Pensioners

Started by Hartlepudlion, November 28, 2019, 04: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hartlepudlion

I can't find any mention of pensions in the Labour Manifesto. The only thing I've read about is the abolition of the married persons allowance. A £250 income tax increase for many pensioners.

Labour make a large play on what other benefits are on offer but none of which apply to pensioners.

Have I missed any pensioner announcements?

Inspector Knacker

Corbyn said in the Andrew Neil interview that it was unfair on unmarried couples so if he cancelled it they'd be then be equal. When pointed out that the married couples would be £250 a year worse off, he prattled on about equality.
Just a thought, but if cohabiting couples want the money just get married, but that's Corbynomics for you.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

fred c

According to the above information by the original poster, I will be £400 worse off.

akarjl2

= don't vote for comrade Corbyn
The Morons seemed to have gone but so have the normals.....

mk1

Quote from: akarjl2 on November 29, 2019, 06: PM

Using that logic then the side promising the most 'sweeties; should be the one you vote for.

akarjl2

Quote from: mk1 on November 29, 2019, 06: PM

Using that logic then the side promising the most 'sweeties; should be the one you vote for.

Why not enlighten us oh great one and advise us who we should vote for? ;)
The Morons seemed to have gone but so have the normals.....

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: mk1 on November 29, 2019, 06: PM

Not really, Corbyn in his 'cunning plan' is not offering anything, he's taking it away. Letting someone keep what they've already got is hardly an incentive.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.