Hartlepools very own

Started by mr ben, October 20, 2019, 10: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucy Lass-Tick

What a disrespectful description of Hartlepudlians ... most of us aren't straight out of Hogarth

mk1

Quote from: Lucy Lass-Tick on October 22, 2019, 07: PM
What a disrespectful description of Hartlepudlians ... most of us aren't straight out of Hogarth

Or 'Hartlepool Drunks'?

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: mk1 on October 22, 2019, 06: PM
Quote from: Inspector Knacker on October 22, 2019, 06: PM

I think from some of your less than charitable descriptions of 'brexiteers' leaves little doubt where your heart lays.
My problem is with fat baldy  old men running around threatening people. Drunks and slobs (or even women who fight outside pubs and 'put Hartlepool on the map'?)who normally spend their daylight hours closeted in pubs who now have found a 'cause' and something else to start a fight about.
Anyway lets get back to the point. You described me as a 'remainer' and I pointed out that I have been very careful not to pick a horse in this race. I did it  so that I could not be accused of being partisan. I guess that is a concept alien to you. I presume you looked and failed to find anything so how about admitting you made an assumption but were caught out by the facts-yet again!
So you're a fence sitter. Ah well.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Lucy Lass-Tick

Quote from: mk1 on October 22, 2019, 08: PM

Or 'Hartlepool Drunks'?

Do you really believe that these photos (which have, to be fair, been done by an established photographer (not unlike Bill Brandt in style) represent the majority of the town? If so, I don't envy you the company you keep ....

Inspector Knacker

Are they supposed to represent typical Hartlepool pub patrons? ::)
Just how old are these 'charming' little snaps?

mk1

Google 'David Wise' with 'Hartlepool drunks'

Lucy Lass-Tick

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on October 22, 2019, 08: PM
Are they supposed to represent typical Hartlepool pub patrons? ::)
Just how old are these 'charming' little snaps?

Going back a bit  - http://www.angelfire.com/ak/headland/headland.html

mk1

No one in my circle has ever brought up Brexit with me
I have never initiated a conversation about Brexit with anyone I know.
In my experience the overwhelming majority of 'ordinary working people' do not care about it.

As a fully paid-up member of the working class I can completely refute the Brexiteer claim that 'ordinary' people are overwhelmingly in favour of leaving and are clamouring for us to leave. It may be those who are completely obsessed with it are moving in a closed world where Brexit  dominates and is always being talked about but I have not yet come across these strange communities and their zombie inhabitants. In my experience most 'ordinary' people don't give a toss either way.
So I am not constantly assailed (in real life) with chatter about a Fourth Reich, EU Army, Churchill, Blitz, White Cliffs of Dover, Blue Passports, Leave means Leave, taking back control or any other trite idiotic memes. I guess you could say I one of the lucky ones.

Hubris

Quote from: Lucy Lass-Tick on October 21, 2019, 04: PM
@ MK1 - I'm beginning to think that people aren't writing much on here because they fear that they'll just be shot down in flames.

I'm with you LL-T. Like several ex-posters who I've spoken with, I've just about
Quote from: mk1 on October 22, 2019, 08: PM

Or 'Hartlepool Drunks'?

given up even looking at the Post these days now that it's turned into the very boring, very ill-informed, very 'stuck-record', very inflated ego trip of the mk I soap-box show (btw mk, paranoia really IS treatable in these modern times)

mk1

Quote from: Hubris on October 23, 2019, 12: AM
, paranoia really IS treatable in these modern times

Unlike stupidity. So whilst I can be cured you have no hope.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: mk1 on October 22, 2019, 10: PM

No one in my circle has ever brought up Brexit with me
I suspect they'd soon regret it if they did.
I have never initiated a conversation about Brexit with anyone I know.
In my experience the overwhelming majority of 'ordinary working people' do not care about it.
Ah, so you're a hermit, it's all making sense now
As a fully paid-up member of the working class I can completely refute the Brexiteer claim that 'ordinary' people are overwhelmingly in favour of leaving and are clamouring for us to leave.
hmmm, so because you say it is so, it is so. That sounds almost religious in it's finality.
It may be those who are completely obsessed with it are moving in a closed world where Brexit  dominates and is always being talked about but I have not yet come across these strange communities and their zombie inhabitants. In my experience most 'ordinary' people don't give a toss either way.
So you know the mindset of the 'ordinary people'?
So I am not constantly assailed (in real life) with chatter about a Fourth Reich, EU Army, Churchill, Blitz, White Cliffs of Dover, Blue Passports, Leave means Leave, taking back control or any other trite idiotic memes. I guess you could say I one of the lucky ones.
And you claim it's not possible to decide which side of the fence you've set up your tent.. Comedy classic  ;D ;D

mk1

I presume no one is going to address (or even acknowledge?) the blatant double-standards over Riddles post on the FB page?

Inspector Knacker

mk1

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on October 23, 2019, 04: PM
I await your analysis.
Already given. See detailed post below with the cast-iron and undeniable evidence of the double-standards.

Summary.
Supporters of Shane do not believe any of his old comments have any bearing on his stance today. The position is that people can 'change their minds'.

Supporters of Shane believe Corbyn is a hypocrite if he ever changes his mind on anything.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: mk1 on October 23, 2019, 04: PM
Quote from: Inspector Knacker on October 23, 2019, 04: PM
I await your analysis.
Already given. See detailed post below with the cast-iron and undeniable evidence of the double-standards.

Summary.
Supporters of Shane do not believe any of his old comments have any bearing on his stance today. The position is that people can 'change their minds'.
A popular phrase among politicians and commentators of the remain persuasion, in fact they invented it. So, what's good for the goose is good for Councillor.

As for Corbin,  that's the one case where I was disappointed. Tony Benn will be disappointed.