, and i meant it. :-) Happy days.

steveL

Quote from: SRMoore on May 13, 2014, 09: AM
Indeed I did, David. Not because it was a negative comment against Keith as you seem to be insinuating (it wasn't) but because I didn't want it to be misconstrued as a veiled snipe at PHF.

God forbid, Shane.

Are you still the prospective candidate in the General Election? It's just that looking ahead at the likely candidates you seem to be the best option right now and I could end up voting for you. Is that scary or what?
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

DRiddle

I'm told a certain  local blogger will be announcing another general election candidate for Hartlepool in due course... i'm not quite sure where he's got his information from though.

craig finton

From the ether if past experience is anything to go by.