SAB back off the leash . . . Vanity projects? What vanity projects?

Started by DRiddle, February 25, 2018, 10: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shepherd

That Sea Cadet in Inspector Knackers post is doubtless totally star-struck by the occasion, the crowds, the noise.....the GLAMOUR.

I bet its indelibly stamped into his memory, something he may foundly recall as he prepares to shuffle off this moral coil, as we all must one day.

That or the ball-crunching, toe-curling embarrassment of association with this sad, sordid, squalid little event. Poor b'stard had to be there, he was pressed into it. Commanding officer should face justice at The Hague for war crimes and scaring young minds.

Lucy Lass-Tick

I'm sure that the Sea Cadet will recount the glorious day to his grandchildren.

kevplumb

Quote from: Lucy Lass-Tick on February 26, 2018, 06: PM
I'm sure that the Sea Cadet will recount the glorious day to his grandchildren.
not if he has anything between his ears he won't
A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment

Stig of the Seaton Dump

Are those pictures of the chains of office one and the same chain.

If so what happened to the piece with diamonds above Queenies portrait ?

Was that not retrieved from the bottom on which was sat upon it ?
I don't believe it.

mk1

There are two of these things on the chain. Queen Victoria is the smaller top one.

fred c

DRiddle

As i recall, there was Fred, the late Steve Latimer and myself (and my dog) making up the literal 3 men and a dog keeping an eye on this farce. Very bizarrely a policeman happened to stand next to us and then a disheveled looking chap started taking photos of the three of us.

I didn't know it at the time but the member of the paparazzi turned out to be SABs dad, who coincidentally decided to take close up facial shots of the three of us. I can only assume the photos were for his own personal use. I didn't mind as i'd recently had my teeth done.

The best bit was when i challenged him, he soiled himself and stepped backwards onto the road and was almost mowed down by a passing car.

Finally, Cranney arrived and seemed to look up at the church roof for a long time.

Probably making a mental note of the lead flashing . . .

Lucy Lass-Tick

Quote from: DRiddle on February 28, 2018, 06: PM

Finally, Cranney arrived and seemed to look up at the church roof for a long time.

If about to enter a church, he could have been looking to dodge a bolt of lightning?

kevplumb

Quote from: Lucy Lass-Tick on February 28, 2018, 06: PM
Quote from: DRiddle on February 28, 2018, 06: PM

If about to enter a church, he could have been looking to dodge a bolt of lightning?
;D ;D ;D ;D probably closer to the truth
A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment