General Election December 12th?

Started by Lucy Lass-Tick, October 24, 2019, 05: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fred c

My first clik every morning was The Hartlepool Post, no longer, unfortunately it has degenerated into a forum that has very few posters, it always had a reasonably b a lanced spectrum of views, it's focus was on local politics, specifically the antics of the self serving labTor Mob.

That focus has been transferred to an anti independent anti ruling group forum, users have stopped contributing because any point of view that shows any support for leaving the EU or the efforts of the current ruling group and its leader is disected and ridiculed.

Persomnally speaking I believe that things have improved locally, although I do concede that it was a mistake to allow CAB a committee chair, having said that, the new labmob have been determined to oppose anything and everything brought forward by the ruling group.

As for the Brexit saga, all sides / parties have pissballed around the issue from the off and in doing so made national politics in this country a laughing stock....no one comes out of the last 3 years with any credit.

Tee_Ess_25er

And the award for the best post of the year goes to.....drum roll........................................

Quote from: fred c on October 31, 2019, 01: PM
My first clik every morning was The Hartlepool Post, no longer, unfortunately it has degenerated into a forum that has very few posters, it always had a reasonably b a lanced spectrum of views, it's focus was on local politics, specifically the antics of the self serving labTor Mob.

That focus has been transferred to an anti independent anti ruling group forum, users have stopped contributing because any point of view that shows any support for leaving the EU or the efforts of the current ruling group and its leader is disected and ridiculed.

Persomnally speaking I believe that things have improved locally, although I do concede that it was a mistake to allow CAB a committee chair, having said that, the new labmob have been determined to oppose anything and everything brought forward by the ruling group.

As for the Brexit saga, all sides / parties have pissballed around the issue from the off and in doing so made national politics in this country a laughing stock....no one comes out of the last 3 years with any credit.

Inspector Knacker

The mob attracted people to politics, to stop them.

Agreed, but only if we tolerate it. Healthy respectful debate by all means, but posters assuming the self constructed moral high ground and a divine right are unacceptable

Local politics have assumed a lower profile compared to the antics of the publicity vampires. If the Independents had swithched to say Labour or the Lib Dem's, this conversation would not be happening. But some people just couldn't stand the choice of the the Brexit Party as it gave some people the vapours and could not be tolerated. Tough!

What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

mk1

That is incorrect. It never was 'balanced'. It was  very anti-SCAB and by extension highly critical of all things Labour. Years back there was even an organised effort by UKIP to infiltrate and dominate the forum and  many of these posters held extreme views on a number of issues. The main UKIP man had a history that included acts of political violence and he was a member of a far-right Group when several of its members were convicted of fire-bombing synagogues. The far-right have always had a  presence here.

Here a link to a page in one of the 'heated debates' that ensued,

http://hptimbral.hartlepoolpost.co.uk/index.php/topic,103.msg1672.html#msg1672

There are dozens of threads where you can see the same for those who want to check the facts. The search button at the top has its uses.
Be aware that the Forum has been destroyed (as in wiped)at least twice and that a good chunk of the old posts no longer exist so it is not the complete picture.

I wonder if anyone knows what happened to this very critical anti-UKIP poster?

Quote from: The Shadow on May 01, 2012, 07: PM

Incidentally... Ever notice how many posts on twitter with eht #UKIP hash tag also have #BNP and #EDL in the same tweet?If you haven't anything to do with these organisations Mike, your party seriously needs to do more to give that impression.

And it is a perfect example of how people can 'change their minds'  (without apparently noticing) and become that which they once ridiculed.

mk1

The Hartlepool Post.......... unfortunately it has degenerated into a forum that has very few posters,

It died with Steve. He was the driving force and he had the contacts to get the real story behind the headlines. Insiders would 'leak' to him and unfortunately we no longer have that conduit. The removal of Labour and the isolation of the SCABs was also a factor. If you don't get the scoops you don't get the traffic.  There just is not enough interest in dog-s**t collection issues and sea wall maintenance to sustain the place. FB has grabbed all that mithering  and good luck to anyone who thinks they can have an informed 'debate' on that platform.   

mk1

Again incorrect. The 'Forum' is in no way critical of the Brexit Party. The Forum is overwhelmingly silent on the duplicity of UKIP IU The Brexit Party, I seem to be the only one who mentions it. The problems arise when 'Shane' is criticised and his groupies get the vapours.  Criticised with concrete examples of his duplicity.  Rather than address these examples his groupies  whine and complain they are being bullied. 
Are you saying that he should be given a pass  simply because he shares your views on Brexit?

Personally speaking I believe that things have improved locally, although I do concede that it was a mistake to allow CAB a committee chair,

You used to be very vocal about Doc pothole having a day job in London. You would mention it all the time. I have not heard a single word from you about Tennant. Is he not in the exact same  Doc Pothole situation?
Why the silence?

mk1

any support for leaving the EU or the efforts of the current ruling group and its leader is disected and ridiculed.

But it is ok to ridicule Dianne Abbot?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/273708489455822/permalink/1447909405369052/

mk1

I see Doc pothole is on The Post  FB. No mention (as of 16:30)that Tennant is a direct comparison.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/273708489455822/permalink/1456047307888595/

Lucy Lass-Tick

Quite right - the forum was Steve's baby and it has never recovered from his loss, and those of us fortunate enough to consider ourselves as having been one of his friends miss him, too. But those of us that are left do our poor best to keep things going as part of his legacy. No - it isn't the same, and no - it never will be. Steve himself asked that the Facebook page be created and made public, so that all people could share comments and view it (although only members can write). MK1 may not like Facebook but there are plenty that do. Of course the posts swing all over the place regarding people's views. But that's because the Post Facebook group has over 2,500 random Hartlepudlians writing on it, no doubt with nearly as many opinions. We are NOT going to censor people's comments unless they become legally questionable, contain bad language or contain childish name calling. What people write within these boundaries does NOT represent the views of the Post itself - just think of it like a letters page. The admins. (and do remember that there are only three of them, so it can't be monitored 24/7) do NOT direct the conversations and any moderation is retrospective.

Inspector Knacker

Ok, so Mk1 thinks this board is about dog sh**e issues and the Facebook site does not meet his standards.
So will you be moving on to pastures new....?

fred c

I can't be arsed to disect your 4 posts, I really can't, you are fixated by your messianic hatred of Brexit and the Brexit Party and anyone who voted for it.

I did vote leave, but that doesn't make me or the other 17,399,000 other people who voted to leave members of the BNP, National Front, English Defence League or The Nazi Party, although some of them may be.

For the vast majority of us, it simply meant we voted to leave the European Union nothing more nothing less.

Lucy Lass-Tick

Since today is Halloween, I'm sorely tempted to try a little sympathetic magic .... but do I have enough wax & pins?

mk1

Quote from: fred c on October 31, 2019, 05: PM
I can't be arsed to disect your 4 posts, I really can't,

I will make it simpler then. What are your views on a local Councillor who also has a full-time job in Brussels?.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: Lucy Lass-Tick on October 31, 2019, 06: PM
Since today is Halloween, I'm sorely tempted to try a little sympathetic magic .... but do I have enough wax & pins?
Crack on... ;D

mk1

Quote from: fred c on October 31, 2019, 05: PM
you are fixated by your messianic hatred of Brexit and the Brexit Party and anyone who voted for it.

I repeat this for all those who missed it in an earlier post:

I have never given my support to either side on this issue.

I did it deliberately because you can not claim to be, or will be seen as, impartial if you chose a side.