Democracy Labour style.

Started by admin, February 27, 2018, 05: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

From Shane Robert Moore -has just been posted on the Hartlepool Post's Facebook group page.

'Democracy Labour style.
Apparently, unhappy with my unwillingness to go along with the 4.9% increase of your council tax, Cllr Akers-Belcher has told other councillors I will be removed from sitting on the Finance and Policy committee in the next municipal year.

The Independent group will be entitled to seats on the F&P committee next year, however if my name is put forward as a member again the Labour group will replace my seat with a councillor of their choosing instead. Presumably one who will just do as they are told.'

https://www.facebook.com/groups/273708489455822/?fref=nf

jeffh

The constitutional make up of the various committees is something that is totally ignored by the council.

Last year I had a number of email exchanges with Peter Devlin expressing my concern at the imbalance that currently exists regarding the make up the committees - 3 Conservative councillors on the planning committee is a blatant example.

I don't understand Shane's concern over who would replace him - are there any non-Lab/Tor councillors who will do as they are told by CAB?
- or is he saying he will be replace by a Labour councillor? - if so we really need to start petitioning Devlin in a big way

kevplumb

A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment

Stig of the Seaton Dump

They are all in it together.

Worst that will happen is a committee composition awareness course in the South of France.

Fight them at the polling station.
I don't believe it.

Lucy Lass-Tick

Maybe this is wishful thinking, but could the tide be turning when it comes to local reaction to their goings on? Was the 31% increase combined with the planned council tax increases the last straw? Answers on a postcard ...

Lord Elpus

if CAB is daft enough to try this the local gov ombudsman would tear him a new ar** hole

kevplumb

Quote from: Lord Elpus on February 28, 2018, 07: AM
if CAB is daft enough to try this the local gov ombudsman would tear him a new ar** hole
he is daft enough
I really hope he tries it
will strengthen the push for independents ;)
A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment

fred c

Megalomania running amok in Hartlepool........

Lord Elpus

Quote from: fred c on February 28, 2018, 10: AM
Megalomania running amok in Hartlepool........

incompetent megalomanic running amok in Hartlepool