tall ships

Started by kevplumb, February 07, 2023, 08: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kevplumb

A spokesperson for Hartlepool Borough Council and The Tall Ships Races Hartlepool 2023 said: ?With hundreds of thousands of visitors expected over four days, this prestigious, world famous free event will provide a huge boost to the local economy.  ::) ::) ::) it didn't last time

means they will only lose ?15,000 this time
not to worry the council tax will cover it  >:(
A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment

seaton

Quote from: kevplumb on February 07, 2023, 08: AM
A spokesperson for Hartlepool Borough Council and The Tall Ships Races Hartlepool 2023 said: ?With hundreds of thousands of visitors expected over four days, this prestigious, world famous free event will provide a huge boost to the local economy.  ::) ::) ::) it didn't last time

means they will only lose ?15,000 this time
not to worry the council tax will cover it  >:(

Will Council be putting double yellow lines every where to try and force people on the park and ride which nobody used ?
To provide a huge boost to the the town?s economy parking should be free every where for the 4 day event.

Lucy Lass-Tick

TVCA is funding the event - not HBC.

tisme

By all accounts the Tall Ships is a SPECTULAR event, and ONLY HPool can do it as it should and MUST be done.  HPool should be extremely proud of what they actually do have, and what they achieve, compared to other, less fortunate, constituencies.  Seems to me HPool gets talked down, instead of being talked UP, and by HPool people. I would say to the naysayers, look again, and again, at what you DO have, and, what you have achieved.

kevplumb

all this was on the cards before  they jumped into bed with that lot
A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!

tisme

Park and Ride is a way of life, and always has been, in some countries.  Its actually brilliant - Hop on, and Hop off.  What could be better, simpler, cheaper, and, environmentally friendly ? And a definte 'win' for the wallet.   A 'Win' all round...

kevplumb

Quote from: tisme on February 08, 2023, 01: PM
By all accounts the Tall Ships is a SPECTULAR event, and ONLY HPool can do it as it should and MUST be done.  HPool should be extremely proud of what they actually do have, and what they achieve, compared to other, less fortunate, constituencies.  Seems to me HPool gets talked down, instead of being talked UP, and by HPool people. I would say to the naysayers, look again, and again, at what you DO have, and, what you have achieved.

the only thing spectacular was the amount of council tax payers money the bunch of buffoons managed to lose

kevplumb

Quote from: Lucy Lass-Tick on February 07, 2023, 04: PM
TVCA is funding the event - not HBC.
so i assume theres nothing in the small print that HBC will stand the losses ???

Lucy Lass-Tick

Have heard nothing to even suggest that to be the case.

seaton

Quote from: Lucy Lass-Tick on February 09, 2023, 10: AM
Have heard nothing to even suggest that to be the case.

I think if they were Houchen photo would be at the forefront.